0.114: Dark mode, Open Z-Wave progress and more automation & scripts

mysql workbench now connected on my pc and data coming back but the sensors still broken. working on it.

Think it might be a permission issue. not sure where though. Something has been revoked or reset.

answering myself for reference here:

after ha core check returned ok, I decided to give it a try… typed ha core restart, hit enter and closed my eyes firmly. :persevere:

and what do you know, next up I heard my intercom announce Ha had restarted :boom:

so, don’t despair if you see the same config error, check system and restart once more.

thanks team! Now even my themes survive a restart, one automation down…

1 Like

Had to revert to 113.3. WeMo wasn’t working, Hue Emulations not working.

I’m getting this error under the mariadb logs:
hmm. not sure. mysql workbench will connect. the data is there but my url to the sensors is not connecting.

[11:10:02] INFO: Successfully send service information to Home Assistant.
2020-08-13 11:13:25 25 [Warning] Aborted connection 25 to db: 'homeassistant' user: 'homeassistant' host: '172.30.32.1' (Got an error reading communication packets)

sensors yaml:

- platform: sql
    db_url: mysql://homeassistant:password@core-mariadb/homeassistant?charset=utf8

where is it going wrong?

Should I try rebooting the entire linux server?

Data is coming through on the grapsh etc.

Must be the sensor url for the mysql. Can’t figure it out

- platform: sql
    db_url: ??

Grafana connects fine with mariadb but all the sensors on sensors yaml are not connecting. Can’t figure it out.
States are being fed into the db

Hi, since updating to .114 (from 112.4) and also os and other update, I suddenly have all my “Custom element doesn’t exist” errors in lovelace … did I miss anything?

But is this just an issue with the add-on?

My database is still working as I can access it via grafana and mysql workbench.

BUT all the sensors in sensors yaml have stopped working.
same url path as the recorder in the config yaml.

Where do i go from here?
Not sure if its an issue with mariadb addon. The recorder is still working. odd

Custom element ! Check their repos for updates.

All is up to date…

I don’t have any DB add-ons. In addition to the OP issues, I also experienced none of my sensors being able to report. Once I deleted the DB and restarted HA, everything started working, including my graphs for my sensors.

Same here!

SmartThings give errors after the TV is off for a while:

Failed to call service switch/turn_on. 409, message=‘Conflict’, url=URL(‘https://api.smartthings.com/v1/devices/a1e4a91f-9569-406d-99c9-a2081598b13e/commands’)

All of my z-wave devices are now unavailable. Have not messed with OZW. Just simply updated. Running on Unraid Docker Container. I tried restarting container, healing network, and testing network. What else can I do?

Think I also have this… just updated addon… but I think waking up every device manually will work, because evey device I wake comes alive. I have to really awake it and detecying motion etc doesn’t help.

I’m copying the entire mysql database and exporting the data in csv file in case I need to restart a new DB.

But still haven’t figured out why sensors are not connecting but the data from grafana is(which is connected to the mysql DB).
Got to be an issue with the yaml configs or sensors.

How can I roll back a version?

@francisp all my custom elements are up to date via hacs. Direclty after update they dont see to work.

Update: it is in the app it is not displayed and the error is shown.

In the browser all is well…

Wth?

Upate 2: rebooting phone and it works… ??? app cache problem?

Love the fact “choose” has made it into the GUI - for users like me, this just keeps bringing the platform on leaps and bounds and will make the appeal wider…thanks!

2 Likes

Looking through all my logs this caught my eye:
my sensors stopped working but the database appears still to be working.
hmm need to look into this

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Error while setting up upnp platform for sensor

My Picture Elements Card had a different theme applied in the config but its now picking up the back color from the system wide theme.

Anyone know to fix this?

I have lost the recorder since the update. I was using MariaDB before the update and have tried restarting MariaDB but still no recorder. Any ideas what I need to do please.

1 Like