0.85: ESPHome, Plum Lightpad, OpenSenseMap

unable to upgrade to 0.85.1
docker pull kept pointing to 0.85.0 and saying my image is upto date

Apparently the “latest” version tag wasn’t updated to 0.85.1 yet. You can always reference an specific version, and get back to latest when they update it:

That’s what I run to get the latest version:
docker pull homeassistant/home-assistant:0.85.1

2 Likes

Anyone else having issues with the envisalink component?

I’m getting an “Invalid Config” error. It worked before and I don’t see any breaking changes on that component.

1 Like

Thanks. That worked.

Did you use HassOS?
You may have an old configuration file somewhere?
Regarding systemmonitor, since_last_boot has been removed.

No, the HA seems to be stuck somewhere that is not running. Cleared by browser cache etc, but still doesn’t work. I unplug the cable and plug it back in everything runs back to 0.85.0. Anyway I can do manual updates or seeing the log via ssh?

I am having issues with Xiaomi, mitemp_bt devices. Keep saying timeout etc. Doesn’t happen back in 0.84.6

They got rid of since_last_boot

All you z-wave people with issues, have you logged or seen if your issue has been raised on GitHub? i saw one raised but it could be different for you. https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/19903
So i would suggest adding your problem if it’s the same or create a new one.

The information found in this link fixed my issue. Thank you all for the help. I am now happily running version 0.85.1 of HomeAssistant on my Raspberry Pi. My only issue now is that I cannot figure out how to use a scene to turn off Light_A and turn on Light_B and Light_C (but only if the sun is below the horizon). Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Installed version 0.85.1 but HomeKit controller did not start, because not all requirement were met. Also manual installation of new HomeKit controller resulted in error.

Jan 15 00:10:10 osmc hass[1544]: 2019-01-15 00:10:10 ERROR (Thread-22) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package homekit==0.12.0: Command “python setup.py egg_info” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-khisfyck/homekit/
Jan 15 00:10:10 osmc hass[1544]: 2019-01-15 00:10:10 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.requirements] Not initializing homekit_controller because could not install requirement homekit==0.12.0
Jan 15 00:10:10 osmc hass[1544]: 2019-01-15 00:10:10 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for homekit_controller: Could not install all requirements.
J

Back to version 0.84.6

Please post an issue on github so it gets fixed.

Not here. Open a new thread please.

Yes sir. Sorry about that. I appreciate all of the help that occurs in this blog/forum.

Update error massgae:

python-jose-cryptodome 1.3.2 has requirement pycryptodome<3.4.0,>=3.3.1, but you’ll have pycryptodome 3.4.11 which is incompatible.
locationsharinglib 3.0.9 has requirement requests~=2.20.1, but you’ll have requests 2.21.0 which is incompatible.

How can I fix it?
Please help me.

Andy, I think this one has been removed between 83 and now. Check the component documentation.

I just updated to 0.85.1 and it seems that all internet connections are not working any longer (internal connection via MQTT and local network is possible):

2019-01-16 01:03:58 ERROR (SyncWorker_10) [homeassistant.components.weather.openweathermap] Exception when calling OWM web API to update data
2019-01-16 01:04:36 ERROR (SyncWorker_8) [homeassistant.components.sensor.rest] Error fetching data: <PreparedRequest [GET]> from http: 
 failed with HTTPConnectionPool(host=‘
’, port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /wetter.htm (Caused by NewConnectionError(‘<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x6e3e53f0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again’,))
2019-01-16 01:05:27 ERROR (SyncWorker_16) [homeassistant.components.sensor.dwd_weather_warnings] Unable to fetch data from DWD-Weather-Warnings

I use Hassio 142 on raspberry pi and HA 0.85.1. I neither changed anything in my config nor can I find a breaking change, which could cause this strange behaviour. Has anybody an idea??

Maybe the hassio container DNS is not working. I saw some thread talking about it

Updated from 0.84.6 to 0.85.1 and HA stopped working. Gets stuck on startup with
„WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of sensor is taking over 10 seconds.“

Downgraded to 0.84.6 again to keep HA working.

Yeah that’ll help diagnosing the problem you are having.

thats common on startup for as long as I’ve had HA (over a year) so nothing serious to worry about
 you probably just needed to wait longer