0.57.0 Unable to find component input_slider

Hello,

Updated to the latest version of HA this morning and since then it has broken my input_sliders.

2017-11-04 11:02:07 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Unable to find component input_slider
2017-11-04 11:02:07 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for input_slider: Component not found.

I had a look through the notes and maybe I missed it but I couldn’t see any thing relating to input_sliders being changed so not sure why they are now broken…

Can any one help?

1 Like

They have been renamed to input_number back in 0.55.

4 Likes

Ah ok,

This is my first update since then so i missed that change.

So do I now need to go and rename all my input_sliders to input_number? Thats kind of an inconvenience as I have quite a few of them?

Does this also mean in my main configuration where it use

input_slider: !include input_slider.yaml

Do i need to rename that to input_number: !include input_number.yaml

and of course rename the current input_slider.yaml to input_number.yaml then find all of my input_slider references and change them to input_number?

2 Likes

Thank you this fixed my problem!

Technically you wouldn’t need to rename the input_slider.yaml since that is just a reference to the file. But it would make sense if your input_numbers reside in a file with the same name.
All the other occurances of input_slider have to be renamed, as you have figured out meanwhile.

Hi Daniel,

Yeah I thought as much, I wasn’t sure if the file name not being changed would break anything but seems not. For consistency I have changed the file name too so it makes sense. Ill only come to want to change something in a couple months time and wonder why I cant find something because I didn’t change the file name and get confused!

Thanks for your help!