0.116: Entities card row editor, restore snapshots and performance metrics

The integration probably only looks at the core container 🤷

Just upgraded from 115.6 to 116.0.

Sadly my Nuki Smartlock 2.0 stopped working.
This is the error message from the log:

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 193, in _async_setup_platform

await asyncio.shield(task)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run

result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/nuki/lock.py", line 80, in setup_platform

devices.extend([NukiOpenerEntity(opener) for opener in bridge.openers])

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pynuki/bridge.py", line 238, in openers

return self._get_devices(device_type=const.DEVICE_TYPE_OPENER)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pynuki/bridge.py", line 199, in _get_devices

for l in self.list(device_type=device_type):

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pynuki/bridge.py", line 128, in list

data = self.__rq("list")

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pynuki/bridge.py", line 103, in __rq

result = requests.get(

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 76, in get

return request('get', url, params=params, **kwargs)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 61, in request

return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 530, in request

resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 643, in send

r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 529, in send

raise ReadTimeout(e, request=request)

requests.exceptions.ReadTimeout: HTTPConnectionPool(host='192.xxx.xxx.xx', port=8080): Read timed out. (read timeout=20)

I have HASS running in Docker (Synology NAS).

Ah. That might explain my occasional runaway temperature rise with flat and low system monitor CPU use.

Can anyone for the love of god please point me to a solid command by command guide on how to update python on Home Assistant Core. Probably on my 4th deprecated milestone and everything i’ve tried has always failed. I always end up building a brand new instance and spending hours moving everything over. Please help :sob:

Current Version: 3.7.3
Hass Version: 115.6
Platform: Rpi4 4GB

Nice update, everything seems to be working OK for me. :slight_smile:

Looks like I need to update from Python 3.7, is there a recommended way of doing this on Raspbian?

1 Like

@ttaidapos, I did this guide ages ago for upgrading python when running core in a venv. Obviously you’ll need to download and run the python version you want rather than the one in the commands there, and make sure you adapt for your install paths and autostart service if they are different…

There’s some troubleshooting further down the thread too if needed.

2 Likes

It suggests processor_use doesn’t provide an accurate picture of what the CPU is doing. :thinking:

It’s odd to see it report the CPU is running at 1% of its total capacity whereas Supervisor CPU usage claims it’s using 6.3%. :man_shrugging:

Thanks for this! Haven’t tried this guide yet, will give it a swirl and report back.

1 Like

I’m tempted to open an issue for the system monitor to get the cpu use to reflect the total hardware cpu use, not just the home assistant use.

1 Like

Does anyone else notice that in this version the use of the processor has several highs and lows?
I also have errors with the stream component

Logger: homeassistant.components.stream.worker
Source: components/stream/worker.py:240
Integration: Stream (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 20:06:41 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 20:16:55

Timestamp overflow detected: dts = 1023391, resetting stream
Timestamp overflow detected: dts = 60906146, resetting stream
Logger: homeassistant.components.stream.worker
Source: components/stream/worker.py:246
Integration: Stream (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 20:06:18 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 20:17:00

Dropping out of order packet: 183510 <= 183510
Dropping out of order packet: 195267 <= 195267

When you open the camera player visually there is no problem

The system monitor runs inside the container so it doesn’t know what is going on outside of it unless there is an external service that provides the data.

2 Likes

In that case, the new System Metrics feature provides a more accurate picture of what is actually being reported:

1. Core CPU usage
  2. Supervisor CPU usage

where System Monitor’s processor_use is Core CPU usage and has never represented the total CPU usage when part of Home Assistant OS, Supervised, or Container.

That would indeed explain why tom_I’s system was reporting high temperatures but processor_use was very low; something beyond the homeassistant container’s boundaries was monopolizing the CPU.

@tom_l
If your system overheats again, let us know what Supervisor CPU usage indicates. Even at idle, it already consumes more CPU time on my RPI3 than Core.

1 Like

Great release! I love the improvements to the Synology component. Thanks to the whole team and double extra special thanks to @shenxn for the Synology work!!

1 Like

Install very smooth. I tried the new Raspberry PI power supply integration and it would not install. Clicked on install and it closes without installing. No errors in log. Should I open an issue on github? Error showed up today: Error occurred loading configuration flow for integration rpi_power: No module named 'custom_components.rpi_power.config_flow.
I had a custom component that I forgot I installed. Removed and it installed correctly.

2 Likes

Hate to be “that guy” but it worked for me. Installed on RPI3.

Screenshot from 2020-10-07 14-54-44

Screenshot from 2020-10-07 14-55-05

Screenshot from 2020-10-07 14-56-02

Anyone wanting to pull these metrics into the frontend, I created some examples here.

6 Likes

The integration of the Raspberry PI power supply works well for me. Created the entity and monitors the resource

I have the same, it doesn’t install.

update:
Got it solved. The custom component was still installed on the device. After deleting and reboot it worked.

I have a pi 4. Looks like it works for some and not for others. Tried again this morning and get Error occurred loading configuration flow for integration rpi_power: No module named 'custom_components.rpi_power.config_flow.
I had a custom component that I forgot I installed. Removed and it installed correctly.

Seeing this as well. My stream in lovelace is freezing as well. Rolled back to 0.115.6 and all good again.