0.65: Rename entities, new filter sensor, UpCloud and Channels

Same issue trying to update 65.3 to 65.4 on PI 3 panic: interface conversion: interface is nil, not string

**Update now working deleted some snapshots maybe disk space or just internet issues ? **

Canā€™t get Netatmo to work on 0.65. It keeps coming up with an invalid config but nothing changed in my config since 0.64 regarding Netatmo. Ideas? Or is this a 0.65 bug?

Hi, Efergy instant readings is not working anymore. error is:
Could not update status for Energy Usage
9:04 PM components/sensor/efergy.py (WARNING).

However the other Energy sensors like sensor.energy_consumed, sensor.energy_cost are working. Only the sensor.energy_usage does not work. Any ideas? Thanks

How does rename entity work?

The name field is a friendly_name field not entity_id

?

Renaming an entity using the new UI state dialog is - to my knowledge - only possible for entities that have been added to the entity registry. In my case, itā€™s the Hue light bulbs.

The entered new name is added as ā€œnameā€ attribute to an entry of the entity registry. The text can still be overriden by a friendly_name attribute in customize.yaml.

I modified the entuty_registry, for a hue bulb, name field, this changes only the friendly name
So thus is wrong?

Where is this new UI where you can change the entity_id?

Since upgrading from 0.64 to 0.65.3 my log is flooded with Telegram errors. I get this message 5 or 6 times a minute

2018-03-15 07:19:31 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.telegram_bot.polling] wrong status 409

Iā€™m using polling now and I donā€™t see that errors in my log. Now that youā€™ve mentioned it, I recall I did see such errors in earlier version. I guess thatā€™s why I moved to webhooks.

I use ha 0.65.5 on hassbian and raspbian. just install telegram polling yesterday and it works so fine.

Mine is just try to use telegram bot from Mr. masterkenobi share

Sorry I lost track of this issue

This is my current config

google_assistant:
  project_id: homeassistant
  client_id: CLIENTID
  access_token: TOKEN
  agent_user_id: [email protected]
  api_key: APIKEY
  exposed_domains:
    - switch
    - light
    - group
  entity_config:
    sensor.temperature_158d0001fa985e:
      expose: true
      name: Living Room
    sensor.temperature_158d0001fa9917:
      name: Bedroom

Is this correct? When I type/do the following on Google Assistant via app ā€œsync my devicesā€ it replies ā€œAn error occured while syncing my test appā€

Also when I say ā€œWhat is my bedroom temperatureā€

It says ā€œSorry I am unable to reach bedroom right nowā€ā€¦

I can see the API connection making a call

2018-03-20 11:44:08 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.http.view] Serving /api/google_assistant to 66.249.82.137 (auth: False)

The IP being a google proxyā€¦

So is the setup correct or I need to make changes since 0.65 ???

google assistant component is not support sensor domain but support climate domain. By putting some domain that not support by google assistant will cause account link failed or end up with see no devices in your google assistant app. Try putting only support domain for google assistant. each domain that you put in google assistant app. You also need to put in entity_config for that specific devices.

Currently, the following domains are available to be used with Google Assistant, listed with their default types:

group (on/off)
input boolean (on/off)
scene (on)
script (on)
switch (on/off)
fan (on/off)
light (on/off/brightness/rgb color/color temp)
cover (on/off/set position (via set brightness))
media_player (on/off/set volume (via set brightness))
climate (temperature setting)

I leave input_boolean away as well. As putting in input_boolean, google assistant can not discover input_boolean anyway.

Same here, running 0.65.5 now and still the same problem. Nothing in the logs suggesting itā€™s not working

edit released people may think Iā€™m referring to the google assistant problem, Iā€™m actually referring to the Yeelight problem mentioned by @brahmafear

I downgraded to 0.64.3 and itā€™s working fine again.

Thanksā€¦ What would I need to change in my above code to make it climate? Something like?

google_assistant:
  exposed_domains:
    - switch
    - light
    - group
    - climate
  entity_config:
    climate.temperature_158d0001fa985e:
    climate.temperature_158d0001fa9917:

Must be something else as how will the sensors tie to climate?

This is what home assistant support under climate component

The Google Assistant component does not support temperature sensors. Weā€™re still waiting for Google to add support for this. In the meanwhile, you can configure a generic thermostat to have Google Assistant read your temperature sensor.

What should be the heater: in this case? create fake switch or something?

climate:
  - platform: generic_thermostat
    name: Study
    heater: switch.study_heater
    target_sensor: sensor.study_temperature

Anyone having a complete example will be really helpfulā€¦

Have done the following but google assistant still doesnā€™t like it

google_assistant:
  exposed_domains:
    - switch
    - light
    - group
    - climate
  entity_config:
    switch.living_room:
      name: Living Room Temperature
    switch.second_bedroom:
      name: Bedroom Temperature

climate:
    heater: switch.living_room
    target_sensor: sensor.temperature_158d0001fa985e
    heater: switch.second_bedroom
    target_sensor: sensor.temperature_158d0001fa9917

After update to 65.5, my Lifx bulbs are gone. I canā€™t see them in the dev states tab and there are no errors in my log concerning Lifx. Sort of stuck on where to look to for a fix.

Could be related to the Yellight problem a few of us are having?

For anyone wondering about the easiest way to this release of HA running on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, this is the way I upgraded Python to make it work.

python3 --version # 16.04 LTS is Python 3.5.2
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jonathonf/python-3.5
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt upgrade
python3 --version # Python 3.5.3+

Use at your own risk, compile it from source using one of various tutorials or wait until 18.04 LTS. :smiley: