0.64: Over 1000 integrations! New: HomeKit, BMW, August

![](upload://pGpVvLLXYjOZQMTcovNlx24zga6.png)

🎉 1000 integrations, 1000 integrations, 1000 integrations! 🎉

That’s right, Home Assistant 0.64 is here! In case you have missed our latest Cloud update, the Home Assistant Alexa skill is now live in all regions and we’re working with Google in getting the Smart Home skill for Google Assistant approved. Exciting times!

In the meanwhile, some great new integrations have landed, including yet another car 🚗 This time it’s BMW.

This is going to be the last release that supports Python 3.4. Starting with the next release, the minimum version required will be Python 3.5.3. Learn more here.

HomeKit

Native HomeKit support has arrived! Thanks to @cdce8p It is now possible to expose some devices over HomeKit to allow control via Siri and other things speaking the HomeKit protocol. Initial support has been added for temperature sensors and cover devices. Expect more devices to be added soon.

Check the HomeKit docs

Hass.io UI update

Some of you already noticed that your Hass.io panel looks a bit different since this morning: @pvizeli pressed the red green button and the new UI got live. The Hass.io team (@frenck @ryanm101) is doing a great job in adding new features (like partial or encrypted snapshots) to the Hass.io backend and fixing bugs. However, those features where only added to the command line tools but not to the frontend.

That’s where @c727 and @ciotlosm jumped in. They made new features accessible via the frontend and improved the overall navigation.

We know that some features are still missing or broken, we are fixing this right now! Check this issue first before you report any issues related to the Hass.io panel, please.

Chart.js

The frontend is now rendering the graphs and charts using Chart.js thanks to the hard work by @fanthos. This means that you can now render all the charts without being connected to the internet!

August integration

Major new integration by @snjoetw: August locks and door bells! Lock and unlock from Home Assistant and detect when your doorbell is rung or senses motion. Awesome!

Cast bug fixes

@OttoWinter has crushed a bunch of bugs for our ChromeCast integration. Including that nasy Cast group discovery issue! He is working on some more improvements that should arrive soon, stay tuned. Awesome work Otto!

New Platforms

If you need help…

…don’t hesitate to use our very active forums or join us for a little chat. The release notes have comments enabled but it’s preferred if you use the former communication channels. Thanks.

Reporting Issues

Experiencing issues introduced by this release? Please report them in our issue tracker. Make sure to fill in all fields of the issue template.

Breaking Changes

• Home Assistant now defaults to purge recorded history that is older than 10 days. If you want to keep your recorded data for longer than that, you must configure the number of days to retain before starting 0.64 for the first time, for example:
      recorder:
        purge_keep_days: 30

If you want to keep the previous default of never deleting history, use this configuration:

recorder:
        purge_interval: 0

(@amelchio - #12271) (breaking change)

• Show a persistent_notification if no symbols and no currencies are configured (@ChristianKuehnel - #12252) (sensor.alpha_vantage docs) (breaking change)
  • Updated RainMachine unique IDs to play better with the entity registry. If RainMachine had been configured previously, new entries will be placed into the entity registry, causing there to be two of each program/zone defined. To address, simply alter the entity_registry.yaml as desired. (@bachya - #12315) (switch.rainmachine docs) (breaking change)
  • Updated AirVisual unique IDs to play better with the entity registry. If AirVisual had been configured previously, new entries will be placed into the entity registry, causing there to be two of each sensor type defined. To address, simply alter the entity_registry.yaml as desired. (@bachya - #12319) (sensor.airvisual docs) (breaking change)
  • Custom component devs only: voluptuous now requires default values for config keys to be valid values. (@balloob - #12463) (breaking change)
  • Fixes usps platform. Dependency myusps now leverages Selenium webdriver to overcome login issues. This is a breaking change since the user must now have additional dependencies installed - either google-chrome and chromedriver, or phantomjs. There is a new config option driver that allows the user to specify their preference, though phantomjs is the default. Doc PR forthcoming that will outline choices and make suggestions based on user’s OS. (@happyleavesaoc - #12465) (usps docs) (breaking change)
  • LimitlessLED has been converted to assumed state. Will no longer turn the lights off when restarting Home Assistant. Will no longer revert changes made by other controllers. (@amelchio - #12475) (light.limitlessled docs) (breaking change)

All changes

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://home-assistant.io/blog/2018/02/26/release-64/
2 Likes

thanks for new release!

very minor issue, but is “activity” supposed to be required now for the harmony component? with this config:

platform: harmony
name: living room
host: X.X.X.X

i get this new error in 0.64:

2018-02-25 21:02:23 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Invalid config for
 [remote.harmony]: required key not provided @ data['activity']. Got None. (See 
?, line ?). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/remote
.harmony/

adding an activity line fixes it, but it’s listed as optional in the docs and it worked fine without it prior to 0.64.

1 Like

Thank you so much. Better and Better. ^^

I will try the update this evening.

Got this error with 0.64. This was fine in 0.63.3. This is for the Broadlink RM Mini3.

Error while setting up platform broadlink
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/broadlink/init.py”, line 5, in
from Crypto.Cipher import AES
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/Crypto/Cipher/init.py”, line 3, in
from Crypto.Cipher._mode_ecb import _create_ecb_cipher
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/Crypto/Cipher/_mode_ecb.py”, line 29, in
from Crypto.Util._raw_api import (load_pycryptodome_raw_lib,
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/Crypto/Util/_raw_api.py”, line 32, in
from Crypto.Util.py3compat import byte_string
ImportError: cannot import name ‘byte_string’

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 84, in async_setup
SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 358, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 243, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/switch/broadlink.py”, line 74, in setup_platform
import broadlink
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/broadlink/init.py”, line 7, in
import pyaes
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘pyaes’

Will make a fix for 0.64.1.

1 Like

Congrats for the 1000 milestone!!

I did notice that Harmony remote now requires “activity” but the docs don’t make mention of any breaking change.

All my MQTT motion sensors and switches lag for a second.
Seems like HA needs some time to react on the mqtt payloads.
Back on 0.63.3 everthing is fast again and reacts in milliseconds.
Can someone confirm this?

Did you figure this out? I do have many broadlink devices. Worry update then something goes wrong.

Probably due to https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/12004. However I can’t confirm this :confused: I’ve been using this MQTT patch on my personal server for quite some time now and have not seen something like that happen. Could you post some information about your setup (mosquitto, …) and whether those sensors have topics that have many subscriptions? Thx

Thanks for posting this. I was just about to post the same.

I’ve had similar problem before. Stop HASS and then install pyaes with:

pip install pyaes
pip show pycryptodome
pip uninstall pycryptodome
pip install --upgrade pycryptodome

If there is no pycryptodome on your system try with pycrypto.

@OttoWinter, thanks for your responce.
I’m running HA in a venv on ubuntu, , python 3.6.3, eclipse-mosquitto in a docker container.
There are just a view Sonoffs and NodeMCU’s as motion sensors/switches that send ‘ON’ to different topics. I will test further when i’m at home in the evening and file a new topic/issue if necessary.

MySenors component stoped working:

Testing configuration at /config
ERROR:homeassistant.config:Invalid config for [mysensors]: length of value must be at least 1 for dictionary value @ data['mysensors']['gateways'][0]['topic_in_prefix']. Got None
length of value must be at least 1 for dictionary value @ data['mysensors']['gateways'][0]['topic_out_prefix']. Got None. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 90). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/mysensors/
ERROR:homeassistant.setup:Setup failed for mysensors: Invalid config.
Failed config
  mysensors: 
    gateways: [source /config/configuration.yaml:91]
      - device: 192.168.1.186
        tcp_port: 5003
    optimistic: True
    persistence: True
    retain: True
    version: 2.0

General Errors: 
    - Setup failed for mysensors: Invalid config.

Successful config (partial)
  mysensors:

Hi,
what is the ETA for 0.64.1?

Thanks,
Klaus

Thanks for the report. Will be fixed in 0.64.1

1 Like

Thank you for the new release. However for MySensors I get:

ERROR:homeassistant.config:Invalid config for [mysensors]: length of value must be at least 1 for dictionary value @ data['mysensors']['gateways'][0]['topic_in_prefix']. Got None
length of value must be at least 1 for dictionary value @ data['mysensors']['gateways'][0]['topic_out_prefix']. Got None. (See /home/pi/.homeassistant/configuration.yaml, line 61). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/mysensors/
ERROR:homeassistant.setup:Setup failed for mysensors: Invalid config.
Failed config
  mysensors: 
    gateways: [source /home/pi/.homeassistant/hubs/mysensors.yaml:1]
      - baud_rate: 115200
        device: /dev/ttyUSB0
        persistence_file: /home/pi/.homeassistant/mysensors.json
    optimistic: False
    persistence: True
    version: 1.5

General Errors: 
    - Setup failed for mysensors: Invalid config.

I had the same problem with Mysensors, as a workaround I added this to my gateway config:

topic_in_prefix: 'mygateway1-out'
topic_out_prefix: 'mygateway1-in'

I don’t use the topics but mysensors works again.

Its great, no doubt, but still no BlueTooth support for NUC. I bet Rolls Royce component will be sooner than BT for NUC LOL :rofl:

I had a problem with platform: broadlink, lost all switches.

Super! Thanks.