0.27.1 broke Customize:

All my devices are back to their old names, unhidden, etc.
Started after the 27.1 update.

Mine broken even more, lost pretty much ALL sensors

No issues here, but I also don’t use the default home page view. I’d recommend checking logs and seeing what’s going on.

@Charles_Richardson and @Tomek985
Any errors in the log?
Try to run hass --script check_config to validate your config.

I am not experiencing any issues either… all my customization names, etc are working just like they were in 0.27, but I am also overriding the default_view, so it may only effect those who are still using the default view.

Kind of curious though why anyone would want to use the default_view as is… with rows and rows of circles clogging up the interface, not clean at all! Sorry, different strokes for different folks I guess :smile:

I had a similar issue. Previous to 0.27, customize was fine. After upgrading, I noticed some sensors were missing. After running the check config script, it appears that the attributes/monitored values of since sensors changed (transmission, nzbget). After fixing those, I upgraded to 0.27.1 and ask my groups were missing. I noticed that the names for the forecast.io sensors were different (now contains “forecast.io”), which I believe broke my customize. Haven’t had time to review it yet.

You should always read the release note and specially the “breaking changes” part when updating HASS

0.27 worked fine for me, but 0.27.1 broke sensors.
It turns out that https://home-assistant.io/components/sensor.apcupsd/ stopped working (at least for me) and killed remaining sensors. I commented it out for now and rest seems fine. There is no mention of UPS changed in changelog.

When I get home I will pull exact python error that I am getting.

PS. Customize works ok after all for me once UPS is gone

Config validation for APCUPSd was introduced in 0.27.1, so there is probably something wrong with your configuration.
And the error message will explain the problem.

The solution seems to be to add the following lines to the main config file:

apcupsd:
host: 127.0.0.1
port: 3551

(although the documentation suggests that you may not need the host and port information). I now have all my sensors displayed again. There seem to be additional pages for the components section of the web site for apcups.

Apart from mentioning that APCUPSD was now handled by voluptuous there was no indication in the release notes that this might be a breaking change. I’d also dispute that the log readily described the problem for a non-developer - for the text was the same as that printed for 0.27.0 when the apcupsd sensors (and all the rest) still worked. Here is that log data, for reference:

==============start

cat home-assistant.log

16-08-31 14:29:41 homeassistant.bootstrap: Error during setup of component apcupsd
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/bootstrap.py”, line 157, in _setup_component
result = component.setup(hass, config)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/apcupsd.py”, line 44, in setup
conf = config[DOMAIN]
KeyError: ‘apcupsd’
16-08-31 14:29:41 homeassistant.bootstrap: Unable to prepare setup for platform sensor.apcupsd because dependency apcupsd could not be initialized
16-08-31 14:29:50 homeassistant.components.device_tracker: Duplicate device MAC addresses detected F8:CF:C5:95:B2:9E
16-08-31 14:30:15 homeassistant.bootstrap: Error during setup of component apcupsd
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/bootstrap.py”, line 157, in _setup_component
result = component.setup(hass, config)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/apcupsd.py”, line 44, in setup
conf = config[DOMAIN]
KeyError: ‘apcupsd’
16-08-31 14:30:15 homeassistant.bootstrap: Unable to prepare setup for platform sensor.apcupsd because dependency apcupsd could not be initialized
===================end

1 Like

There seems to be a bug in config validation that requires the host to be specified. Will try to fix that. (edit: will be fixed in the next release)

And the error message you got is a bit confusing. It is not the normal message when the configuration is wrong. For me it seems to be a problem with installing the dependency for the apcupsd component.

It would be great if you would help improving the documentation or help testing contribution to the code.

2 Likes

EDIT: I misred @nicknick’s comment as of where to add host and port number

@nicknick That is exactly my scenario, and it solved the issue!

configuration.yamlapcupsd: host: 127.0.0.1 port: 3551

sensors.yaml- platform: apcupsd resources: - bcharge - linev - status - timeleft

@Danielhiversen I run check_config and it returned OK and thank you for driving resolution for this case. I guess it is time for me to get on github and contribute something.

Thank you all for everything!

1 Like