0.65: Rename entities, new filter sensor, UpCloud and Channels

Check the logs … post the logs …

Did you accidentally delete/disable frontend: in configuration.yaml?

2018-03-11 14:41:32 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Setting up media_player.cast
2018-03-11 14:41:32 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Setting up media_player.ps4
2018-03-11 14:41:32 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Setting up media_player.vlc
2018-03-11 14:41:33 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Setting up media_player.cast
2018-03-11 14:41:33 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Setting up media_player.lg_netcast
2018-03-11 14:41:35 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player.cast] Can’t set up chromecast on 192.168.1.35: Could not connect to 192.168.1.35:8009
2018-03-11 14:41:35 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Platform cast not ready yet. Retrying in 30 seconds.

nothing wrong in the logs. OMG. I restart 4 times then come back.

Thank you Mr.m0wlheld and Mr.DavidFW1960

Probably because of the chromecast device is offline after 4 time restart then in log say.

Setup of platform cast is taking longer than 60 seconds. Startup will proceed without waiting any longer.
2:43 PM helpers/entity_platform.py (ERROR)

You see, HA dynamically loads updated dependencies upon start. So it could just take more time to get up.

Hi
Having issues with kodi after upgrading to v65
tried 65.1.and 65.2 still same issue
Returned to 64.3 and no issue.

logs below

Sun Mar 11 2018 17:44:53 GMT+1000 (E. Australia Standard Time)

kodi: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/jsonrpc_websocket/jsonrpc.py”, line 117, in wait
yield from self._event.wait()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/locks.py”, line 271, in wait
yield from fut
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 327, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 250, in _wakeup
future.result()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 238, in result
raise CancelledError
concurrent.futures._base.CancelledError

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/jsonrpc_websocket/jsonrpc.py”, line 42, in send_message
response = yield from pending_message.wait(self._timeout)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/jsonrpc_websocket/jsonrpc.py”, line 118, in wait
return self._response
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/async_timeout/init.py”, line 35, in exit
self._do_exit(exc_type)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/async_timeout/init.py”, line 80, in _do_exit
raise asyncio.TimeoutError
concurrent.futures._base.TimeoutError

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 188, in _async_add_entity
await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 325, in async_device_update
yield from self.async_update()
File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/media_player/kodi.py”, line 440, in async_update
‘albumartist’, ‘showtitle’, ‘album’, ‘season’, ‘episode’]
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/jsonrpc_websocket/jsonrpc.py”, line 48, in send_message
raise TransportError(‘Transport Error’, message, exc)
jsonrpc_base.jsonrpc.TransportError: (“Error calling method ‘Player.GetItem’: Transport Error”, TimeoutError())

1 Like

Which will likely not be until June / July.

I’m also slightly annoyed about this decision because the latest LTS version of a major distribution is likely to be widely used for those who care about stability, but I recognise that I can’t expect anyone else to not keep progressing because of my choices.

1 Like

Hi, are here someone with Netatmo Weather Station or Camera and dont they have any double entities?
I have double entities from the beginning of HA version 0.63. Now I am on ver 0.65 and still have double entities.
Also I dont have entities.yaml file in my config directory. Should it be generated by HA automatically?
How do I fix this?

Hey guys

Something has changed in google_assistant after latest release ?? Getting the following error

- Invalid config for [google_assistant]: [type] is an invalid option for [google_assistant]. Check: google_assistant->google_assistant->entity_config->sensor.temperature_158d0001fa985e->type. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 116). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/google_assistant/

Code it refers to

google_assistant:
  project_id: PROJECT
  client_id: ID
  access_token: TOKEN
  agent_user_id: [email protected]
  api_key: KEY
  exposed_domains:
    - switch
    - light
    - group
    - climate
  entity_config:
    sensor.temperature_158d0001fa985e:
      type: climate
      expose: true
      name: Living Room

EDIT: I guess its a breaking change its referring to?

Google Assistant integration: It is no longer possible to override the domain that Home Assistant uses for an entity. This was bound to go wrong when we would test supported features for different domains. Also removed support for disguising temperature sensors as thermostats. We should follow the traits that Google offer us and not offer things that will only work half. (@balloob - #12959) (google_assistant docs) (light docs) (breaking change)

How can we get around it or what do I need to change it to?

Would running HA in a Docker container fix this? Eg it has the right python inside?

Just remove the type: climate and it should works normally.

Yeah it does… I removed the line in exposed_domain and commented out the entire entity_config and HA comes back up… Should I just remove the “type: climate” line and will google still be able to tell me temperature? Is that still achievable?

Yes, use the generic thermostat component

you can check by asking what’s the temperature in the living room

Can anyone confirm of using input_boolean with google_assistant project is still available. I get error cannot connect like Mr. its when he put type: climate in entity_config.

Yes, that is one of the advantages of containerized solutions - everything in the container is installed and at the correct version.

For those looking for a Ubuntu solution I tried a clean install of 16.04 LTS in a LXC container with a PPA install of Python 3.6. Creation of a python virtual environment failed and a regular HA install required any additional python packages to be installed manually with pip. However, I still could not fix all my issue so I tried out 17.10 which worked flawlessly. I am running HA isolated on my home lab with a LXC container in Proxmox so this decision does not impact anything else. However, it seems odd for people to worry about running 17.10 vs. 16.04 LTS when HA is 0.x, you stability is going to be more at risk with HA than a non LTS ubuntu release.

looks like 65.2 fixed the menu/password issue I described above. Thanks for the fix!

Hi there,

i am still on 0.65 experiencing the known issues (weatherunderground and so on) but i still don`t have the update to 0.65.2 available in hassio. Is this normal ? What can i do to check if there is an issue with the update process?

Greetings

It is normal. The images have to be built before they are available. I see 0.65.1 is available now, but now 0.65.3 is out so probably need to wait a bit longer im afraid. Or build it yourself