0.101: Airly, Apprise, Sinch, Solar-Log, Microsoft Teams

Upgrade/Downgrade via SSH

hassio homeassistant update --version=0.100.3
1 Like

Thatā€™s a shame. Is this regular with Home Assistant that instead of being able to upgrade to the next version, everyone has to reinstall everything from scratch?

You still have your config, it wonā€™t take long.

Actually it does. Instead of just pip3 install --upgrade homeassistant now I have to:

• create a new directory for this version of HA to be able to go back if it does not work
  • install python3.7
  • do the whole install process of HA
  • copy the configs back
  • check if it works
  • rewrite all the config management tasks/configs corresponding to the HA install
  • remove old HA directory
  • remove new HA directory
  • use the rewritten config management scripts to reinstall HA and check if it works, fix it if it doesnā€™t
  • copy back the config directory

I also have a HA running in a virtualenv (on Windows). It looks like there is no easier way for a seamless upgrade of python in an existing virtualenv, which is really a shame. If anyone manages to do it, I would be really grateful for a short tutorial :blush:

Edit:
Managed to get it working it quite easily: Installing new Python, creating new virtualenv, reinstalled needed packages (resources.txt), copied configuration.yaml + some other yaml files. So far everything looks okay.

The ā€œcheck if it worksā€ part already failed. Same issue as others:

2019-11-01 09:08:09 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component history
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant-latest/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 172, in _async_setup_component
    hass, processed_config
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant-latest/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/history/__init__.py", line 283, in async_setup
    hass.components.frontend.async_register_built_in_panel(
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant-latest/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py", line 421, in __getattr__
    component: Optional[ModuleType] = integration.get_component()
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant-latest/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py", line 223, in get_component
    cache[self.domain] = importlib.import_module(self.pkg_path)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 983, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 677, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 728, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant-latest/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/frontend/__init__.py", line 10, in <module>
    import hass_frontend
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'hass_frontend'

EDIT: Ok, it seems that moving frontend: !include frontend.yaml to the very top of the configuration.yaml solves this issue

@nickrout I really donā€™t think that is the point of the questionā€¦

(Iā€™m not sure if it is relevant to what follows but Iā€™m running hassio on Ubuntu in Docker following the guide from @kanga_who)

Iā€™m currently on v100.2 and when I run the config checker add-on the log ends by displaying a ā€˜randomā€™ section of my config.

No indication of it passed or failed the check.

Iā€™m guessing that the frontend log displayed by this ad-on is restricted to a certain number of lines but that doesnā€™t explain why the output starts in the middle of one of my automations and shows the first half of another one.

Iā€™ve read the breaking changes and Iā€™ve got the breaking changes custom component from @ludeeus and nothing leads me to think that I canā€™t upgrade safely.

But there seem to have been a LOT of under the cover changes in this release and many people having what appear to be quite ā€˜randomā€™ problems so how can I have level of confidence that I wonā€™t be screwed by updating?

Wait till dust settles then upgrade when issues resolved

1 Like

Yes, that is what I usually do but in this case the config checker really threw meā€¦

[03:25:54] INFO: Checking your configuration against this version...
[03:29:46] INFO: Configuration check finished - no error found! :)

:+1:

Itā€™s fixed in 0.101.1

Hi
Maybe I misunderstood the json goodbye and yaml ā€œrendererā€ for states.
In developer tools/states, I can see attributes values for my custom component and play with it in templates (and thx, we can now use list without some json trick)

But in interface (everywhere) (I use lovelace) I see [object].

Sorry for my English, I can post screenshots if you need.

Yes I tried this morning, just before I posted here, when 101.1 was available
And thisā€¦
It looks like it might not be fixed, if that is even the same issue as I am having.

I am obviously missing something simple here, trying to update from 0.100.3 to 0.101.1 I have 2 remote HAā€™s that updated fine using my same basic config structure, but this one is off and need some direction where to start. Log from config check add-on: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/RH5Q68qcyx/
I am running NGINX proxy on this instanceā€¦maybe? (RPi4 Hassio install) Anyone?

Every time I restart my HA then Glances are discovered. Why?

Deleted reference to api_password and all good. Found the answers here in the thread.

got mine to upgrade had to completely remove auth providers from the config

I had the same, but after removing the complete opentherm_gw config in configuration.yaml the climate entity got back after a restart.

For me the integration config flow wasnā€™t smooth. The integration seemed missing after the first integration submit. Restart didnā€™t help. After I clicked the ā€˜+ā€™ and tried again I got an error that the integration was already there. After that the integration was listed. (Not completely sure about all the steps or even the issue itself. Maybe I overlooked the item in the integrations list in the first place. But anyway, maybe somebody gets into the same issue and is able to solve it this way.)

Iā€™m trying to upgrade to 0.101.1 and get the below error.
Looks like no image available for docker.
19-11-02 04:33:40 ERROR (SyncWorker_14) [hassio.docker.interface] Canā€™t install homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.101.1 -> 404 Client Error: Not Found (ā€œno such image: homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.101.1: No such image: homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.101.1ā€).
19-11-02 04:33:40 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Update Home Assistant image fails

I have hassio installed on a Ubuntu server with docker.