0.65: Rename entities, new filter sensor, UpCloud and Channels

It looks like there is a state that is storing a Decimal in the state machine. The linked issue is not your issue. Are you using the SQL sensor ? Could you check your startup logs to see if there any other errors and open an issue for that?

How does the Light Group differ from a normal group of lights, if at all?

I question the decision to set the minimum version to 3.5.3, with the current ubuntu LTS only distributing 3.5.2 is there a technical reason for 3.5.3 or was it just chosen

1 Like

just chosen

lol, what do you think?

Just looked through the PR, noticed that it was becuse you decided to go with what debian stable had. Going to have to hold off on this update until the Ubuntu Repos update or when 18.04 is released(the more likley option because of how close it is, Ubuntu wont bother to update repos during this period)

1 Like

3.5.3 comes with https://bugs.python.org/issue28613 which is a big improvement for asyncio. Also, Ubuntu LTS is like 2 years old but have a PPA available to add a newer Python if necessary.

1 Like

Yes, checking the ones at the top of google, they all seem to only package the interpreter not pip or any of the python tools needed to install home assistant

1 Like

I have upgrade to 0.65
google_assistant at entity_config not support type: anymore therefore, many of input_boolean that I use to put type: switch end up with config error. Cannot turn on/off input_boolean anymore.

If this configuration part is in HA side. Please support the type: to be usable in entity_config for google_assitant.

Thank you very much.

You’re approaching this the wrong way. type is a hack and should never have been added. Just because something works doesn’t mean it should be part of Home Assistant. Instead, normal support for input boolean by the OnOff trait should be added which I did here: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/13030

2 Likes

Thank you very much. So I don’t have to put call a by script for each input_boolean. Thank you so much again.

I’m noticing an issue - I’m missing states and other menus on the left only when I enable an http password for HASS. Running on Ubuntu 17.10 with python 3.6. HASS 0.65 - if I disable the http password - all goes to normal.

tts.google_say doesn’t work:
Error executing service
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1010, in _event_to_service_call
yield from service_handler.func(service_call)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/media_player/init.py”, line 402, in async_service_handler
yield from getattr(player, method[‘method’])(**params)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 332, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 250, in _wakeup
future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 245, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/media_player/init.py”, line 693, in play_media
raise NotImplementedError()
NotImplementedError

LimitlessLed V6 white lights brightness no longer working.

Is there a possibility to also return the sensor domain into traits for thermostatTemperatureAmbient and thermostatHumidityAmbient usage for sensors? The pre 0.65 required mapping the entity to climate type however that has been removed.

We can’t. Implementing a Google Assistant trait means you implement all corresponding commands too. There are new traits being added all the time and we will add support as they come out. I wouldn’t be surprised if a sensor trait was on its way. With the new architecture this should be very straightforward to add.

Light groups act just like a real light. You can fun then, set a color, etc

Have you tried setting up a Generic Climate component with your sensor and a placeholder switch? That should work, but I’m not sure and can’t test at the moment.

3 Likes

Im staying on 0.64.3 for the time being as I have a fair about of sensors already exposed for temp and humidity. I’ll have a read up on generic climate but I feel like it will be alot of work arounds to acheive it, perhaps a custom component just to expose sensors with temp and humidity.

edit: Just had a quick read and it might be possible to do a generic per room with a dummy switch as you said. One consideration though is that it only seems to use a single temp sensor. Would be nice to use both a temp and humidity sensor as targets to a single generic thermostat. I might give it a go later.

This might be the device/browser. My iPhone was doing this but now at home on my PC and it’s all good again. (Chrome on iPad as well as desktop)

Seems good here.