0.65: Rename entities, new filter sensor, UpCloud and Channels

Two things.

The first is just an observation. I haven’t tried it yet, but I don’t see how the new light group differs from just putting your lights in groups. I have groups configured for my lights and they seem to work exactly like the pictures/description of the new light groups work… I have always had entries in my groups.yaml that look like this:

bedroom_lights:
  name: Bedroom lights
  entities:
    - light.bedroom0
    - light.bedroom1

I can set the colour for all lights by changing the group, etc.

The second thing is that it seems that some information is no longer being passed to my influxdb db and therefore my grafana graphs are not working for everything I’l like to graph. Specifically, sensor.load_15m, sensor.load_1m, sensor.load_5m are not being written to influxdb any longer. My influxdb config is using all the defaults and therefore I only have influxdb: in my configuration.yaml.

Does anyone know why some things would stop writing to influxdb with hass 0.65?

Influx stopped working for me as well. I’m getting the following traceback when HA is setting it up:

2018-03-23 01:57:35 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component influxdb
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 145, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py", line 327, in __iter__
    yield self  # This tells Task to wait for completion.
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 250, in _wakeup
    future.result()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py", line 243, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/opt/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/influxdb.py", line 95, in setup
    from influxdb import InfluxDBClient, exceptions
  File "/opt/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/influxdb/__init__.py", line 9, in <module>
    from .client import InfluxDBClient
  File "/opt/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/influxdb/client.py", line 16, in <module>
    from six.moves import xrange
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'six.moves'; 'six' is not a package

Reverting back to 0.64.3 worked for me :frowning:

Hi,

This may be unrelated to the 0.65 upgrade, but is anyone else having issues with the Dark Sky sensor? I noticed my sensor data was not updating when I was on 065.3 and now that I have upgraded to 065.6 my sensor icons have disappeared from my UI.
I’d appreciate any suggestions for troubleshooting this as I can see any issues in the logs.

My config is as follows:

sensor:
  • platform: darksky
    api_key: hidden
    monitored_conditions:
    • summary
    • icon
    • cloud_cover
    • wind_speed
    • apparent_temperature
    • precip_intensity

Mine are working fine.

@finity - thanks - that’s good to know I’ll keep checking at my end. My next guess is maybe I’m making too many calls and am blocked at the DarkSky end. I’ll investigate…

@toomanylogins

The missing icons could just be that you need to clear your browser cache. That’s solved a lot of “missing” things for me.

@finity

Thanks for the suggestion. I remembered that I also enabled the PiHole Hassio add on recently. Running this on Hassio seems to cause this issue while running PiHole on a different host works fine. At least I know what I need to troubleshoot now!!

Same here. Though only the brightness for ‘white’ lights are not responding. The ‘RGBWW’ still work fine.
Then, brightness can be changed through the MiLight app directly.

Anyone?