0.113: Automations & Scripts, and even more performance!

Thanks! It resolved the issue.

As always, the documentation can be written better.

The documentation took a bit of a shortcut. It focused on how the new features are used within a script but the examples arenā€™t complete, standalone scripts. They can be inserted into the sequence of an existing script, or an automationā€™s action, but wonā€™t pass Configuration Check if used alone as shown.

The examples shown here definitely have the syntax wrong. The sequence is shown under the repeat: https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/scripts/#repeat-a-group-of-actions

hello.

20-07-22 20:08:34 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [supervisor.docker.interface] Canā€™t install homeassistant/tinker-homeassistant:0.113.0 -> 404 Client Error: Not Found (ā€œmanifest for homeassistant/tinker-homeassistant:0.113.0 not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknownā€).

Thatā€™s OK. For example, this passes Config Check and increments the counter 5 times:

increment_by_5:
    sequence:
      repeat:
        count: 5
        sequence:
          - service: counter.increment
            entity_id: counter.test
          - delay: '00:00:02'

That is not what is shown in the examples though.

That seems correct to me and is the same as what I posted in my simple example above.

If the documentationā€™s example were to be made part of a complete script, yet another sequence: is required before its alias: statement.

Iā€™ll throw in a disclaimer that ā€œI may be wrongā€ because the full extent of my experience with the new repeat feature is that one simple example I posted. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the extra scripting and automation updates! Iā€™ll probably need a lot of weekend time to simplify and change all my scripts. :grinning:

Iā€™ll put money on it confusing a lot more people than just Molodax.

In case someone is having troubles with yeelight bulbs.

In my case I had 5 yeelights bulbs working. Before the update I had 2 of them added to the configuration.yaml and the other 3 were left to be discovered automatically.

After the 0.113 update the 2 ones of the configuration.yaml were still working, but the other 3 didnā€™t work.

I added the 3 that didnā€™t work to the configuration.yaml using the same names they had before and they worked again.

Anyone expierence problems with the media_player.play_media service? Calling this function from developer tools, now return an error in the GUI for all my media players? I used this in several automations.

calling example:

entity_id: media_player.mpd
media_content_id: 'local:track:test.mp3'
media_content_type: music

Just fixed mine by making sure all my HACS integrations were up to date.

Did you mean in the UI automation/script editors? If so, I think that might be coming later. For now you need to ā€œEdit as YAML.ā€

Finally! Cooldowns! Another great release I cannot wait to test :slight_smile:

Replying to myself. This works fantastic now!!!
Mute my sound system while harmony is doing itā€™s thing!
And I added another automation to Mute and reset the volume back to a preset volume when the harmony turns off

The new automation improvements have been really useful, already simplified and consolidated a bunch of my automations during the beta, looking forward to improving my entire setup with this stuff.

Great update all around. And congrats @ludeeus!

2 Likes

& @123:

If you look at the examples for the other action types on that doc page, they all show just the usage of the one, isolated action step, not how they fit into an entire script or automation. The examples for repeat and choose follow the same convention.

Not saying the documentation couldnā€™t be improved, just why it was written that way.

I am already fully up to date so must be some other issueā€¦I am removing the integrations one-by-one trying to locate the issueā€¦but no luck so farā€¦

Had Bond setup through config.yaml. Before updating to 0.113 I removed those lines and now when I go to setup Bond through the integrations menu nothing is happening. Anyone else experiencing the same issue? (tested in an incognito tab to be sure it wasnā€™t browser related)

zha groups for zha lights that dont report status correctly (Hue Iā€™m talking bout you), is a great addition. Did not get a lot of attention in the blog because there were so many great features. I will report that at least for me. zha groups with hue color lights dont report color correctly when updated via scenes. Manually changed via the UI reports correctly. The lights do change color though, just dont report. Other items report as expected (on/off, brightness, etc)

Great work, super excited to get rid of my hue hub once and for all. :slight_smile: