0.114: Dark mode, Open Z-Wave progress and more automation & scripts

Wemo has been down for me since after 111.x
removing it from interface setup and defining it in yaml, specifying the IP address of my wemos fixed it for me, there is a bug around a timeout during auto discovery still being worked on last I checked.

Same for me! All of dividers are gone for entire UI.
Even if I try to add one in the simplest possible way (very simple entity card) there is no go:

This Is an alexa issue. It was also present on previous versions. Also on other platforms that emulate hue (habridge). And yes it is very annoying!

Looks like the divider is missing default styles.
If styles are configured, the divider shows up.

Yes I’ve seen it before about a year ago but not for many versions now and it has always seen new devices. This time is different as it now gives the error but also fails to see a new device. I may try rolling back.

Hm… indeed, after changing the theme dividers shows again!
So I did some experimenting and found out that color now used for divider row is divider-color, that seems logical… buit this is color used also to separate main elements of UI; sidebar, top bar, etc. and main interface area. So this screewed my theme beyond my control. I do not want to have these large separators, but I have to have them if I want to use divider…

Why are you doing this to us? Please stop reusing color variables for multiple interface elements…

3 Likes

Already dated up successfully to 114.1. Blink is available again so far. Good work.
The new color picker useless for me because after logout and login, everything is standard again. The settings are not persistant. That doesn’t help me. I always log out when leaving HA on my desktop. Only the mobiles stay active. And there the themes worked very good.
But frontend.set_them is persistant now and does not effect other devices. That’s great.

I had problems trying to upgrade to 114…I had to revert back to 113. I am using the supervised docker install on my RPi3. Should I be using some other update method than just updating through home the home assistant supervisor?

If you don’t want to lose the history you can rename the db file then copy it to something else that can open sql files. I’ve got SQLite DB Browser installed under windows that works well. That are plenty more options for Linux and probably Mac.

If you have sqlite 3.29.0 or better:
sqlite3 home-assistant_v2.BROKEN.db ".recover" | sqlite3 home-assistant_v2.FIXED.db

Same after installing 0.114.1. Supervisor shows a message: You are running an unsupported installation.

Also, this is in my logs:

20-08-15 15:37:21 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.core] Using ‘Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)’ as the OS is not supported

@Tony321 that is not related to the Home Assistant Core 0.114.1 update, but to the supervisor.
It simply tells you, that the system setup you are running is custom and not supported by the Home Assistant project (it doesn’t affect anything else).

Thanks for the clarification. Not sure if I missed it but I think it should be mentioned in release docs. Right now, it seems like Supervised installation just dropped support.

The details are linked with the message. The release documentation is for Home Assistant Core, your are now talking about the Home Assistant Supervisor. Those are not the same things.

Oops…really sorry as I thought someone was asking about how to see the humidity. I was also having the same issue with Precipitation not rounding properly but as I am interested in humidity, changing to that kind of resolves the issue :smiley:

Based on this exchange, I don’t expect there will ever be straight answers to those questions.

1 Like

LOL You are good at throwing gasoline on fires. You basically directed me at figuring something out, you could not do for yourself (even-though it is documented). Just because I’m not personally interested in the inner workings of the updater and could not provide your personal command/wish. I’m sorry to hear you don’t like how I like to spend my time though.

As told in that same thread as well: The updater and the supervisor diagnostics aren’t related either.

Nevertheless, thanks for pulling stuff out of context.

1 Like

It was a simple question and you said you didn’t know the answer. Fair enough.

When asked who would know the answer you replied I should explore the code and answer it myself. Fair enough.

I tried but was unable to understand its workings, then discovered you directed me to explore code you had just modified 4 days ago. You were clearly knowledgeable enough to modify it so I asked for your help to understand it and you refused.

I wouldn’t call that a “fire”. You simply exercised your right to limit how much assistance you were willing to provide (but with fewer words).

Based on that, I surmised that it’s unlikely you, or anyone else from the core development team, will volunteer to answer the three questions posed in this thread.

• Who are the members of this team?`

Members of the Home Assistant project are listed here:

https://github.com/orgs/home-assistant/people

Please note, that a member can disable that listing, as GitHub allows that for privacy reasons. Not all these people have access. Only people that need to.

• How are they bound to the requirement of not sharing the data?

Simply put, they are not / asked to. However, it doesn’t contain personal data either.
So this all is based on trust. If you trust this GitHub org to handle it, please share, it is appreciated (I guess around 10+ bugs already solved!).

But if you have any doubt, just leave it off.

• Who owns the information and where is it stored?

As Home Assistant isn’t a formal entity, I would probably say Paulus? It is stored and handled by Sentry. All code that handles this is open source as well.

I didn’t, I said it was documented. I never said to read the code.