It’s time for the 0.92 release. We took a week extra for this release, because we have been very busy in changing how we load everything under the hood. Our new standard for integrations will help us in the future to streamline development, release notes, documentation and updates. If you want to know what we’re up to, or if you maintain custom components, check out our developer blog: Introducing integrations.
This release continues to improve on our new camera streaming feature released with Home Assistant 0.90. This release adds support to Lovelace to show camera streams as part of your cards. Support has been aded to picture glance, picture entity and picture element cards. Just add
camera_view: live to the configuration. Be careful showing live streams on mobile, camera streams can use a lot of data. We are exploring being able to add a mode to only show the streams on desktop.
The HEOS integration adds support for HEOS capable products, such as speakers, amps, and receivers (Denon and Marantz) into Home Assistant. The features include controlling players, viewing playing media info, selecting the source from physical inputs and HEOS favorites, and more. We have established a relationship with the lead architect for the HEOS API and look forward to adding more features through this collaboration. Thanks to @easink for the initial contribution.
Finally, if you are still receiving a message that your configuration contains extra keys, this is the last release that this will be a warning. In the next release this will treated as invalid config for that integration.
- Add HEOS media player component (@easink, @andrewsayre - #21721, #23222, #22517, #22554, #22592, #22652, #22903, #22913, #23063, #23222)
- Add N26 component (@markusressel - #22684) (n26 docs) (new-integration) (new-platform)
- Add Somfy MyLink support for Covers (@bendews - #22514) (somfy_mylink docs) (new-integration) (new-platform)
- Instituto Geográfico Nacional Sismología (Earthquakes) Feed platform (@exxamalte - #22696) (ign_sismologia docs) (new-integration) (new-platform)
- Genius hub (@GeoffAtHome - #21598) (geniushub docs) (new-platform)
- Add support for Stiebel Eltron heat pumps (@fucm - #21199) (stiebel_eltron docs) (new-platform)
Experiencing issues introduced by this release? Please report them in our issue tracker. Make sure to fill in all fields of the issue template.
Google Assistant - You will now have to say a pin code before being able to control locks, doors and garage doors. You can set this pin in configuration -> cloud or, for manual installs, add
secure_devices_pinto your config. (@balloob - #23223) (cloud docs) (google_assistant docs) (breaking change) (beta fix)
- Google Assistant - Migrate light setting trait to use HSV color spectrum. If you have lights with colors, please run a Google Assistant SYNC after you update to this version. It will result in improved color representation. (@balloob - #22980) (google_assistant docs)
- Lightwave - Lightwave configuration was not properly validated before but it is now. This can cause invalid configurations to finally be flagged as such. (@amelchio - #22576) (lightwave docs)
- Amcrest - Remove Build Date, Version and Serial Number attributes from sensors. These values do not change during the life of the device and are not appropriate for state attributes. (@pnbruckner - #22418) (amcrest docs)
- Insteon - Placeholders that forwarded users from insteon_plm and insteon_local to insteon component have been removed. (@balloob - #22710)
Logi Circle - This is a breaking change to the Logi Circle integration which migrates from Logitech’s private API to their public API.
- Authentication with Logi Circle’s API is now performed using an authorization code grant, and is managed by the Integrations page. It’s no longer possible to authenticate with a username and password directly. Please remove any existing configuration for the logi_circle integration and follow the directions here to configure the logi_circle integration with at least a client_id, client_secret, api_key and redirect_uri.
- Logi Circle camera and sensor entities are now auto-discovered once the integration is authenticated. Users should remove the logi_circle integration from camera and sensor platforms as this is no longer supported.
- Logi Circle services have been moved from the camera domain to the logi_circle domain
- Introduction - The introduction integration has been removed. It used to be part of the initially created configuration but no longer served a purpose. (@balloob - #22944) (introduction docs)
media_player - The
media_playercomponent will now guard against calling services that are not supported by the entity. This means that if you attempt to invoke
media_player.turn_on, but the entity does not indicate it can be turned on through
supported_features, the service will not be called and will not log any message. This is a breaking change as in the past it would have called the
turn_onimplementation. There may be platforms that do not properly set
supported_featureswhich may result in service calls not being invoked where they would have previously.(@andrewsayre - #22878) (media_player docs)
- Load requirements and dependencies from manifests - Developers - Setup entity platform will set up its component now despite DEPENDENCIES. (@rohankapoorcom - #22717)
Satel Integra - The component now supports multiple partitions and this required a configuration change. Instead of a single parameters partition and
single_home_modethere are now section partitions. Please see the documentation for further details. (@c-soft - #21992) (satel_integra docs) (new-platform)
MQTT - MQTT discovery will not longer implicitly set
mqtt.sensor. (@emontnemery - #22998) (mqtt docs)
Android TV - This will change the
unique_idused to identify Android TV devices. As a result, users may find that the entity ID’s of their
androidtvmedia players have changed. This can be resolved by going to Configuration > Entity Registry and deleting those entries, then restarting HA. (Note: Fire TV devices are not affected.)(@JeffLIrion - #22996) (androidtv docs)
Google TTS - The
google ttsplatform has changed to
google_translate. Default configs will be migrated to the new platform during 0.92 startup. A manual update will be required if the user has changed default tts or is loading the tts configuration from another location. (@awarecan - #23090) (google docs) (google_translate docs) (tts docs) (new-integration)
- Fibaro - There was a potential unique ID collision which caused problems for some users, as scenes and devices were enumerated separately, so the same ID could be assigned if they were unnamed. The unique ID generation has been changed to avoid this, which is a breaking change with regard to scenes. (@pbalogh77 - #22987) (fibaro docs)
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2019/04/24/release-92/