0.114: Dark mode, Open Z-Wave progress and more automation & scripts

Hello I tried to configure the new integration of Control4 in Home Assistant everything went well but i only received 1 device without entities.

also in logs i have this error:

## Log Details (ERROR)

Logger: homeassistant.components.light
Source: components/control4/light.py:81
Integration: Light ([documentation](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/light), [issues](https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22integration%3A+light%22))
First occurred: 2:04:03 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 2:04:03 PM

Error while setting up control4 platform for light

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 184, in _async_setup_platform await asyncio.shield(task) File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/control4/light.py", line 81, in async_setup_entry item_is_dimmer = item["capabilities"]["dimmer"] KeyError: 'dimmer'

Hmm upgraded tot 0.114 and now I get the message on startup ‘Invalid config’. However a ‘check config’ concludes that the configuration is valid… It cannot not load:

• logbook
  • history
  • default_config
    Default_config is in de configuration since I started with HA. The other two components are not specifically configured. In the breaking changes I do not see anything that would be related to my setup except for Evohome. But no action would needed there. So I am in the dark as to how I should fix this problem. Does anyone have an idea?
1 Like

Your issue looks like it’s caused by the database, start with checking that

1 Like

That is an issue. Please report it on the GitHub issue tracker: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues

Only quirk I’ve found so far is the rounding in the weather. Not sure if this is a frontend or backend thing.

Other than that small thing, everything looks good!

3 Likes

It is failing on line 81 during initial setup of devices. That appears to be a bug and probably should be reported as an Issue in the Core repository. In case I’m wrong, you may want to wait a day or two for other Control4 users to report their experiences.

Thnx for the suggestion moving the (sqlite) database did the trick. The improvement that the database would be reset when there are troubles during booting doesn’t seem to work in this case. However I am happy that I can use HA again and in general I am really really happy with HA.

Im having the same issue. I have defined Default_config but nothing about logbook or history. I dont understand the point of what do with the database

I was just guessing where the issue was, check the log file for more details

The trick is to (re)move your database that is under /config/home-assistant_v2.db. With a Home Assistant installation with supervisor you can install/use the file editor to complete this and then restart Home Assistant.

The cause seems to be loading big recorder databases that take over 300 seconds to load from the log. However in previous versions starting Home Assistant even with a database as big didn’t seem to take that long. Hopefully te issues is a onetime thing and vanishes now otherwise I will have to dig a lot deeper.

Anyone can change between this light and dark theme with automation?

Hello and thanks for another great release!

There is a new bug introduced with 0.114.

When opening a entity (lovelace ui) from the “related” tab from another entity it is not possible anymore to open the settings (wheel top right on the entity window) and see other related enteties for example.

Please report it on the GitHub issue tracker: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues

(I would do it but @balloob blocked my github user account because I disliked google in front of him :man_facepalming:)

2 Likes

about the breaking change for shell_command for timeout on 60 sec, how can i fix this now?

i have a .py file thta i start when HA starts, with automation below , it needs to be running in background

- alias: Dobiss Server
  initial_state: 'on'
  trigger:
    - platform: homeassistant
      event: start
  action:
    - service: shell_command.dobiss_server

secret => dobiss_server-: python3 /config/python_scripts/dobiss_server.py

2020-08-12 16:16:41 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.shell_command] Timed out running command: `python3 /config/python_scripts/dobiss_server.py`, after: 60s
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/shell_command/__init__.py", line 80, in async_service_handler
    stdout_data, stderr_data = await asyncio.wait_for(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/tasks.py", line 490, in wait_for
    raise exceptions.TimeoutError()
asyncio.exceptions.TimeoutError

I have the same logbook, history, default_config error

what do I loose by removing the db? do I loose all my history (or is it already gone)

You will lose your history (graphs) and logbook entries. Don’t know if it is recoverable (probably, but nobody knows yet how, without a root cause).

So could it be related to this:
#History Purging

recorder:

purge_keep_days: 2

include:

domains:

- sensor

- switch

- media_player

exclude:

entities:

- sensor.last_boot

- sensor.date

No, that’s not how it works.

You set the theme to auto and home assistant detects if your device in in dark mode. You can set a theme to use with dark mode though:

Rather disappointed in the way this works myself. So just keep using my own dark/light themes and ignore it.

Same here, just the line "default_config:" doesn't allowed to load the add-ons... And I don't want to move the DB, actually I don't even know how to do it :( .

Working for me. Check your theme.

Screenshot_2020-08-12 Administration - Home Assistant(1)