0.115: B-Day release! Media browser, tags, automations & WTH

Check Configuration / info and make sure you have actually updated to 0.115.

Your update could have failed.

So I added my camera folder into homeassistant, but Media Browser panel is not showing up, am I missing something? I want to be able to play my camera recordings in the browser.

media_dirs:
  camera: /config/camera

2020-09-19 10:24:35 INFO (SyncWorker_5) [homeassistant.loader] Loaded media_source from homeassistant.components.media_source

Browser cache has been purged.

That was not a reply to you. See the top right corner of my post.

You have a link to this app? Iā€™d like to take a look at it as well, just out of interest.

Have 0.115.1. Also easy to see because he did not accept the seconds: /60 in the automation anymore. So the update was succesfull.

I can post them if thatā€™s ok (have 2, sorry) in a separate thread maybe? Must be a post on it on the Community for at least one of themā€¦ hereā€™s a Home Assistant Community Add-on: AppDaemon 4 on this script

and the other one is made by Azogue, but I cant find it online any longer. could post that too

tried to reinstall AD3, but now I can not find it any longerā€¦ grr

hereā€™s a new post: How to update these AppDaemon 3 scripts to AD 4

Thanks, but at this point I really donā€™t know what the issue is, but itā€™s a known issue as it was also reported by @philhawthorne and many others in different threads in the community, I think itā€™s core related but still unable to track it down, my resources is up by an average of 20%, and Iā€™m at a loss as to where to look next, I mite just revert back to 114 until it gets sorted.

Maybe everyone experiencing this can compare integration in an effort to identify similarities?

Yes, please open a thread and mention me there. You can also send me a PM, whatever you prefer.

Could even be that AppDaemon 3 is not compatible with newer HA versions anymore.

The same! And TTS do to work!!!

Platform error tts.google_cloud - Error relocating /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/grpc/_cython/cygrpc.cpython-38-arm-linux-gnueabihf.so: backtrace: symbol not found

How to fix it?

Regarding my issues with getting Kodi running on 0.115:

Weekends (free time) are great ā€“ I fixed the issue in my setup with Kodi in 0.115. When originally setting up media centers I opened up port 8080 on the firewall, but neglected port 9090.

I vaguely remember an issue in a recent prior release where blocking port 9090 caused an issue but it was fixed on a point release ā€“ but it seems to matter now, even during initial setup (yaml or integration).

Perhaps a few clarifications in the documentation? There are 3 requirements for my setup:

• port 8080 and port 9090 must both be open
  • allow remote control from applications on this system (specified already in the docs)
  • allow remote control from applications on other systems (only required if Kodi is running on a different network from HA ā€“ with this enabled Kodi listens on 0.0.0.0 for port 9090 instead of localhost)

With these changes the integration pretty much instantly finds Kodi and brings up the configuration dialog. Nice work on the integration!

Anyone know why the Brother printer changed the uptime?
I donā€™t mind the change to a new format, but it now reads like: ā€œPrintermodel Uptime: 15 weeks agoā€

It seems like it should be called something like ā€œtime since last startupā€ instead of ā€œuptimeā€ (which should be a timespan e.g. ā€œ15 weeksā€)

Trying to fix history stats on 0.115.1. Fixed the Percentage but now get:

Platform error sensor.history_stats - cannot import name 'DOMAIN' from 'custom_components.history_stats' (unknown location).

Iā€™ve updated the init to:

DOMAIN = "history_stats"
PLATFORMS = ["sensor"]

Stuck. Please help

Do I need to remove it completely from custom components? Is it part of the core instead?

Thanks

Anyone tried changing their template conditions to the new ā€˜shorthandā€™ and done so successfully?

As an example:

condition:
  condition: template 
  value_template: "{{ trigger.to_state.state != 'off' }}"

Iā€™ve tried it as

condition:
  condition: "{{ trigger.to_state.state != 'off' }}" 

and

condition:
  conditions: "{{ trigger.to_state.state != 'off' }}"

Neither passes the configuration check :man_shrugging:

I did some more testing. This is working:

- id: 'Test'
  alias: Test
  trigger:
  - platform: time
    at: input_datetime.start
  action:
  - service: switch.turn_on
    entity_id: switch.stecker_1

And this not:

- id: 'Test'
  alias: Test
  trigger:
  - platform: time
    at: input_datetime.start
  action:
  - service: >
      {% if states('sensor.time') == states('input_datetime.start')[:5] %}
        switch.turn_on
      {% else %}
        switch.turn_off
      {% endif %}
    entity_id: switch.stecker_1

Any Ideas how to make it work? Still in one automation of course.^^

No idea sorry. It looks right according to what I read in the release notes.

If the features of this release arenā€™t functioning as advertised hopefully a developer will take notice. If not please open an issue.

Just

should do the trick ā€¦

As stated, that does not pass configuration check.

(I guess it could be an issue with the configuration checker not correctly identifying that this is now valid? But Iā€™d rather not risk it tbh)

ā€˜As statedā€™ ? My suggestion is different from your 2 trials. Just use the SINGLE line - works here ā€¦

I only used that example as it was the only one I had with one condition and I canā€™t copy and paste from my config currently, so if youā€™re saying that it goes directly in line with the condition block of an automation, where would I put the second, third etc conditions?

Also, thatā€™s not how itā€™s documented, its documented as where the conditions go, not the condition block of an automation.

Iā€™m confused.

You have tried it with

condition:

and

condition:
  conditions: "{{ trigger.to_state.state != 'off' }}"

and i think you should try it with that, if you have multiple conditions:

conditions: