0.103: Happy Holidays, Service calls, StarLine, GeoNet NZ and Proxmox

Well it make sense but it doesn’t work anyway… will open a bug (saw that someone already opened a bug)

Try restarting Home Assistant it should pull the required modules on startup.

You don’t install anything in HassOS.

I think you have this enabled

Tried a few times, same issue.

Did you fill a bug eventually ?

I had exactly the same while upgrading to 103 and rolling back to 102 fixed it.

I had a chat with @frenck on the WLED discord, and it is behaving as it intended. Setting the color wheel to white should give you RGB white and adding white with the white level slider adds white to all colors - including RGB white.
@frenck and Aircookie had a brainstorm and they came up with a fix for calculating true white that hopefully will come in 0.104.

1 Like

Thanks @GaryK. I’m think I will just wait for 0.103.1 rather than try to execute commands in HASSIO.

@jkidd, pymssql is deprecated.
Take a look at the docs , they’re updated for pyodbc.
No clue if this works.

What LEDS are you using? I have SK6812 which are RGB+W in one led and with WLED (app/ui), adjusting the white level slider, it controls the seperate white led (+W) only. That is how it now works in HA too as it’s suppose to be. The way you explain seems like you have ws2812 leds which are RGB. In the image you can see the way how it perfectly works with RGBW (sk6812) leds. I hope @frenck will leave it this way.

All my leds is SK6812 with the RGB+WW.
I don’t think you understand what i mean.
As of 103 you can’t turn off the RGB lights and leave only the white channel on. This is a problem when you want to use the white channel as a normal light not mixing it up with other colors. While it is nice to add white color to other colors - sometimes you don’t want a so festive true white light.
In 102 when you selected white from the wheel, it was calculated to be a white light and did not involve the RGB segment of the RGBW leds - now it shows up as an RGB color 255,255,255.

Change that is proposed in 104 is just the calculating bit when you have WHITE center selected from the wheel, it goes to a true white from white led/channel and not giving the terrible “white” rgb light.
Hopefully @frenck can chime in on the details.

1 Like

Ahhh now that makes sense. I guess we are both right, i only never had to turn off the rgb part because i have RGBW which has an ugly white color temp and i use the color temp slider to blend in a little warmth with the RGB leds. Maybe i should buy some RGBWW sk6812 leds to see if that matches my taste. Thank you for clearing things up.

O btw… are you able to turn off the rgb part in the WLED app? nevemind, got it…

1 Like

Updated config per the docs change, still no joy. Config:

recorder:
  db_url: mssql+pyodbc://username:[email protected]/hass
  purge_keep_days: 45
  purge_interval: 0

New error now:

Error during connection setup: (pyodbc.InterfaceError) (‘IM002’, ‘[IM002] [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no default driver specified (0) (SQLDriverConnect)’)
(Background on this error at: http://sqlalche.me/e/rvf5) (retrying in 3 seconds)

That link doesn’t provide any helpful info at a user level.

1 Like

I may not understand the changelog but my automations keep failing since the update.
All automations trigger through MQTT as in so:

payload: '1'
platform: mqtt
topic: buero/state/dark

On triggering it throws

Error calling Service automation/trigger. must contain at least one of entity_id, area_id

Now, if I try to add an entity_id (which does not make sense) it says

Message malformed: extra keys not allowed @ data['trigger'][0]['entity_id']

Can you paste the full automation?

Hey! Of course

- id: '1572571899096'
  alias: Büro Dunkel
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - payload: '1'
    platform: mqtt
  condition: []
  action:
  - alias: ''
    data:
      brightness_pct: 40
      color_temp: 500
      entity_id: light.buro_decke_mitte
      transition: 2
    entity_id: light.buro_decke_mitte
    service: light.turn_on
  - data:
      entity_id: climate.buro
      hvac_mode: heat
      temperature: 25
    service: climate.set_temperature
  - delay: 00:45
  - data:
      hvac_mode: heat
      temperature: 23
    service: climate.set_temperature
  - data:
      payload: 0
      qos: 2
      retain: true
    service: mqtt.publish

I don’t see how this would ever work. Maybe someone can correct me, but this doesn’t look like a valid automation.

Edit: Oh, it looks like maybe the forum messed up your indentations? Do you see any log message when the automation should have fired?

Hey, must be the indentation. I’ve used this automation for months :slight_smile:
Yes, here’s the log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 272, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 817, in validate_callable
    return schema(data)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/config_validation.py", line 94, in validate
    raise vol.Invalid("must contain at least one of {}.".format(", ".join(keys)))
voluptuous.error.Invalid: must contain at least one of entity_id, area_id.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 133, in handle_call_service
    connection.context(msg),
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1213, in async_call
    processed_data = handler.schema(service_data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 208, in __call__
    return self._exec((Schema(val) for val in self.validators), v)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 287, in _exec
    raise e if self.msg is None else AllInvalid(self.msg, path=path)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 283, in _exec
    v = func(v)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 276, in __call__
    raise er.MultipleInvalid([e])
voluptuous.error.MultipleInvalid: must contain at least one of entity_id, area_id

There’s nothing wrong with the indentation.

There’s nothing wrong with the trigger definition, other than it being in arse-about non human readable form. I’m guessing you used the automation editor to create it.

Raise an issue.

@jkidd, there’s work in progress.