0.115: B-Day release! Media browser, tags, automations & WTH

Iā€™m not sure if IOS works the same way that my Android (Samsung) phone does. For my phone I have 2 options per wifi network. The actual phoneā€™s MAC address or a randomized MAC (the default). As implied, the randomized mac changes regularly so adding multiple ipā€™s to the ping wonā€™t work for long.

ah yes, if the Mac addresses would be randomized regularly, that effort would be futile. Darn, I would have hoped to reserved the new ipaddresses so we could template the network in HAā€¦ now using the iOS app sensors for the btw, but thatā€™s another topicā€¦

About the Calendar Card, is it possible to choose a view as a default?, at the moment it always go back to the month view
calendar Card

From the podcast I listened to I believe there may be the option to stick with the same (generated) MAC address on a per SSID basis which should make things worthwhile - youā€™ll need to confirm that though.

I have created the Lovelace card with Spotify, Speaker selector and Volume control of each of them. The solution suits perfectly to my requirements.
Thank you very much to @sparkydave , @aidbish and @jtnn60 for your help. The combination of both of your suggestions made it possible.
I am amazed with Home Assistant!

1 Like

Yes. With Spotcast component. See Media browser, Spotify, select output device?

1 Like

Hi i installed the last version home assistant 0.115.2 and google vision dont work now !

I have this error line :

Platform error image_processing.google_vision - Error relocating /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/grpc/_cython/cygrpc.cpython-38-arm-linux-gnueabihf.so: backtrace: symbol not found 

Have you an idea ?
Thanks
Giloris

Is it normal for HA to log errors generated while evaluating templates in the template editor under developer tools?

Testing Template
{{ states. | count }}

Error handling message: invalid template (TemplateSyntaxError: expected name or number) for dictionary value @ data['template']. Got '{{ states.| count }}'

What do you mean by crash? Like the android app will crash? Or you just get disconnected from the cloud?

It loses connection and none of the pages respond. On 4G LTE and itā€™s only a 130mb file Iā€™m trying to play. It comes back after a few minutes so maybe it is the LTE connection thatā€™s slow. But still, it shouldnā€™t stop everything else from responding.

Do you see the same behavior in chrome for Android?

have you find the answer? also, what are the configurable options for this card?

This release has fixed by biggest problem Iā€™ve had. Insteon (actually x10) was my starting point into Smart Home and that was about 10 years ago. Home Assistant had been seeing 7 of my 11 Motion Sensors and 13 of my 14 Dimmer Switches. I love Insteon and these other devices have worked correctly through the Home Assistant, but 5 of them just wouldnā€™t join the gang for the fun.
On this new release now when I add them through the Device Override, theyā€™ve now joined the crew and are working with all their brothers and sisters. I want to offer my thanks and appreciation to TEHarris. Iā€™ve watched the work heā€™s done on GitHub to help mature Insteon in the Home Assistant environment. Thatā€™s no small challenge, given how peculiar and picky Insteon can be. Insteon always plays well with itself, but many times doesnā€™t like to play well with others.
Thanks for all your hard work TEHarris, itā€™s really appreciated!

1 Like

Iā€™m wondering if some time-based sensor update confusion/complexity could be mitigated by borrowing scan_interval: from Command Line Sensor for updating entity-less sensors.

This would avoid the complexity of requiring simple interval-based automations as a trigger, at least as described in Templates.

You could set static IPs for your phones instead of using reserved IPs on the router. Then your phone just declares what IP itā€™s going to use and will always use that one. Typically youā€™d do this outside the range your DHCP server is assigning IPs, but it has to be within the same subnet.

try removing the dot after states:

{{ states | count }}

Thanks, this was just a test, the question is, why does HA log it as an error, if the template tool is just for evaluating templates?

I agree. Seems unnecessary

Oh OK. Didnā€™t get that.

But from what Iā€™ve read that is an expected behavior to log errors from the template editor now.

But I think I remember seeing something about a ā€œfixā€ to suppress those errors being in the works.

1 Like

That would be very helpful, especially for noobs like me.