0.64.2 issues

All

I am not sure if anyone of you is facing issues with recorder, chromecast, history, history graphs.

Here is part of my error log:

2018-03-01 23:38:58 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder] Ended unfinished session (id=1114 from 2018-03-01 13:58:33)
    2018-03-01 23:39:04 WARNING (SyncWorker_3) [homeassistant.components.emulated_hue] When targeting Google Home, listening port has to be port 80
    2018-03-01 23:39:16 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Setup of platform cast is taking over 10 seconds.
    2018-03-01 23:39:16 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player.cast] Can't set up chromecast on 192.168.0.14: Could not connect to 192.168.0.14:8009

Can anyone help please?

What else is going on? is it slow? what recorder database are you using?

It is slow I am using mysql

Here is my configuration:

recorder: db_url: mysql://root:xxxx@localhost/dbname purge_interval: 1 purge_keep_days: 10

I keep getting the following issue as well:

ERROR (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.util] Error executing query: 'latin-1' codec can't encode cha

FYI: I’m on 0.64.2 using msql as well with no recorder errors, just errors for Sonos and Telegram.

Can you please share your recorder configuration ?
Thanks

My db is on a Qnap NAS.

db_url: mysql://hass_db:[email protected]:3306/hass_db?charset=utf8

No purge specified, as the default is 10 and 1.

If you are hosting your db on the same device as HASS, you may want to check the db size.

1 Like

Perfect! That sorts the recorder error out .

How about chromecast issues?

No chromecast errors.

You may get chromecast errors if they are offline.

1 Like

I suggest giving Chromecats static IPs.

I have chromecast Audio working fine with HA it’s just the original chromecast that throws errors when the TV is off and not connected to the WiFi.

I use 4 Chromecast:2original,1 audio and 1 on my old phone that I use for other thing, on phone I have an app (castreceiver) that turn my phone in a cast receiver. All work good except for the app on phone:

Can’t set up chromecast on 192.168.1.86: Could not connect to 192.168.1.86:8009
Any advice?
Hassio 0.64.1

As one said.

Maybe the IP has changed.

Did you specify host/ ip addresses for platform: cast in your config?

What router are you using?

You can do a static assignment on your router, get the MAC address for the chromecast and add it to the routers DHCP Reservation list.

if the reply are for me :slight_smile:, yes, the ip is static, and neither change if i specific or not the address on my config, as i said the other tree works fine.

May be worth a shot to reboot the cc and router.

no, nothing, i start to think it’s a related app problem… :frowning:

Possibly, if you have groups setup in the app.