0.90: Remote UI, Streams, User Groups

Super exciting to see the remote UI and be able to get rid of duckdns and port forwarding! How will this work with components that need the duckdns url like Spotify / Dropbox Hassio add on etc - does this other url work the same?

Awesome!! Thanks Kees!

1 Like

should work, just change the url

:tada: Great work, EVERYONE :tada:

5 Likes

i am wonderting if you can choose the prefix of the remote url :slight_smile:

or will it be generated and a verry long string?

17 posts were split to a new topic: How can I disable the cloud component?

VS Code Extension with entity auto complete! :open_mouth::heart:

3 Likes

Just used the VS Code extension and it’s a much appreciated addition. Excellent work Kees!

Congratulations to all 0.90 contributors. Fantastic additions and improvements!

I see from Breaking Changes that the MQTT integration continues to evolve and 0.90 may break my custom component (if not in 0.90 then in 0.91). No problem; I’ll adapt. I appreciate the attention it’s receiving and all the efforts to improve it.

Nice release, love the groups even it’s not security yet. But there are tons of new platforms in the pipe on github that are waiting to be integrated and seems team is not focusing on this. Sad we have to use custom components when it could be part of the hass thing :confused:

So is this the same as the 0.90.0b7 release? Seems to be the last I can download, I have tried it 10 minutes ago to update it. If so, then unfortunately the Tado Component is still broken for me.

Edit: only device tracking though.

wow, downer :frowning:

2 Likes

No this is not a real complain. I mean, this is true but i guess team knows better than me what’s important to hass. And as said we can still use custom components !

… or a misunderstanding of the review process for new components/platforms.

The “team” provides guidance/feedback/corrections for a submission but it’s ultimately up to the contributor to keep the process moving forward. There are many Pull Requests that are idling not because of lack of oversight by the “team” but because the contributor has other things to do (or has lost interest).

4 Likes

And there were still nine new platforms included in this release…

You mean that if i had a PR ready for review i should ask anyone from team to get an eye on it ? I mean there’s on the github a process to make a PR as WIP or not. When PR is no more in WIP any team member should review/RFC/validate no ?

With the new stream service, is it possible to view the stream in the Lovelace UI (on click at least?)

Yup it will load the stream in the browser when you go to the more info panel, there is a new player with some controls. Only works on supported camera platforms.

Great, thanks for the answer. Looking forward to checking it out when I get home.

Yup as long as you have a standard RTSP stream it should work, not all cameras work now. For example my reolinks don’t work but my amcrest cameras do. Amcrest is also supported but you need to be using the standard RTSP port, if you are not using the standard RTSP port then set it up as a Generic camera for this release.

kind of my point, although made more constructively.

I jumped on @SNoof85 a little unfairly (they’ve since explained their comment) but we have some great, FREE, software here. Mostly provided by people giving up their spare time. There are faults, and it’s disappointing when an update you want doesn’t make the cut, or breaking changes affect your config. But I’m amazed at what I get for nothing more than a bit of effort configuring it, when I think of the cost of commercial software I’ve bought in the past.

Rant over, shouldn’t post several rum and cokes into the evening.

2 Likes