0.105: Safe mode, Headers & Footers, New Zones Editor, Garmin, Sighthound

A lapidary is an artist or artisan who forms stone, minerals, or gemstones into decorative items such as cabochons, engraved gems, and faceted designs. A lapidarist uses the lapidary techniques of cutting, grinding, and polishing. Hardstone carving requires specialized carving techniques. Wikipedia

1 Like

Just use anchors on entities cards if you don’t want to type state_color over and over again

anchors:
  entities_color: &entitites_color
    type: entities
    state_color: true

- <<: *entities_color
    entitites:
1 Like

I don’t know how to do that.

Just place that at the very to of the Lovelace.yaml

Then you just reference it in your views.

Go here https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues

This will probably be a confusing explanation, but here goes… If you are familiar with a conditional card, the entity-filter card works very much the same way. It’s really more of a ‘helper’ card that displays another card inside of it.

Here’s an example code block with comments.

# This is the required portion where the filtering takes place
type: entity-filter
entities:
  - person.arsaboo
  - person.melody
state_filter:
  - not_home
# Now this is the card that it displays the filtered results in
# Everything below is optional, without, it'd default to next two lines
card:
  type: entities # could also be "glance" or "map"
  title: Family Members Outside Of Home
  show_header_toggle: false
  state_color: true

So basically the top lines do the filtering, and then it gets displayed in another card. Everything under card: is the actual Entities card being displayed, so that is actually the top-level setting even though it doesn’t appear to be at first glance.

The confusing part here (and I believe the part you got tripped up on), is that card: and everything underneath it is completely optional for entity-filter card. Most examples you see don’t include all the lines I did. If you don’t specify things, it will use this as the default:

card:
  type: entities

So it’ll work just fine, but without that in place, it then becomes unclear where to add the extra card options like title, show_header_toggle, and state_color. The above code should clear it up I think…

Hopefully my explanation made made sense, I had a very long/busy day and am super tired :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s done. #31720

1 Like

I believe the last line should be state_color: true (for the sake of those who just copy/paste and get an error)

1 Like

I would always do the Supervisor first as that the Heart of the system

i have noticed that webhooks do not work anymore , in the release notes this was under netatmo. Are the web hooks globally removed ?? mine are not working , and if so why it is listed under netatmo?

I’m using webhook triggers without issue.

interesting , very weird , this started happening after i upgraded. thank for letting me know that yours work , have you updated to 105.3 ?

No, on 105.2

Netatmo webhooks were removed temporarily.

Excellent explanation! Thank you!

Now it makes sense to me and yes, you identified the part that tripped me up.

1 Like

I’ve put a my HA logs in the github issue. Hopefully that helps.

I am still at 0.104.3 but since a few days I have the following error.

2020-02-11 22:56:28 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.system_health] Error fetching info
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/system_health/__init__.py", line 44, in _info_wrapper
    return await info_callback(hass)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/lovelace/__init__.py", line 235, in system_health_info
    return await hass.data[DOMAIN].async_get_info()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/lovelace/__init__.py", line 140, in async_get_info
    return _config_info("yaml", config)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/lovelace/__init__.py", line 242, in _config_info
    "resources": len(config.get("resources", [])),
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

Do you have an idea what this can be?

Start a new topic please, nothing to do with this thread.

1 Like

Sorry, thought there might be a connection with the Hass.io update introduced with this version.

Hi freekeys

I’m also having issues with the MiFlora integration, worked great at 104, but suddenly stops working at 105.

:frowning: