0.118: Grid and logbook cards, quick navigation, native template types

Great (painless!) update - thank you.

I was all in with the Grid Card hoping to replace all my manual stack cards, And, it is really great if the default columns work for you. Adding columns:{#} or square:{true|false} (via the Code Editor) prevents you to returning to the Visual Editor.

Hopefully, this is just an easy Visual Editor fix.

1 Like

After the update my sensor values in the frontend (which is set to English) have this format now:
512,456.78 (half a million …) : with a comma and a point for the decimal point
But I would prefer the format like this: 512456.78

Is there a way to have the frontend in English and a big number in a format like this 123456.78?

Looking great! Cannot wait to start working with the new Google Nest Api

What’s omitted to tell is that the Polyfill bug on iOS 12 has been resolved.
Bug is described here:

Quick question, I’m still on Python v3.7, I was getting warning I need to update to a later version of Python.

Is HAC v0.118 able to start and run with Python v3.7? I will I need to update to Python v3.8 first?

From the 0.116 release notes:

## Python 3.7 deprecated

Python 3.9 has been released on 5 October. This means that Python 3.7 support is now deprecated and will be removed after two months (which will be effective in 0.118).

This is only a concern if you are running Home Assistant Core directly on Python. You can check the Python version Home Assistant uses by going to the information screen in  **Configuration**  ->  **Info** .

If you run Home Assistant OS, Supervised or Container, you don’t have to worry about this, as the Home Assistant project takes care of this for you. As a matter of fact, if you use one of those methods, you are already running Python 3.8.

We are currently working on ensuring Python 3.9 is fully supported and tested.

You need to download the zip and unzip it over your old hacs, then restart Home Assistant.

do this https://hacs.xyz/docs/installation/manual_cli

Can’t wait for this conference!

I try to log in via ssh to update hacs.
But i cannot get Terminal & SSH running.
It terminate every time, showing this in the logs:
INFO: Restoring host keys…
cp: can’t stat ‘/data/host_keys/*’: No such file or directory

My config is simple:

authorized_keys: []
password: test
server:
tcp_forwarding: false’

I do love the new “natitive types support for templates”.

I process temperature sensors output that comes in via MQTT in an appdaemon app. The automation that triggers appdaemon is like this:

- id: rtl_mqtt_trigger
  alias: RTL MQTT trigger
  trigger:
    platform: mqtt
    topic: 'rtl_433/RPi4/events'
  mode: queued
  action:
    event: RTL_MQTT
    event_data_template:
      topic: '{{ trigger.topic }}'
      payload: '{{ trigger.payload }}'

The payload is JSON format and previously I had to use json.loads in the appdaemon app to cast the payload from string to JSON, but now the payload is directly JSON.

Well done, devs and contributors!

When i want to setup the Shelly Integration, i get this screen:
What am i supposed to do here?

Never mind, the integration was flagged as ignored.

Can anyone tell me if the stylesheet added with 117 has been reverted with 118, or has a workaround? Markdown works different now, which messes my entire UI. Unfortunately there is only radio silence on the github ticket I created. Lot of people who depend on markdown for their UI are kinda stuck now…

I had to skip HA 117 entirely since the change was introduced with the first version and no changes all throughout 117. I really hope there at least will be a viable workaround, so I can finally update…

My yeelight devices stopped working after upgrading to 0.118 with nothing in HA logs. Rolling back to 0.117.6 brings them back to life. Is anyone else having the same issue?
EDIT: I see https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/40251 related to having yeeligh in different subnets but it’s not my case.

What device is it?

I made the update to 0.118 last night.
After that everything went fine and I could use the two new maps Logbook and Grid.
Then I did the system update and went to bed.
This morning after getting up I look on my dashboard and notice that the new maps don’t work.
They are no longer found and do not appear in the overview.
But much worse, parts of the system do not work anymore.
No more logbook, the developer tools don’t work, I can’t view devices/entities under settings.
Everywhere the error “Error loading page” appears.
I am completely desperate …

I cannot update as I’m getting the following error:

ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can't install homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant:0.118.0 -> 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error ("toomanyrequests: You have reached your pull rate limit. You may increase the limit by authenticating and upgrading: https://www.docker.com/increase-rate-limit").

Any idea what I can do?

This is due to the new DockerHub pull limits.

You can check your status, more info on how to do that there.

Maybe HA will move from DockerHub to GitHub packages (like many others like LinuxServer.io) ?

Simple question, how do I get to the new logbook and grid cards? The are not listed here “Which card would you like to add to your “Home” view”

I tried to use the new logbook card, but no matter which entities I select, the card stay like that:

1 Like