How can I disable the cloud component?

For those of us who do not use the cloud service, is there any way to hide it from the Lovelace configuration interface? I do not need to be reminded that I chose a different path.

1 Like

Not sure what you’re referencing. Do you have more details?

This (on 0.89.2)

remove cloud: from your configuration.

4 Likes

just remove cloud: form your config

Oh, that’s not lovelace related. It’s a setting in the configuration page and won’t be hidden. (without removing cloud: from configuration.yaml)

While you could usually remove it by simply removing cloud from your config, it’s not quite so simple if you have a newer config that uses default_config. In that case, you’d have to remove default_config and go about adding all of these back (except cloud, obviously).

Update: The list for default_config is now in the dependencies of the manifest.json.

3 Likes

The only lines in my configuration with cloud refer to weather conditions.

Where is this documented especially for new users? This is likely my issue since cloud: is not in my configuration.

here :

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/blob/dev/homeassistant/components/default_config/init.py

1 Like

You are looking in your configuration.yaml?
https://www.home-assistant.io/components/cloud/

I think there should be a customization doc for semi-new users listing all these “secret handshakes” :wink:

Yes. I searched with configurator I do have default_config: though.

then you need to disable or remove that line, and add all stuff manually what you want

Maybe come over to discord where there is better back and forth. https://discord.gg/u3x9z6d

Edit: expired link now not expired

I see what I need to do now. I just would like to make it easier for others in the future.
Thanks for your assistance. I will make those changes this evening.

I will likely eventually join but the invite is invalid. :frowning:

UPDATE:

Thanks, all I found several “default_config” entries already in my config.yaml. After deleting them & commenting out the cloud component I was able to remove that item.

1 Like

A bit off topic but not totally:

On a good day the clouds will disappear and the sun shine with a nice blue sky…

And that is the reason I like Home Assistant, nothing needs to be done in the cloud, you can do (almost) everything local. And if this (not so) good day comes that the clouds (providers) disappears, Home Assistant will still work!

1 Like

As already mentioned, one way to remove the Home Assistant Cloud menu is to manually prescribe the necessary Default Config components via ‘config:’ in configuration.yaml, the second is to edit the manifest.json file of the default_config component.
Here I’m talking about the second option. This is not the laziest way, surely knowledgeable people will do it better and faster. And, unfortunately, this has to be repeated every time you update HA. Also, this method is only suitable for those who use ha in docker by default with a standard installation.

On the ssh command line:
sudo docker exec -it $(sudo docker ps -aqf "name=^homeassistant$" |awk '{print $1}') bash

// we are already in the right container and can execute the commands we need
cd /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/default_config
vi manifest.json

// VI specific text editor…
// PRESS ‘i’
// Edit the file removing the line with ’ “cloud”, ’
// PRESS ‘esc’
// PRESS ‘Page Down’ and PRESS ‘end’
// WRITE (without quotes) ‘:wq’
// PRESS ‘inter’
// Check the result of changes in the file (optional)

vi manifest.json

// Restart core HA

Until you update home assistant.