0.115: B-Day release! Media browser, tags, automations & WTH

Once inside the docker container run:

apk add cargo
cargo install py-spy

It will take a few minutes and you should end up with py-spy in /root/.cargo/bin/py-spy

2 Likes

Happy Birthday and thanks to each and everyone of you for your great work!
The update process was seamless and may I say faster than i was used to.

One issue so far, whenever I try to load a file from the media browser I does not work and i receive a

WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.http.ban] Login attempt or request with invalid authentication 

in the logs.

It does not matter if I try from my PC or phone, it is the same.
Any ideas?

What an amaizing job once again, thanks for your hard work HA team !
Iā€™ve just updated and noticed Gardena Smart System integration is now giving the following error :
homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform gardena_smart_system.sensor: Platform not found (cannot import name 'UNIT_PERCENTAGE' from 'homeassistant.const'

1 Like

Happy Birthday,
Many features.
I read the breaking changes on every update and try to be prepared, well this is the 3rd clean major update I have with no warnings or broken functionally.
Kudos

I get the same error regarding UNIT_PERCENTAGE from a HACS custom integration after updating to 0.115.0:

2020-09-17 16:28:45 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform plaato.sensor: Platform not found (cannot import name 'UNIT_PERCENTAGE' from 'homeassistant.const' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/const.py)).

Iā€™ve reinstalled the HACS custom integration, restarted HA and rebooted, but the symptom persists. @JohNan

1 Like

What an awesome release! Kudos to all.

I restored to 0.144.4 and used my snapshot to restore the configuration.
I have about 30 sensors that were all broken due to this UNIT_PERCENTAGE.
Think we need to raise an issue on git.

Also the new S1c broadlink alarm integration picks up zero entities.

UNIT_PERCENTAGE was changed to PERCENTAGE in 0.115. The integration needs to update their code. Please open a github issue on the integrationā€™s repo.

1 Like

I am also having very high cpu usageā€¦ didnā€™t really get a chance to look into it yet, but I am about to start investigatingā€¦

dd

data_value is in my automations.yaml ā€¦ As the logic seems to be "get rid of data_ on every variable name preceded by data_ " Iā€™m asking what goes on for data_value

Iā€™ve just installed it on my Pi, pip install py-spy seems to have worked for me :slight_smile:

same issue here after adding Kodi as integration (and removing it from yaml)

• service: kodi.call_method
    data:
    entity_id: media_player.osmc
    method: Player.stop
    playerid: 1

does nothing, no errors

Yep same here, and my 0.114.2 install was very basic. Looking at the logfile, I have:

2020-09-17 23:10:14 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for image: Unable to import component: libopenjp2.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Google seems to suggest that is something to do with Pillow, which I think I read elsewhere on here, looking for more info right nowā€¦

make sure to open an issue on github

The changes are limited to service_template and data_template.

Fixed it:

sudo apt-get install libopenjp2-7
sudo apt-get install libtiff5

Restarted HA and after a few minutes it came up.

3 Likes

How do we integrate the entities from the Broadlink integration? It picked up my S1c, rm pro and mini ok but the S1c shows zero entities. I would like to see the existing entities - 3 sensors and the keyfob.
For the moment I rolled back. All of these become unknown even with the new integration and old code removed.

I cant call any Kodi methods either after adding as an integration.

You have to wake up device before configuration. Support for battery powered devices is currently very limited.

I am also having extremely high cpu usageā€¦ I wasnā€™t sure if the profile.svg was possibly enough or I need to save something else also?

This first one had been running awhileā€¦

This is right after a restart of HA

Please let me know if I can provide more info