0.65: Rename entities, new filter sensor, UpCloud and Channels

I’m noticing an issue - I’m missing states and other menus on the left only when I enable an http password for HASS. Running on Ubuntu 17.10 with python 3.6. HASS 0.65 - if I disable the http password - all goes to normal.

tts.google_say doesn’t work:
Error executing service
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1010, in _event_to_service_call
yield from service_handler.func(service_call)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/media_player/init.py”, line 402, in async_service_handler
yield from getattr(player, method[‘method’])(**params)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 332, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 250, in _wakeup
future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 245, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/media_player/init.py”, line 693, in play_media
raise NotImplementedError()
NotImplementedError

LimitlessLed V6 white lights brightness no longer working.

Is there a possibility to also return the sensor domain into traits for thermostatTemperatureAmbient and thermostatHumidityAmbient usage for sensors? The pre 0.65 required mapping the entity to climate type however that has been removed.

We can’t. Implementing a Google Assistant trait means you implement all corresponding commands too. There are new traits being added all the time and we will add support as they come out. I wouldn’t be surprised if a sensor trait was on its way. With the new architecture this should be very straightforward to add.

Light groups act just like a real light. You can fun then, set a color, etc

Have you tried setting up a Generic Climate component with your sensor and a placeholder switch? That should work, but I’m not sure and can’t test at the moment.

3 Likes

Im staying on 0.64.3 for the time being as I have a fair about of sensors already exposed for temp and humidity. I’ll have a read up on generic climate but I feel like it will be alot of work arounds to acheive it, perhaps a custom component just to expose sensors with temp and humidity.

edit: Just had a quick read and it might be possible to do a generic per room with a dummy switch as you said. One consideration though is that it only seems to use a single temp sensor. Would be nice to use both a temp and humidity sensor as targets to a single generic thermostat. I might give it a go later.

This might be the device/browser. My iPhone was doing this but now at home on my PC and it’s all good again. (Chrome on iPad as well as desktop)

Seems good here.

Good day, I removed the sql sensor, updated to 65.1 and it worked. no errors. I then added the sensor back restarted and got this: “2018-03-10 09:48:49 ERROR (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.util] Error executing query: Object of type ‘Decimal’ is not JSON serializable” and the frontend would not load. removed the sensor again, restarted and all fine.

Same issue here as written. Created on github, so will following further on there.

2018-03-10 16:35:08 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.remote] Error while setting up platform xiaomi_miio
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 82, in async_setup
SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 358, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 243, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 180, in _step
result = coro.send(None)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/coroutines.py”, line 212, in coro
res = func(*args, **kw)
File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/remote/xiaomi_miio.py”, line 77, in async_setup_platform
device = ChuangmiIr(host, token, lazy_discover=False)
TypeError: init() got an unexpected keyword argument ‘lazy_discover’

It’ll probably provide it via another package (eg python3-pip)

5 posts were split to a new topic: How to use the new filter sensor

I have same issue. wunderground is broken…
OK: I figured it out… just get new fixed files from “dev” branch on homeassisant git and replace below files:

homeassistant/utill/ “init.py”
homeassistant/compoenents/sensor/wundeground.py

The same bug affects about 10 other sensors, so just replace the “init.py” and “your broken sensor.py”
until they merge “dev” branch into main and issue an update to HA.

Waiting for the Docker RPi3 image to be updated to 0.65.1. How long does this usually take compared to the „standard“ image homeassistant/home-assistant?

Updated today.

Device tracker using iOS app, is now showing me as ‘not_home’ instead of ‘Away’.
Is this a bug?

@onkytonk: Looks like the device tracker’s state is reported. Maybe a missing customization or localization?

It’s strange though, I haven’t changed anything apart from updating.

How do I get it back to reporting “Away”?

EDIT: Its only showing it this way in the iOS app. It’s working as per normal everywhere else.