0.105: Safe mode, Headers & Footers, New Zones Editor, Garmin, Sighthound

thank you
issue is open Sonos Services for non admin users · Issue #31497 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

1 Like

Getting this on external auth attempt after wiping Spotify and reconfiguring as instructed… anyone else?

Missing required parameter: client_id

I mostly use the states UI to check out entities I don’t normally interact with so not on my lovelace pages; is there an easy way to make a new lovelace view that just adds everything without manually adding each device? pretty much replicate the states UI page. It’s a bit tedious to quickly check out a bunch of entities from the configuration pages

1 Like

Thanks for another great release, hope it will get better with each new one.
I thought it’s only me but for a few recent releases in All changes everything is duplicated, i.e

• change 1
  • change 2
  • change 1
  • change 2

It’s not a big deal but I believe that just one copy of changes is enough :wink:

Update: Error: Unknown Error, see logs.

20-02-05 22:09:56 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Update Home Assistant to version 0.105.0
20-02-05 22:09:56 INFO (SyncWorker_7) [hassio.docker.interface] Update image homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.104.3 to homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.105.0
20-02-05 22:09:56 INFO (SyncWorker_7) [hassio.docker.interface] Pull image homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant tag 0.105.0.
20-02-05 22:10:21 ERROR (SyncWorker_7) [hassio.docker.interface] Can't install homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.105.0 -> 404 Client Error: Not Found ("no such image: homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.105.0: No such image: homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.105.0").
20-02-05 22:10:21 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Update Home Assistant image fails

It appears that the opnsense docs didn’t make it.

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant.io/pull/10427

That PR is still stuck in the next branch meaning its giving a broken link in the release notes. Not sure how to fix it or I would submit the change myself.

ERROR:homeassistant.util.package:Unable to install package homeassistant-pyozw==0.1.8: Failed building wheel for homeassistant-pyozw
Command "/srv/homeassistant/bin/python3 -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-install-6ox9kn7b/homeassistant-pyozw/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-record-b84y57ip/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /srv/homeassistant/include/site/python3.7/homeassistant-pyozw" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-install-6ox9kn7b/homeassistant-pyozw/

Any idea why I am getting this error

Thanks! My bad, I’ve just picked it from the next branch and pushed it live. Takes a bit before it becomes visible.

The new Supervisor dashboard is pretty, but it does not easily convey when an Add-on is active or not. Are the icons supposed to be grey if inactive? I don’t actually know if the WireGuard icon should be grey or not (it is inactive).

Certainly for the colour blind - this is an impossible way of identifying inactive add-ons. There needs to be a more obvious indicator.

[edit]
I presume the line along the top indicates an update? Again, conveying this by colour alone is poor UI for the visually impaired.

[edit2]
Perhaps splitting the page into blocks would help

• Active
  • Inactive

and then a big star or something to indicate update required?

9 Likes

From the UI, what is the best way of creating a group of lights controlled by switches? I have a number of Tasmota Tuya switches controlling lights.

I have a ‘group’ which groups the switches together - I just wonder if there is a better way.

I hate to ask a stupid question but let’s suppose I’m using the hide_entity to hide all my automations from the auto-generated lovelace gui. After I remove hide_entiy I have so many extra things in the way I don’t want to see.

What is the correct way to hide entities using lovelace?

Hopefully I’m just missing something but it seems like Im supposed click through my entities, one by one, so I can edit them. Please tell me I’m wrong and there is a quicker way to do this. I really don’t have the time to spend clicking through each entity one at a time. I would like to include this directly in my configuration somehow. It’s a lot quicker for me to edit a yaml file (for things I understand) than it is to spend time clicking around in the gui make one change at a time.

I’m not trying to complain but I admit I’m still stuck in some old ways. I’m just trying to understand how to move forward.I’m still trying to avoid having my config hidden away in a folder with files I’m not supposed to manually edit. I would like (as much as possible) to keep my configuration in the established yaml files.

It can be defined at the card and entity level

That’s even better than I hoped. Thanks!

I am using it like this in the frontend;

entities:
  - entity: switch.brilliant_3
    state_color: true

Seems to work.

Automations will no longer be included in the generated UI in 106. Toggling automations can be done from the automations page in the UI.

1 Like

I see this error returning in my logging:

> Error handling message: Unknown error
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/decorators.py", line 20, in _handle_async_response
>     await func(hass, connection, msg)
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/search/__init__.py", line 49, in websocket_search_related
>     msg["id"], searcher.async_search(msg["item_type"], msg["item_id"])
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/search/__init__.py", line 89, in async_search
>     getattr(self, f"_resolve_{search_type}")(search_id)
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/search/__init__.py", line 163, in _resolve_entity
>     for entity in automation.automations_with_entity(self.hass, entity_id):
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/__init__.py", line 136, in automations_with_entity
>     if entity_id in automation_entity.referenced_entities:
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/__init__.py", line 321, in referenced_entities
>     for entity_id in _trigger_extract_entities(conf):
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/__init__.py", line 581, in _trigger_extract_entities
>     return [sun.ENTITY_ID]
> AttributeError: module 'homeassistant.components.automation.sun' has no attribute 'ENTITY_ID'

Any idea what might be wrong?

That’s… weird. Can you open an issue and tag me. It should not behave like this, we import the sun at the top of the file from components module.

That’s great to know! I’m excited for this :smiley:

+1 It’s a shame states is going to be removed, I’d rather it just gets depreciated. It’s not like HA doesn’t already use quite a bit of space with it’s 1000+ included components! :smiley:

I suggest the tileboard UI, it’s a bit fiddly to set up but works far better than both ‘states’ or ‘lovelace’ UI for me on older devices. :slight_smile:

Thank you @balloob, issue has been created:

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/31511