0.93: Essent, AmbiClimate, VS Code debugging

Looks like Google has decided to backpedal on the decision to deprecate WW Nest in August, and will keep existing integrations alive until some undetermined future point.

For these custom integrations, partners will undergo security audits and we’ll control what data is shared and how it can be used.

1 Like

I have this error too.

If extra_html_url is no longer supported, how difficult is it to switch the extra icon packs like this one or this one to using Lovelace imports?

I see that there is already an issue for custom-ui not working which I believe uses extra_html_url as well.

1 Like

Got the same here:

2019-05-16 19:58:09 INFO (SyncWorker_11) [homeassistant.components.netatmo.sensor] Netatmo refresh interval reset to 439 seconds
2019-05-16 19:58:10 ERROR (SyncWorker_11) [homeassistant.components.netatmo.sensor] No Weather or HomeCoach devices found for Maison
2019-05-16 19:58:10 ERROR (SyncWorker_11) [homeassistant.components.netatmo.sensor] Module name: "XXX" not found
2019-05-16 19:58:10 ERROR (SyncWorker_11) [homeassistant.components.netatmo.sensor] Module name: "XXX" not found

(XXX refers to the module names I have hidden).

EDIT: it appears my weather station data are still correctly gathered, even if these error messages appear in log file.

1 Like

Yeah, we forgot about the icon packs. We will come up with a solution soon. extra_html_url is not gone yet (the ES5 version is though). HTML imports have not made it as a standard, so we need to migrate to JS/module imports, just like we do for Lovelace.

Custom UI is only used in the legacy UI. Those imports can still be rewritten to be JS/module based and will continue to work for now.

2 Likes

This update breaks for me cloud component (integration through Google Home app). on 0.92.2 it is working fine but after update I am unable to sync devices or relink through app (“Couldn;t update this setting,check you connection”). Works after restoring 92.2 snapshot without any update/change of config files. I don’t use anything listed in changes/breaking changes.

1 Like

Are you exposing the media player? If yes, that’s the issue and will be fixed in 93.x

Just don’t expose or add a speaker / tv class to your media player

Issue raised

There is a temporary fix if you are using venv in there.

Yes, same here. Will post an issue on git.

When I first started with HA I tried the automation editor, hated it, and quickly moved to yaml. Because the automations created with the editor had id’s I have since continued to add them. Is this bad? Should I remove them?

Hi!

Not working ONVIF camera after update to 0.93.1

Logs:
2019-05-17 12:35:32 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.camera] Error while setting up platform onvif
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/acidquest/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zeep/loader.py”, line 50, in parse_xml
forbid_entities=settings.forbid_entities)
File “/home/acidquest/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/defusedxml/lxml.py”, line 145, in fromstring
rootelement = _etree.fromstring(text, parser, base_url=base_url)
File “src/lxml/etree.pyx”, line 3222, in lxml.etree.fromstring
File “src/lxml/parser.pxi”, line 1877, in lxml.etree._parseMemoryDocument
File “src/lxml/parser.pxi”, line 1765, in lxml.etree._parseDoc
File “src/lxml/parser.pxi”, line 1127, in lxml.etree._BaseParser._parseDoc
File “src/lxml/parser.pxi”, line 601, in lxml.etree._ParserContext._handleParseResultDoc
File “src/lxml/parser.pxi”, line 711, in lxml.etree._handleParseResult
File “src/lxml/parser.pxi”, line 640, in lxml.etree._raiseParseError
File “”, line 1
lxml.etree.XMLSyntaxError: Document is empty, line 1, column 1

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/home/acidquest/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zeep/wsdl/bindings/soap.py”, line 170, in process_reply
doc = parse_xml(content, self.transport, settings=client.settings)
File “/home/acidquest/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zeep/loader.py”, line 54, in parse_xml
content=content
zeep.exceptions.XMLSyntaxError: Invalid XML content received (Document is empty, line 1, column 1)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 126, in _async_setup_platform
SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 358, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/onvif/camera.py”, line 101, in async_setup_platform
await hass_camera.async_initialize()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/onvif/camera.py”, line 157, in async_initialize
await self._camera.update_xaddrs()
File “/home/acidquest/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/onvif/client.py”, line 233, in update_xaddrs
capabilities = await self.devicemgmt.GetCapabilities({‘Category’: ‘All’})
File “/home/acidquest/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zeep/asyncio/bindings.py”, line 21, in send
return self.process_reply(client, operation_obj, response)
File “/home/acidquest/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zeep/wsdl/bindings/soap.py”, line 176, in process_reply
content=response.content)
zeep.exceptions.TransportError: Server returned response (200) with invalid XML: Invalid XML content received (Document is empty, line 1, column 1).
Content: b’’

Since updating to version 0.93 (and version 0.93.1), I am experiencing some strange behavior with Sonos devices exposed to HomeKit.

I have 9 Sonos Media Players and only 6 of them are being exposed to HomeKit. Every time I restart Home Assistant it exposes 6 different Media Players (it seems to randomly select 6 Media Players on HA restart). This had been working perfectly for months and months.

Part of my configure is listed below.

homekit:
filter:
include_domains:
- media_player
entity_config:
media_player.bird_room:
name: “Bird Room Sonos”
feature_list:
- feature: play_pause
media_player.garage:
name: “Garage Sonos”
feature_list:
- feature: play_pause

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

This little nugget of information is rather well buried. (i.e. that check config is broken).

How about actually updating the release notes themselves to indicate that this is the case; Many have religiously advocated the use of this facility in the past to help prevent inadvertent updates against bad configurations that it really does have a significant impact when it fails to work as expected and if not formally acknowledged will reduce people’s confidence in what they are being told.

Should users wait for an update, or go ahead and upgrade anyway?

3 Likes

Same here. Got the errors but data are correctly displayed and gathered.

you got us there…
to be sure, would you please confirm this means a legacy HA user can safely upgrade to .93 and still use:

extra_html_url:
  - /local/custom_ui/state-card-custom-ui.html
  - /local/custom_ui/state-card-tiles.html
  - /local/custom_ui/state-card-value_only.html
  - /local/custom_ui/custom-weather-card.html

is this something the dev team is working on, or something the user should do on their side?

that is not 100% true. Most of all customizations work perfectly fine in Lovelace. In fact, custom-ui has many possibilities Lovelace misses out on still, like full support for templating. Would be really appreciated if the team would consider keeping that supported going forward.

again, that sounds truly great, is there anything the user can do, or do we have to wait for the dev-team to do this.

thanks.

There’s a card for templates in Lovelace. 📝 100% Templatable Lovelace Configurations

Has there been a change in the “Unused entities” tab ?
I mainly use picture elements cards so all my entities used to show up there.
Since updating, only ones that are not on any of my picture element cards are in the unused entities tab.
I guess this is sensible, but is not the case for conditional cards etc, they are still there
Am I missing something?

I get a lot of Xiaomi error logs since the Update to 0.93.1

Got exception while fetching the state: Unable to discover the device 192.168.200.28

After a few minutes the device is available again

roborock vacuum ?? its stable here