0.85: ESPHome, Plum Lightpad, OpenSenseMap

See this Post

But if that (initial_state: true) is not there then they will (should…) maintain their current state thru restarts. At least that was the promise after implementing the new storage system.

I’m curious about that behavior, when would a default initial state set to false make sense? Also, it’s the first time I’m seeing this, and I’ve been using HA for longer than 0.83.

First time I had seen it too, however I did a double reboot and the second was before Hass was able to fully load, so the automations never initialized and then the system rebooted and then they stayed off.

I also had not put the initial state true, but did it and then it’s all fixed.

And, I can think of cases where I want automations to be triggered certain times only; e.g. instead of having a “guests present” boolean, now I can just enable/disable the automations.

If you always want your automations to be in a certain state when you restart HA or reload your automations then you should use initial_state. Otherwise if you want them to maintain the same state thru restarts then don’t use it.

The reason it went screwy now is because there is a new storage implementation that caused the states of the automations to be lost on moving to v85. Supposedly since that change they are supposed to maintain their states thru restarts/reloads. If they are loosing their states now then maybe there is a bug.

See this Post here for clarification.

Is there a problem with xiaomi on 0.85? I have issues with everything:

Got exception while fetching the state: Unable to discover the device IP_HERE

I checked the component configuration and everything look good…

Trying to upgrade from 0.85 to 0.85.1

Stuck with this. Anyone has the same issues? I tried twice the same result.

Is HA actually running?

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

unable to upgrade to 0.85.1
docker pull kept pointing to 0.85.0 and saying my image is upto date

Apparently the “latest” version tag wasn’t updated to 0.85.1 yet. You can always reference an specific version, and get back to latest when they update it:

That’s what I run to get the latest version:
docker pull homeassistant/home-assistant:0.85.1

2 Likes

Anyone else having issues with the envisalink component?

I’m getting an “Invalid Config” error. It worked before and I don’t see any breaking changes on that component.

1 Like

Thanks. That worked.

Did you use HassOS?
You may have an old configuration file somewhere?
Regarding systemmonitor, since_last_boot has been removed.

No, the HA seems to be stuck somewhere that is not running. Cleared by browser cache etc, but still doesn’t work. I unplug the cable and plug it back in everything runs back to 0.85.0. Anyway I can do manual updates or seeing the log via ssh?

I am having issues with Xiaomi, mitemp_bt devices. Keep saying timeout etc. Doesn’t happen back in 0.84.6

They got rid of since_last_boot

All you z-wave people with issues, have you logged or seen if your issue has been raised on GitHub? i saw one raised but it could be different for you. https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/19903
So i would suggest adding your problem if it’s the same or create a new one.

The information found in this link fixed my issue. Thank you all for the help. I am now happily running version 0.85.1 of HomeAssistant on my Raspberry Pi. My only issue now is that I cannot figure out how to use a scene to turn off Light_A and turn on Light_B and Light_C (but only if the sun is below the horizon). Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Installed version 0.85.1 but HomeKit controller did not start, because not all requirement were met. Also manual installation of new HomeKit controller resulted in error.

Jan 15 00:10:10 osmc hass[1544]: 2019-01-15 00:10:10 ERROR (Thread-22) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package homekit==0.12.0: Command “python setup.py egg_info” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-khisfyck/homekit/
Jan 15 00:10:10 osmc hass[1544]: 2019-01-15 00:10:10 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.requirements] Not initializing homekit_controller because could not install requirement homekit==0.12.0
Jan 15 00:10:10 osmc hass[1544]: 2019-01-15 00:10:10 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for homekit_controller: Could not install all requirements.
J

Back to version 0.84.6

Please post an issue on github so it gets fixed.