0.114: Dark mode, Open Z-Wave progress and more automation & scripts

Simply deleting the database (home-assistant_v2.db) and restarting HA fixed the problem for me. You will lose history doing this, but won’t harm your installation. The database will automatically be recreated.

So does that mean we can still limit the amount of days the recorder will record? Or should the recorder be complety removed from the config?

In my case Dark Mode doesn’t apply until I log in, is it supposed to be like that? Would love to see dark login screen

Ok, I removed recorder and deleted the .db. Seems to have fixed it for me.

this update is awesome!

Congratulations! This is by far one of the best executed release sequences from beta to release.

Smooth sailing.

Great work all!

Updated and so far so good, no issues for me. Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

• Setup failed for logbook: Could not set up all dependencies.
  • Setup failed for history: Could not set up all dependencies.

Deleting home-assistant_v2.db fixed it

1 Like

I’m sure this has been discussed before and if anyone can link me to an existing discussion that would be perfect, but my question is what is the difference between the current Zwave integration vs the new one?

thanks, I went back to a snapshot, re-upgraded, and the issue is gone now.

After updating, every time I loaded into the lovelace interface for the first time that “refresh”, I’d be prompted to add a card to the UI. It would pop up even if I clicked into HACS or configuration or anywhere else before the page finished loading.

This appears to be broken from card tools, as disabling that resolved it for me but I also uninstalled a few other components I was not using at all, including simple thermostat, so check your lovelace resources if you get that issue.

1 Like

had the same issue removed card tools and now works again

I just saw this for the first time. I do use card tools.

I’d encourage you to open an issue in the card-tools github repository.

If you set the appearance to “Auto” in your Home Assistant profile page, you’ll no longer need an automation to switch between light and dark themes in most cases, as your operating system can handle that for you automatically already. Instructions on how to do this:

• iOS: it’s located under Settings → Display & Brightness → Automatic appearance. You can choose between “Sunset to Sunrise” or a “Custom Schedule” which lets you pick specific times you want light or dark mode to be enabled.

• macOS: System Preferences → General → Appearance. Select “Auto” there and macOS will use a light theme in the day and dark at night.

• Android: Settings → Display → Dark theme → Schedule.

For most people doing it this way is probably preferable, as it’s one less automation in HA and it will always be in sync with your OS-level appearance.

1 Like

I have the following problem with version 0.114.0, it only gives me error in these sensors but I have 2 xiaomi gateways with 20 devices in each one and this failure is single gateway sensors, i have home assistant core in docker

2020-08-12 16:47:41 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Platform xiaomi_aqara does not generate unique IDs. ID Battery158d00031b2d00 already exists - ignoring sensor.battery_158d00031b2d00
2020-08-12 16:47:41 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Platform xiaomi_aqara does not generate unique IDs. ID Battery158d000222dd55 already exists - ignoring sensor.battery_158d000222dd55
2020-08-12 16:47:41 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Platform xiaomi_aqara does not generate unique IDs. ID Battery158d0001e50c04 already exists - ignoring sensor.battery_158d0001e50c04
2020-08-12 16:47:41 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Platform xiaomi_aqara does not generate unique IDs. ID Battery158d00023e77ea already exists - ignoring sensor.battery_158d00023e77ea
2020-08-12 16:47:41 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Platform xiaomi_aqara does not generate unique IDs. ID Battery158d00031b2d21 already exists - ignoring sensor.battery_158d00031b2d21
2020-08-12 16:47:41 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Platform xiaomi_aqara does not generate unique IDs. ID Battery158d00044c9cd6 already exists - ignoring sensor.battery_158d00044c9cd6

1 Like

So instead of configuring home assistant once, we have to configure multiple family and guest devices some of which can only be configured to swap at a time rather than sunset or sunrise?

Thanks, but no. I’ll stick with the automation.

3 Likes

Great job on the dark theme! I am really loving the new look with this dark theme. However, I’m not sure I am liking the dark maps. Is there a config I can add to the yaml to ignore maps from the dark theme? I know, its a longshot, but had to ask.

2 Likes

Same …
Invalid config

The following integrations and platforms could not be set up:

* [logbook](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/logbook)
* [history](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/history)
* [default_config](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/default_config)
* filter.sensor

Please check your config.

But running check config says all is ok

While I can see how that’s preferable in some cases, there are other situations that might not work. It seems a bit strange that an automation platform implements this feature without a way to automate it.
Some platforms might not have dark mode (like old phones/tablets people use on the walls). I also wanted to match Tesla day/night display theme, not sure if HA will be able to read it. Not complaining, just mentioning there’s some room to improve.

You’re replying to the wrong person. We agree.

I think the new dark mode is aimed more at the user who does not want to mess around with themes and automating them.

I’m happy we have both options.

Hello everyone,
i just upgraded to 0.114. and while i never had any issues with upgrades this one is that failed.
My HA is not coming up and i am seeing this error in the home-assistant.log

2020-08-12 09:50:45 ERROR (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder] Error during connection setup: (MySQLdb._exceptions.OperationalError) (2005, "Unknown MySQL server host 'core-mariadb' (-3)")
(Background on this error at: http://sqlalche.me/e/13/e3q8) (retrying in 3 seconds)
2020-08-12 09:51:10 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Waiting on integrations to complete setup: recorder
2020-08-12 09:51:23 ERROR (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder] Error during connection setup: (MySQLdb._exceptions.OperationalError) (2005, "Unknown MySQL server host 'core-mariadb' (-3)")
(Background on this error at: http://sqlalche.me/e/13/e3q8) (retrying in 3 seconds)
2020-08-12 09:52:01 ERROR (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder] Error during connection setup: (MySQLdb._exceptions.OperationalError) (2005, "Unknown MySQL server host 'core-mariadb' (-3)")
2020-08-12 09:52:10 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Waiting on integrations to complete setup: recorder
2020-08-12 09:52:39 ERROR (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder] Error during connection setup: (MySQLdb._exceptions.OperationalError) (2005, "Unknown MySQL server host 'core-mariadb' (-3)")

Anybody else run into this or has an idea how to fix it?

2020-08-12 09:56:23 ERROR (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder] Error during connection setup: (MySQLdb._exceptions.OperationalError) (2005, "Unknown MySQL server host 'core-mariadb' (-3)")
2020-08-12 09:56:23 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Exception in callback Recorder.run.<locals>.connection_failed() at /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/__init__.py:270
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/events.py", line 81, in _run
    self._context.run(self._callback, *self._args)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/__init__.py", line 273, in connection_failed
    self.async_db_ready.set_result(False)
asyncio.exceptions.InvalidStateError: invalid state