0.111: Frontend loaded sooner, Elexa Guardian, Unify Circuit, Acmeda

Thanks, that option was grayed out for me at first. I think Update Information made it work again. I just noticed my custom_components folder was emptied out except for HACS. That’s a decent bug!

I just wanted to say… I’ve been running version 0.111 for a few hours now and, so far, it’s the smoothest my little rpi 2 (with only 8GB of storage) has run since I first started with Home Assistant a year ago.

Well done team!

1 Like

getting some new errors and in plentitude. I realize this has to do with custom-ui, so no core issue, though the issue seems to be the entity is not available, where this was no issue whatsoever before.

please check if anything can be done with this:

Log Details (ERROR)
Logger: frontend.js.latest.202006032
Source: components/system_log/__init__.py:209 
First occurred: June 10, 2020, 11:52:29 PM (642 occurrences) 
Last logged: June 10, 2020, 11:52:39 PM

https://hdomain.duckdns.org:8125/local/lovelace/resources/custom-ui/custom-ui.js?v=20200528-1:31:37215 TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'entities['sensor.me_picture'].state')
https://hdomain.duckdns.org:8125/local/lovelace/resources/custom-ui/custom-ui.js?v=20200528-1:31:37215 TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'entities['sensor.wife_picture'].state')
https://hdomain.duckdns.org:8125/local/lovelace/resources/custom-ui/custom-ui.js?v=20200528-1:31:37215 TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'entities['sensor.daughter1_picture'].state')
https://hdomain.duckdns.org:8125/local/lovelace/resources/custom-ui/custom-ui.js?v=20200528-1:31:37215 TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'entities['sensor.daughter2_picture'].state')
https://hdomain.duckdns.org:8125/local/lovelace/resources/custom-ui/custom-ui.js?v=20200528-1:31:37215 TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'entities['sensor.ha_available_version'].state')

apparently 2 of my 4 daughters are fine :wink:
seems to me that during startup these entities might to yet be initialized and some other internal HA process tries to manipulate these (the custom-ui)

also, I get to see this for the first time:

Log Details (WARNING)
Logger: homeassistant.core
Source: core.py:280 
First occurred: June 10, 2020, 11:55:25 PM (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: June 10, 2020, 11:55:25 PM

Something is blocking Home Assistant from wrapping up the start up phase. We're going to continue anyway. Please report the following info at http://bit.ly/2ogP58T

and when tryin to go to that address it is a closed topic… now where to post?
it is quite an extensive list I am afraid…

life360, sensor.filesize, input_select, notify.mobile_app, sensor.asuswrt, cast, tradfri, hue, script, feedreader, binary_sensor.cloud, rest_command, device_tracker.mobile_app, hassio, speedtestdotnet, input_datetime, camera.browser_mod, sensor.tradfri, onboarding, binary_sensor.threshold, sensor.mobile_app, sensor.waqi, sensor.statistics, recorder, media_player.sonos, owntracks, sensor.gdacs, webhook, sensor.buienradar, sensor.afvalwijzer, timer, logger, binary_sensor.synology_dsm, weather.darksky, auth, sensor.time_date, geo_location.usgs_earthquakes_feed, plugwise, alert, media_player.plex, switch.wake_on_lan, binary_sensor.ping, airvisual, gdacs, frontend, input_text, sensor.nmbs, sensor.template, tts, light.group, logbook, group, media_player.spotify, websocket_api, zone, alarm_control_panel, automation, sensor.command_line, device_tracker, search, media_player.panasonic_viera, air_quality.airvisual, binary_sensor.sun2, sensor.github, sensor.eventsensor, sensor.browser_mod, history, notify.file, ios, binary_sensor.stookalert, binary_sensor.meteoalarm, system_health, media_player, notify.pushbullet, sensor.speedtestdotnet, notify.group, input_boolean, media_player.browser_mod, homeassistant, media_player.mpd, samsungtv, composite, sensor.moon, camera, binary_sensor.mobile_app, plex, sensor.rest, geo_location, ssdp, proximity, switch.plugwise, weather, stt, scene.homeassistant, sensor.darksky, sensor.hue, notify, panasonic_viera, cover, system_log, binary_sensor.template, light.browser_mod, lovelace, geo_location.gdacs, binary_sensor.workday, synology_dsm, sensor.systemmonitor, light, config, ipp, sensor.synology_dsm, variable, climate.plugwise, sensor.file, light.hue, http, air_quality, mqtt, person, device_tracker.owntracks, discovery, weather.openweathermap, climate, spotify, sensor, binary_sensor.hue, sensor.sun2, notify.ios, asuswrt, camera.buienradar, binary_sensor.browser_mod, shell_command, sensor.mold_indicator, cover.tradfri, switch.tradfri, binary_sensor.updater, sensor.nederlandse_spoorwegen, eventsensor, scene, alarm_control_panel.manual, switch.command_line, media_player.samsungtv, sensor.uptime, camera.generic, weather.buienradar, switch, light.tradfri, updater, favicon, device_automation, python_script, switch.template, map, persistent_notification, binary_sensor.plugwise, input_number, sensor.openweathermap, binary_sensor.trend, wake_on_lan, browser_mod, mobile_app, zeroconf, api, counter, sensor.plex, alexa, panel_iframe, sensor.waze_travel_time, sensor.min_max, sonos, sensor.plugwise, sun, sensor.here_travel_time, sensor.airvisual, sensor.season, sensor.mqtt, cloud, media_player.cast, binary_sensor, sensor.ios

The first thing is a bug in your custom UI. It is trying to access entities that are not there, it should implement a guard.

ok, thanks, is there anything in HA that could prevent it from showing over 600 times in the log, this was never there, and has always worked perfectly. As it does now after the startup, only during startup sequence the entities might not yet be available?

since you’re here…

is there anything you could add to the template helper to aid in finding the culprit of this error:

Log Details (ERROR)
Logger: homeassistant.helpers.condition
Source: helpers/condition.py:409 
First occurred: 12:07:17 AM (2 occurrences) 
Last logged: 12:07:17 AM

Error during template condition: UndefinedError: 'None' has no attribute 'entity_id'

I know I have to check all my automations and scripts with a condition using entity_id, but since this is reported, couldn’t it add the source of the error?

1 Like

MyQ Integration is broken again after being fixed in 0.110.5.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/myq/config_flow.py", line 50, in async_step_user
    info = await validate_input(self.hass, user_input)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/myq/config_flow.py", line 30, in validate_input
    await pymyq.login(data[CONF_USERNAME], data[CONF_PASSWORD], websession)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/api.py", line 172, in login
    await api.authenticate(username, password)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/api.py", line 121, in authenticate
    self._security_token = auth_resp["SecurityToken"]
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Yes I have the same problem. Possibly Compact Header needing an update?

Only 325 times for me, but now 4,700 lines in my log to represent a good start-up!
This is nuts. I am not a fan of this instant start-up. Lovelace needs a flag we can set to hold displaying that bloody UI until it started.

But regarding the log, I have no idea where to start wrapping every template attribute in an if, especially when the template is checking attributes of a {% for item … %}

Is there a logger component I can configure to fatal to shut this down?

Big :beers: to @cgarwood and @martinhjelmare for the hard work that obviously went into this.

Credit to @marcelveldt as well, Marcel and Martin have been the driving force lately :smiley:

3 Likes

Any Lovelace card needs to be able to handle an entity not being there. This needs to be fixed in your custom card.

I’m having the same issue here.

Nice fast load. Good that the frontend can start even before the components load.

I have several miio gateways and devices. Any way to indicate on the discovery which device has been autodiscovered?

Mine too. It seemed to work before the upgrade though.

It’s an issue with MyQ, not the 0.111.0 update. Bug report and fix is here.

I have these errors and I do not know why, I tried to put the xiaomi gw for integration but it does not work.

/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zeroconf/__init__.py:1541: FutureWarning: <netdisco.discoverables.xiaomi_gw.Discoverable object at 0x7eff42b57650> has no update_service method. Provide one (it can be empty if you don't care about the updates), it'll become mandatory.

FutureWarning,

/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zeroconf/__init__.py:1541: FutureWarning: <netdisco.discoverables.yeelight.Discoverable object at 0x7eff3ed2e1d0> has no update_service method. Provide one (it can be empty if you don't care about the updates), it'll become mandatory.

FutureWarning,

2020-06-11 09:21:17 ERROR (stream_worker) [homeassistant.components.stream.worker] Error demuxing stream: No dts in packet

/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zeroconf/__init__.py:1541: FutureWarning: <netdisco.discoverables.xiaomi_gw.Discoverable object at 0x7eff3ed82cd0> has no update_service method. Provide one (it can be empty if you don't care about the updates), it'll become mandatory.

FutureWarning,

/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zeroconf/__init__.py:1541: FutureWarning: <netdisco.discoverables.yeelight.Discoverable object at 0x7eff3ed82510> has no update_service method. Provide one (it can be empty if you don't care about the updates), it'll become mandatory.

FutureWarning,

/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zeroconf/__init__.py:1541: FutureWarning: <netdisco.discoverables.xiaomi_gw.Discoverable object at 0x7eff3de74750> has no update_service method. Provide one (it can be empty if you don't care about the updates), it'll become mandatory.

FutureWarning,

/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zeroconf/__init__.py:1541: FutureWarning: <netdisco.discoverables.yeelight.Discoverable object at 0x7eff3ed82f50> has no update_service method. Provide one (it can be empty if you don't care about the updates), it'll become mandatory.

FutureWarning,

2020-06-11 09:31:29 ERROR (stream_worker) [homeassistant.components.stream.worker] Error demuxing stream: No dts in packet

/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zeroconf/__init__.py:1541: FutureWarning: <netdisco.discoverables.yeelight.Discoverable object at 0x7eff4365c410> has no update_service method. Provide one (it can be empty if you don't care about the updates), it'll become mandatory.

FutureWarning,

/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zeroconf/__init__.py:1541: FutureWarning: <netdisco.discoverables.xiaomi_gw.Discoverable object at 0x7eff3ecb4550> has no update_service method. Provide one (it can be empty if you don't care about the updates), it'll become mandatory.```

Yes this happened to me too. I have a Xiaomi gateway configured as xiaomi_aqara and it’s being detected as a Miio. If I try to put in the Aqara API key, it gives me “User input malformed”.

anyone else seeing this error on Owntracks:

2020-06-11 10:35:27 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.logging] Exception in async_handle_message when dispatching 'owntracks': (<homeassistant.core.HomeAssistant object at 0xb49ebc50>, <homeassistant.components.owntracks.OwnTracksContext object at 0xab242af0>, {'cog': redacted ..... 'topic': 'redacted'})
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/owntracks/messages.py", line 391, in async_handle_message
    await handler(hass, context, message)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/owntracks/messages.py", line 196, in async_handle_location_message
    context.async_see(**kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/owntracks/device_tracker.py", line 34, in _receive_data
    entity.update_data(data)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/owntracks/device_tracker.py", line 157, in update_data
    self.async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 290, in async_write_ha_state
    raise RuntimeError(f"Attribute hass is None for {self}")
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 588, in __repr__
    return f"<Entity {self.name}: {self.state}>"
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/config_entry.py", line 105, in state
    self.hass, self.latitude, self.longitude, self.location_accuracy
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zone/__init__.py", line 102, in async_active_zone
    for entity_id in sorted(hass.states.async_entity_ids(DOMAIN))
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'states'

might be a startup thing, since all entities are there. Would be nice if the integration could handle it with a ‘guard’

So now Synology has quite radically changed, I suddenly find myself confronted with an Unsafe security status… the docs have nothing on this, and what it could imply, or how we can solve that.
Would anyone of the Synology users have a suggestion please?

All the other binaries are Safe and no anomalies in temp or other sensors showing something to worry about.

I have a Temperature entity from my local weather service as a sensor with a temperature device_class. I have it exposed to Google Assistant but now out-of-the-blue Google can’t report the value. Is there something I need to do?

Great release! My qubino Heat and Cool themostat is recognised again as climate controller using the new OpenZWave implementation! Great, hopefully next is support for shutters / covers!