0.102: Official Android App, Almond, Scene editor

That’s a weird one, no other updates to MontionEye or other plugins that have happened recently?

I just checked the CPU usage on my home unit and it’s sitting at about 10-12%, with Shinobi CCTV and all my other gear running. The one at my business (exact same i5 2400 and other hardware) has no cameras running, sitting at 2-3% usage. Both on 0.102.2.

That’s a strange one. Something to do with the NUC image itself?

It’s only a Pentium NUC, running 2x 4K cameras with MotionEye doing the motion detection and recording

Nope

I’m not sure. Today when I look at it now it’s sitting on it’s usual ~60% CPU usage.

Yes i am. 17.4

Since updating to this version my automated nightly snapshots have been generating this error:

Timeout on /snapshots/new/full request

Folowed by the unhelpful:

Error on Hass.io API:

Though on inspection of the snapshot contents they do appear to be completing successfully they are taking longer than they were on the previous version and using considerably more resources.

- id: daily_backup
  alias: Daily Backup at 1 AM
  initial_state: true
  trigger:
    platform: time
    at: '01:15:00'
  action:
  - service: hassio.snapshot_full
    data_template:
      name: Automated Backup {{ now().strftime('%Y-%m-%d') }}
  - service: notify.telegram_system
    data_template:
      title: '*Information*'
      message: "Creating backup named Automated Backup {{ now().strftime('%Y-%m-%d') }}"

Same here, after looking at the source code, I believe it’s a bug in HACS that is causing this, but by the looks of it it should be fixed with the next release of HACS. :slight_smile:

1 Like

With the latest update, my scenes don’t work anymore. I tried the migration option and they didn’t work. I only have a handful of them so I removed them and made them all new through the editor and they still don’t work.

They are simple scenes that just call a script. I do this so I don’t have to expose scripts for my Amazon Alexa. When I added the scene via the editor it gave them a state of ‘off’. I tried to change the state to ‘on’ and also tried ‘true’ which is what my old ons had and they still don’t work. When I manually activate the scene in my front end it doesn’t give any errors in the logs or any changes int he log book.

What is the correct why to call a script from a scene in this new scene system?

- id: '1574958360074'
  name: Goodbye
  entities:
    script.goodbye:
      state: 'true'

There is no correct way. You can’t. You need to use scripts.

So scenes no longer support calling scripts, even though they used to before this update?

Yes, you can’t do this anymore. An explanation for this can be found in this Github issue:

Correct. Just migrate your scenes to scripts. A bit of editing and you’re done.

Scripts can also be exposed to Google Assistant and I presume Amazon Alexa. I expose the domain and then only expose the scripts I want by using the expose flag. It takes a little work to set it up of course but once done it’s done.

Yep Scripts can be activated by Amazon Alexa, but in Alexa they show as as Scenes! :smiley:

Same as Google… your point? I mean it doesn’t matter at all…

This just caught my eye. The “expose flag” you speak of, are you talking about the entity toggle switch in the Google Assistant cloud configuration? Or is there something else I’ve missed.

It’s driving me crazy that new entities get exposed to Google Assistant by default. I think this is an extremely poor design choice. I add new stuff to HA all the time and 99% of it shouldn’t be exposed to GA so I always have to go back and toggle new stuff off.

I’ve been meaning to switch my Google Assistant back to a manual configuration to prevent it, but just haven’t gotten around to it yet. I keep hoping there’s going to be a way to continue using the UI setup without new entities always getting exposed automatically.

1 Like

I have no idea about the config for cloud. I have always used the manual config…

# Google Assistant
project_id: !secret ga_project
api_key: !secret api-ga
exposed_domains:
  - light
  - input_boolean
  - script
entity_config:
  script.deskwarm:
    room: office
  script.casthomeassistant:
    expose: false

just an excerpt

1 Like

Ah ha. I did have a manual config before Nabu Casa but I didn’t recall / remember seeing the expose parameter. For some reason I’ve been looking at the Nabu Casa google assistant docs instead of the actual HA docs to redo my manual configuration. I now see they seem to be rather incomplete so that explains that. Thanks for clearing it up.

I was under the impression the cloud config had similar options? Or maybe they just use a GUI setup now or is that an option?

I think it uses all the same options? I don’t see why it wouldn’t but maybe not and that’s why it isn’t included in the Nabu Casa docs? Only one way to find out I guess - I’ll have to play around with it when I get a chance this weekend.

I still haven’t seen a reasonable explanation why it was decided to automatically add entities to be exposed to Google Assistant (and Alexa). I really strongly believe the user should have to manually add the entities they want exposed. If it wasn’t for that one silly thing, the new UI works great - really nice to be able to do things on the fly!

I find it’s completely unpredictable how it works TBH. I started an issue about this ages back.

When I converted all my scripts to scenes, I didn’t expose scripts by default and then even if I specified scripts to expose they weren’t exposed. Then when I added scripts to defaults, it exposed ALL scripts… So then I had to go through and do the expose: false…

Yeah I’m confused…

Although… I might just have a play and set expose: true for the ones I want and delete the ones I don’t want and remove scripts from exposed_domains and sync again… see what happens… I’m sure I previously did that…

Interesting…

Just edited my yaml file for google…

# Google Assistant
project_id: !secret ga_project
api_key: !secret api-ga
exposed_domains:
  - input_boolean
entity_config:
  light.lounge:
    room: lounge room
    expose: true
  light.dining:
    room: dining room
  light.office:
  light.desk:
  switch.sonoff12914:
    room: kitchen
  switch.sonoff23110:
    room: bathroom
  switch.sonoff51083:
    room: house
  switch.sonoff63719:
  input_boolean.homeandawayauto:
  input_boolean.alarmgaragedoor:
  input_boolean.overtime:
  input_boolean.holiday:
  sensor.nodemcu_lounge_bme280_temperature:
    name: Lounge Temperature
  sensor.sonoff1_2914_si7021_temperature:
    room: meals area
    name: Meals Area Temperature
  sensor.bom_gosford_air_temp_c:
    name: Outside Temperature
  script.bedtime:
    room: bedroom
  script.diningdaylight:
  script.diningnormal:
  script.diningwarm:
  script.lounge100:
  script.loungedaylight:
  script.loungemovie:
  script.loungenormal:
  script.loungewarm:
  script.officeall:
  script.officedaylight:
  script.officemain:
  script.officewarm:
  script.deskdaylight:
  script.desknormal:
  script.deskwarm:

Now it does what I expect. So I am only exposing input_boolean by default now. I then just added expose: true to entities in other domains (scripts, lights and switches). Don’t have any expose: false anymore and I am only seeing entities I want to see in Google Assistant.

That means I DO now have to specifically add any entities I want exposed (except input_boolean) and add expose: true.

In actual fact, I probably should have nothing exposed by default so I then have to add every entity I want (with a room)… Hmm…
EDIT: Yeah I’m doing that now so unless I have expose: true nothing is exposed…

Also should add, it’s been 30 days since I did a sync so of course I had to re-enable simulation…