0.112: Making things faster; Logbook & History

If there is nothing in your database you need to keep, simply delete your database entry restart.

Delete whats in the v2.db folder or delete whole folder?

nevermind its just a file not folder, Thanks!

This worked THANK YOU very much its been broken since I updated to the Pi4, Awesome!!!

Anyone else getting occasional lag since updating to .112?

I have HA OS installing in proxmox on a NUC. It’s been rock solid and instant with all my lighting automations until 112. I now have occasional 5 second lag with all my lights (Hue, Luton and zigbee). If I use the Hue and Lutron apps I get instant on/off consistently. If I use the HA app I get the delayed response at least once in every ten tries. I have restarted HA, rebooted the VM and restarted my entire proxmox instance but the issue remains. I have also noticed that the logs take a little longer to load than it did pre-112.

No errors in the logs. Thoughts anyone?

i use mariadb docker container and i didnt have to do anything

1 Like

Same for me. No issues updating

1 Like

Has anyone else have MQTT stability issues with 112 Update? I never had any problems with the internal broker. With this update, my all of my MQTT switches and one contact sensor show unavailable.

Release notes state “Entities that originate from MQTT will now become ‘unavailable’ when integration is not connected…” I commented out mqtt from config file and connected via Integration with unique user ID. It works, but does not stay connected. Several hours later, entities are no longer functioning and I find myself having to reconfigure in order to reestablish a connection.

@aidbish @DavidFW1960

Thanks for the info. It made me feel better about updating.

I waited until right before bed since from others experiences I expected a potentially long re-configuration of the db. TBH, I’m not sure what all the drama seemed to be about. Everything came back up in just a couple of minutes longer than it usually takes.

No issues so far. :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah… I didn’t even notice the migration. No fuss at all for me either. I guess sometimes you just get unlucky. (or impatient)

I would think the problems are often from impatience. Aborting a database schema upgrade is never a happy event. You may get a partially upgraded database, which neither 0.111 not 0.112 are going to be happy with.

Luckily most home assistant data is ephemeral and people don’t mind deleting it. Try suggesting just deleting and starting again to a mythtv user who’s whole recording and watch history are in the dB…

Checkout the breaking changes for MQTT.

The embedded MQTT broker, which has been marked as deprecated for the past year, has now been removed.

You need to use your own broker now.

Looks like this has been fixed. However the purifier turns on when Home Assistant reboots. Looks like the integration starts with the device ON by default, instead of just conserving the previous state.

I agree, what the f**k. Where is the MQTT messages hidden now? I have wasted half an hour already, just can’t find it.

I use a free app called heidisql. Its great for connecting to a mysql server and working on the databases it serves. Essentially in heidi you click on your HA db to open it up and show the tables… click on the schema_changes table. Now you can see the columns in that table… the change_id column has a default value of none, simply click on that and set it to auto_increment. Obviously these instructions are not a howto but hope they help you work it out.

Configuration > Integrations

1 Like

Sorry for this, but I simply have to cheer some extra cheers about this release, especially with the topic never having been as to the point as it is now: Making things faster; Logbook & history.

Up to this release I have never been able to use the history or logbook tab, without halting the entire HA instance. Admitted, I do have quite a few entities, and log a not too small subset of those in Recorder, Logbook and History.

Add to that that I use a mere RPi for my production system, which adds to the problem of course. I had learnt to live without the 2 sidebar items.

However. As of this release, I can click Logbook which loads, and does so within a second!! History is displaying in all its glory within 5…

So yes Bdraco and Bramkragten. Thank you very much indeed. Amazing experience.
Sorry. Just had to let go.

8 Likes

I have a number of custom panels. How am I to tell which two these are?

Logger: homeassistant.components.panel_custom
Source: components/panel_custom/__init__.py:118
Integration: Custom Panel (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 5:50:27 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:50:27 PM

HTML custom panels have been deprecated

Logger: homeassistant.components.panel_custom
Source: components/panel_custom/__init__.py:204
Integration: Custom Panel (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 5:50:26 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:50:26 PM

HTML custom panels have been deprecated

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Mine might be an edge case, but when I upgraded from 0.111 to 0.112 the system came back up after the restart with the new version, but I had multiple error notifications regarding the following not working;:

• default_config
  • recorder
  • logbook

To resolve it, I removed the .db file and restarted which forced HA to recreate it from scratch.

Obviously I lost my historical data, but that’s no big deal for me.

I was running HASSOS 4.10 at the time (have since upgraded to 4.11).

1 Like