0.92: HEOS, Somfy MyLink, Genius Hub

![](upload://vwIrZBTb0jacbe26OsxBQXuDFeD.png)

It’s time for the 0.92 release. We took a week extra for this release, because we have been very busy in changing how we load everything under the hood. Our new standard for integrations will help us in the future to streamline development, release notes, documentation and updates. If you want to know what we’re up to, or if you maintain custom components, check out our developer blog: Introducing integrations.

Lovelace streams cameras!

This release continues to improve on our new camera streaming feature released with Home Assistant 0.90. This release adds support to Lovelace to show camera streams as part of your cards. Support has been aded to picture glance, picture entity and picture element cards. Just add camera_view: live to the configuration. Be careful showing live streams on mobile, camera streams can use a lot of data. We are exploring being able to add a mode to only show the streams on desktop.

HEOS integration

The HEOS integration adds support for HEOS capable products, such as speakers, amps, and receivers (Denon and Marantz) into Home Assistant. The features include controlling players, viewing playing media info, selecting the source from physical inputs and HEOS favorites, and more. We have established a relationship with the lead architect for the HEOS API and look forward to adding more features through this collaboration. Thanks to @easink for the initial contribution.

Finally, if you are still receiving a message that your configuration contains extra keys, this is the last release that this will be a warning. In the next release this will treated as invalid config for that integration.

New Integrations

New Platforms

If you need help…

…don’t hesitate to use our very active forums or join us for a little chat. The release notes have comments enabled but it’s preferred if you use the former communication channels. Thanks.

Reporting Issues

Experiencing issues introduced by this release? Please report them in our issue tracker. Make sure to fill in all fields of the issue template.

Breaking Changes

• Google Assistant - You will now have to say a pin code before being able to control locks, doors and garage doors. You can set this pin in configuration -> cloud or, for manual installs, add secure_devices_pin to your config. (@balloob - #23223) (cloud docs) (google_assistant docs) (breaking change) (beta fix)
  • Google Assistant - Migrate light setting trait to use HSV color spectrum. If you have lights with colors, please run a Google Assistant SYNC after you update to this version. It will result in improved color representation. (@balloob - #22980) (google_assistant docs)
  • Lightwave - Lightwave configuration was not properly validated before but it is now. This can cause invalid configurations to finally be flagged as such. (@amelchio - #22576) (lightwave docs)
  • Amcrest - Remove Build Date, Version and Serial Number attributes from sensors. These values do not change during the life of the device and are not appropriate for state attributes. (@pnbruckner - #22418) (amcrest docs)
  • Insteon - Placeholders that forwarded users from insteon_plm and insteon_local to insteon component have been removed. (@balloob - #22710)
  • Logi Circle - This is a breaking change to the Logi Circle integration which migrates from Logitech’s private API to their public API.
    • Authentication with Logi Circle’s API is now performed using an authorization code grant, and is managed by the Integrations page. It’s no longer possible to authenticate with a username and password directly. Please remove any existing configuration for the logi_circle integration and follow the directions here to configure the logi_circle integration with at least a client_id, client_secret, api_key and redirect_uri.
    • Logi Circle camera and sensor entities are now auto-discovered once the integration is authenticated. Users should remove the logi_circle integration from camera and sensor platforms as this is no longer supported.
    • Logi Circle services have been moved from the camera domain to the logi_circle domain

Please check the documentation for further details. (@evanjd - #20624) (logi_circle docs)

• Introduction - The introduction integration has been removed. It used to be part of the initially created configuration but no longer served a purpose. (@balloob - #22944) (introduction docs)
  • media_player - The media_player component will now guard against calling services that are not supported by the entity. This means that if you attempt to invoke media_player.turn_on, but the entity does not indicate it can be turned on through supported_features, the service will not be called and will not log any message. This is a breaking change as in the past it would have called the turn_on implementation. There may be platforms that do not properly set supported_features which may result in service calls not being invoked where they would have previously.(@andrewsayre - #22878) (media_player docs)
  • Load requirements and dependencies from manifests - Developers - Setup entity platform will set up its component now despite DEPENDENCIES. (@rohankapoorcom - #22717)
  • Satel Integra - The component now supports multiple partitions and this required a configuration change. Instead of a single parameters partition and single_home_mode there are now section partitions. Please see the documentation for further details. (@c-soft - #21992) (satel_integra docs) (new-platform)
  • MQTT - MQTT discovery will not longer implicitly set state_topic except for mqtt.alarm_control_panel, mqtt.binary_sensor and mqtt.sensor. (@emontnemery - #22998) (mqtt docs)
  • Android TV - This will change the unique_id used to identify Android TV devices. As a result, users may find that the entity ID’s of their androidtv media players have changed. This can be resolved by going to Configuration > Entity Registry and deleting those entries, then restarting HA. (Note: Fire TV devices are not affected.)(@JeffLIrion - #22996) (androidtv docs)
  • Google TTS - The google tts platform has changed to google_translate. Default configs will be migrated to the new platform during 0.92 startup. A manual update will be required if the user has changed default tts or is loading the tts configuration from another location. (@awarecan - #23090) (google docs) (google_translate docs) (tts docs) (new-integration)
  • Fibaro - There was a potential unique ID collision which caused problems for some users, as scenes and devices were enumerated separately, so the same ID could be assigned if they were unnamed. The unique ID generation has been changed to avoid this, which is a breaking change with regard to scenes. (@pbalogh77 - #22987) (fibaro docs)

Beta Fixes

All changes

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2019/04/24/release-92/
3 Likes

Just a reminder, we will automatically migrate your configuration.yaml to minimize the impact of naming change of google_translate tts for most users. However this is a one-way migration, if you downgrade your instance for any reason, you might break your configuration. So, please backup before upgrade/downgrade.

5 Likes

Hmhmm, getting a lot of errors here and frontend won’t load after upgrading from 91.4 to 92. (Using HA Docker Container)

LOG: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArI9vNSW-Kn8lMQ_8BccvYUtYys9AA

We are not mind readers. If you have logs, produce them!

no update for me yet

No reason to get harsh right away! I had a log, but it didn’t immediately attached it. Look my first post.

I could have sworn your link to the log wasn’t there when I posted!

NO update coming through - should I push it via SSH?

What are you running? hass.io takes a while before it has images available.

Lots of network connection and/or DNS error. You have some network issue in your container.

After the update I have an issue with hadockermon and missing services.yaml even that I created an empty one:
Integration hadockermon not found when trying to verify its switch platform.
2019-04-25 09:22:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.service] Unable to find services.yaml for the custom_updater integration

0.91.4 from the info panel

Sorry i meant hassio? Hassbian? linux general install to venv?

It just a warning, you can ignore it for now. The custom component custom_updater need to update in order to meet our new requirement.

1 Like

@nickrout Sorry here … should have been more specific. Armbrian on Odroid XU4 (https://www.armbian.com/odroid-xu4/) then pulled the image down from Github (https://github.com/home-assistant/hassio-installer)

Probably just the usual delay of building the hassio images :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just upgraded this morning from 91.2 to 92 and have a few errors in the log.

Unable to find services.yaml for the custom_updater integration

And if I check configuration I get:

Integration icloud3 not found when trying to verify its device_tracker platform

Guess i need to read over the breaking changes to see whats happening.

This might be a hack, but simply create an empty services.yaml in <config>/custom_components/, and the warnings for custom_updater and other custom components (variable for me) are gone.

there wont be any references of breaking changes of custom component.

Panic here!
After update I get only the lines below in the log, after that everything freezes. I can’t see that anything happens “behind the scenes” either using a ps -ef.

Running a Hassbian install.

Apr 25 11:40:14 hassbian systemd[1]: Started Home Assistant.
Apr 25 11:40:17 hassbian hass[1845]: 2019-04-25 11:40:17 INFO (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.config] Upgrading configuration directory from 0.91.4 to 0.92.0
Apr 25 11:40:17 hassbian hass[1845]: 2019-04-25 11:40:17 INFO (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.config] Migrating google tts to google_translate tts
Apr 25 11:40:17 hassbian hass[1845]: Config directory: /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant