0.89.1 issue

Hi,

very strange issue.
upgrade to 0.89.1 and everything worked, changed something on my config and…frontend is not loading anymore.
I had a full SD backup to 0.87.1 and put it in: working, then upgrade again to 0.89.1 and…not working.

I restored to last working configuration, restarted HASS and…again front end not loading.

not sure how i can debug this…any help?

Check the log

Did you by change enable cast/Chromecast/Google Home devices? After I connected my Google Home and Chromecast devices, the frontend never showed up again after restart, and the logs were pretty uninformative. After one rebuild of the whole system, and having the same result, I started doing some more research, and stumbled upon some posts.

I followed the post found here, and after that and a restart of the whole server, I had my frontend show up again:

No, nothing Google releated: did some changes on Lovelace GUI by the GUI itself.
I do not think is releated to this as the backup didn’t have those changes and once upgraded to 0.89.1 presented the same issue.

Also looks to not be releated to my config files as rolling back to a known working config has the same issue :frowning:

How can I do that?

Check the home-assistant.log in your config folder :slight_smile:

Any idea what should I look :eyes: for?

I had things that appeared to work that broke this morning when I cleared the cache on my Chrome browser.

Chrome was using some cached components that masked the errors.

Tried safari, Firefox and Chrome…also iOS app and safari on iPhone…nothing

If you check the log shortly after restart, it shouldn’t be much information there. Check for errors first at least.

So the only abnormal thing is this

2019-03-10 16:41:41 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder] Ended unfinished session (id=330 from 2019-03-10 14:40:41)

Other errors are about netatmo camera which shouldn’t be an issue.
Also I am still using legacy password but again…it was working shouldn’t be an issue

Ideas?
The above could be the issue though: my DB is not local but on a NAS hence could influence both original and backup version of HA…

so suspecting a DB corruption i deleted DB and removed from configuration:

• hystory
  • logbook
  • influxDB

DB has been regenerated correctly (using MariaDB) but still GUI not loaded
This is my full log (ESPHome complains should he expected, isn’t it @OttoWinter ?)

Any ideas?

2019-03-10 18:27:36 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for alexa_media which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2019-03-10 18:27:37 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.http] legacy_api_password support has been enabled. If you don't require it, remove the 'api_password' from your http config.
2019-03-10 18:27:41 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Database is about to upgrade. Schema version: None
2019-03-10 18:27:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for rpi_power which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2019-03-10 18:27:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for rpi_power.sensor which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2019-03-10 18:27:42 WARNING (MainThread) [pyvlx] Connecting to KLF 200.
2019-03-10 18:27:46 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for alexa_media.media_player which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2019-03-10 18:27:47 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 239, in _step
    result = coro.send(None)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 344, in _async_add_entity
    raise HomeAssistantError(msg)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: binary_sensor.sonoff_deumidificatore_status. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
2019-03-10 18:27:47 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
    result = coro.send(None)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 344, in _async_add_entity
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: binary_sensor.deumidificatore_bagno_toggle_button. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
    result = coro.send(None)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: switch.deumidificatore_restart. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
    result = coro.send(None)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: switch.deumidificatore_bagno_relay. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
    result = coro.send(None)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: light.sonoff_deumidificatore_led. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
    result = coro.send(None)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: sensor.deumidificatore_bagno_wifi_signal_sensor. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
    result = coro.send(None)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: binary_sensor.switch_led_camino_button. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
    result = coro.send(None)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: binary_sensor.switch_led_camino_status. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
    result = coro.send(None)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: switch.switch_led_camino_restart. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
    result = coro.send(None)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: switch.switch_led_camino. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
    result = coro.send(None)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: light.switch_led_camino_blue_led. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
    result = coro.send(None)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: sensor.switch_led_camino_wifi_signal_sensor. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
    result = coro.send(None)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: binary_sensor.switch_cucina_status. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
    result = coro.send(None)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: binary_sensor.switch_cucina_button. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
    result = coro.send(None)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: switch.switch_muro_cucina_restart. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
    result = coro.send(None)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: switch.switch_cucina. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
    result = coro.send(None)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: light.switch_cucina_blue_led. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
    result = coro.send(None)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: sensor.switch_cucina_wifi_signal_sensor. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
    result = coro.send(None)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: binary_sensor.switch_studio_rose_button. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
    result = coro.send(None)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: binary_sensor.switch_studio_rose_status. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
    result = coro.send(None)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: switch.switch_studio_rose_restart. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
    result = coro.send(None)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: light.luce_studio_rose. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
    result = coro.send(None)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: light.switch_studio_rose_blue_led. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
    result = coro.send(None)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: sensor.switch_studio_rose_wifi_signal_sensor. Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs
2019-03-10 18:27:52 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of velux is taking over 10 seconds.
2019-03-10 18:28:43 WARNING (MainThread) [pyvlx] Connecting to KLF 200.

another interesting i see is on my RPI3B+ port 8123 is not available if i scan for port (22 for ssh is, other ports for influx/grafana/etc… are).

I really can’t understand what is going on

Well… in contrast to what you wrote before you’ve got plenty of errors. I would start by taking the log seriously and (temporary) disable the custom components. I also suggest to read the breaking changes.

so issue found: disabled the Velux component and now it works.

No idea why…I will open an issue on GitHub

issue opened on GitHub: cleared all errors present in the log as @sjee suggested but nothing changed.
Still if I enable Velux component HA doesn’t start correctly even if no clear error log appear: Front End does not start, port 8123 is not open.

Issue is replicable as soon as I re-enable Velux component

still trying to dig on this issue but I am stucked: any suggestion?

Hi,
This may not be helpful at all, but most of your errors say that
Entity id already exists: blablablabla Platform esphome does not generate unique IDs

Which means to me, that esphome tries to register a switch or sensor name more then once. Then HA blocks that entity, and the velux component would need that entity…
So I do not think that the problem is with your velux component, that is just the consequence of the errors.

another idea that comes to mind is that your “velux klf 200” is actually esp8266 switching some relays on and off. So maybe you should not use the velux component but the esphome component…

But I may as well be wrong.
cheers
tom

Hi @towme,

i removed the errors you are mentioning about ESPHOME but still Velux error has been there.
Velux is not based on ESP8266 or ESP32 though.

Anyway i sorted it out rebooting velux hub which is a bit dodgy considering a hub can block HASS completely