0.112: Making things faster; Logbook & History

Hi @giu1io!

It just worked whhen I tried a second time (a day later).

KR

Albert

1 Like

Any idea what these errors are after I updated to V112?

2020-07-08 09:49:33 ERROR (MainThread) [snitun.client.client_peer] Challenge/Response error with SniTun server
2020-07-08 09:49:33 ERROR (MainThread) [hass_nabucasa.remote] Connection problem to snitun server

Look at their definitions The only ones affected are those containing webcomponent_path

1 Like

trying to upgrade from 0.112.2 to 0.112.3 and getting this error

20-07-08 22:12:44 ERROR (SyncWorker_8) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can't install homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.112.3 -> 404 Client Error: Not Found ("no such image: homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.112.3: No such image: homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.112.3").

running Home Assistant in a VM

Most likely you are out of disk space.

In a VM you can increase your virtual disk size.

1 Like

thank you, that fixed it. the default VM of 6 gigs is way to small, would be nice if it gave an error of out of disk space

1 Like

Yeah 404 is a silly error for this as it usually relates to http connections.

yeah i was checking DNS setting and ip settings and all that was working right, was driving me nuts since last night on why it would up date, never thought to check the VM disk size, i just moved it to the VM to get it off my NAS

:love_you_gesture: Love the new History date/time picker! Would be great if History would also have an entity selection like Logbook has.

1 Like

All was working fine with 0.112.3
Saw the update for 0.112.4, applied and homeassistant never came back

I see that the docker container is not running
I tried to start it manually and this is what the logs show
It just exits

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] udev.sh: executing...
[09:18:28] INFO: Update udev information
[cont-init.d] udev.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
2020-07-09 09:18:37 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for breaking_changes which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-07-09 09:18:38 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-07-09 09:18:38 ERROR (MainThread) [root] Uncaught exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", mod_spec)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/__main__.py", line 364, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/__main__.py", line 356, in main
    exit_code = asyncio.run(setup_and_run_hass(config_dir, args), debug=args.debug)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/runners.py", line 43, in run
    return loop.run_until_complete(main)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/base_events.py", line 587, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/__main__.py", line 255, in setup_and_run_hass
    safe_mode=args.safe_mode,
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/bootstrap.py", line 103, in async_setup_hass
    config_dict = await conf_util.async_hass_config_yaml(hass)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config.py", line 307, in async_hass_config_yaml
    await merge_packages_config(hass, config, core_config.get(CONF_PACKAGES, {}))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config.py", line 648, in merge_packages_config
    hass, domain
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/requirements.py", line 78, in async_get_integration_with_requirements
    hass, integration.domain, integration.requirements
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/requirements.py", line 124, in async_process_requirements
    if pkg_util.is_installed(req):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/package.py", line 54, in is_installed
    return version(req.project_name) in req
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3145, in __contains__
    return self.specifier.contains(item, prereleases=True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/_vendor/packaging/specifiers.py", line 703, in contains
    item = parse(item)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/_vendor/packaging/version.py", line 31, in parse
    return Version(version)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/_vendor/packaging/version.py", line 200, in __init__
    match = self._regex.search(version)
TypeError: expected string or bytes-like object
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

@frenck
Link for humidity_docs missing.
Under New Integrations
Link that should be there: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/humidifier/

Disabling Speedtest auto-test is not working.

Update:

It looks like HACS was causing the issue, disabled HACS and Homeassistant started fine
Will have to dig to see what is the issue with HACS.
If someone already knows, please point out.

Thanks
BB

How to find the problem, why my Home Assistant crashes once a day, every day?
Since update to 0.112 and so on…

Check your logs for errors.

Monitor your system resources.

@frenck any chance that when a new sub release is posted on the home page that the URL could go directly to the changes? for example when 0.112.5 comes out click on it goes to the .5 section of the release notes. (even if the hyperlink is only on the .x part would be helpful)
Thanks!

1 Like

That is currently not possible.

Why not just check the release notes on GitHub, this brings you straight to latest release…

(sometimes the latest one is a beta, but 9 times out of 10 it’s what you want)

2 Likes

I will do that. thanks for the info

I am not sure if it is you that has posted this request previously, but it is not difficult to find the release notes for a .x release. Say you click on the link that takes you to the 0.112 release notes, but you are looking for 0.112.3. All you need to do is type a few characters, probably ctrl-f 12.3 will take you straight there. If it doesn’t (because the string 12.3 appears somewhere else on the page, ctrl-f 0.112.3 will assuredly take you there.

Really, just chill, talk about 1st world problems!