0.93: Essent, AmbiClimate, VS Code debugging

Hi!

Not working ONVIF camera after update to 0.93.1

Logs:
2019-05-17 12:35:32 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.camera] Error while setting up platform onvif
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/acidquest/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zeep/loader.py”, line 50, in parse_xml
forbid_entities=settings.forbid_entities)
File “/home/acidquest/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/defusedxml/lxml.py”, line 145, in fromstring
rootelement = _etree.fromstring(text, parser, base_url=base_url)
File “src/lxml/etree.pyx”, line 3222, in lxml.etree.fromstring
File “src/lxml/parser.pxi”, line 1877, in lxml.etree._parseMemoryDocument
File “src/lxml/parser.pxi”, line 1765, in lxml.etree._parseDoc
File “src/lxml/parser.pxi”, line 1127, in lxml.etree._BaseParser._parseDoc
File “src/lxml/parser.pxi”, line 601, in lxml.etree._ParserContext._handleParseResultDoc
File “src/lxml/parser.pxi”, line 711, in lxml.etree._handleParseResult
File “src/lxml/parser.pxi”, line 640, in lxml.etree._raiseParseError
File “”, line 1
lxml.etree.XMLSyntaxError: Document is empty, line 1, column 1

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/home/acidquest/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zeep/wsdl/bindings/soap.py”, line 170, in process_reply
doc = parse_xml(content, self.transport, settings=client.settings)
File “/home/acidquest/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zeep/loader.py”, line 54, in parse_xml
content=content
zeep.exceptions.XMLSyntaxError: Invalid XML content received (Document is empty, line 1, column 1)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 126, in _async_setup_platform
SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 358, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/onvif/camera.py”, line 101, in async_setup_platform
await hass_camera.async_initialize()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/onvif/camera.py”, line 157, in async_initialize
await self._camera.update_xaddrs()
File “/home/acidquest/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/onvif/client.py”, line 233, in update_xaddrs
capabilities = await self.devicemgmt.GetCapabilities({‘Category’: ‘All’})
File “/home/acidquest/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zeep/asyncio/bindings.py”, line 21, in send
return self.process_reply(client, operation_obj, response)
File “/home/acidquest/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zeep/wsdl/bindings/soap.py”, line 176, in process_reply
content=response.content)
zeep.exceptions.TransportError: Server returned response (200) with invalid XML: Invalid XML content received (Document is empty, line 1, column 1).
Content: b’’

Since updating to version 0.93 (and version 0.93.1), I am experiencing some strange behavior with Sonos devices exposed to HomeKit.

I have 9 Sonos Media Players and only 6 of them are being exposed to HomeKit. Every time I restart Home Assistant it exposes 6 different Media Players (it seems to randomly select 6 Media Players on HA restart). This had been working perfectly for months and months.

Part of my configure is listed below.

homekit:
filter:
include_domains:
- media_player
entity_config:
media_player.bird_room:
name: “Bird Room Sonos”
feature_list:
- feature: play_pause
media_player.garage:
name: “Garage Sonos”
feature_list:
- feature: play_pause

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

This little nugget of information is rather well buried. (i.e. that check config is broken).

How about actually updating the release notes themselves to indicate that this is the case; Many have religiously advocated the use of this facility in the past to help prevent inadvertent updates against bad configurations that it really does have a significant impact when it fails to work as expected and if not formally acknowledged will reduce people’s confidence in what they are being told.

Should users wait for an update, or go ahead and upgrade anyway?

3 Likes

Same here. Got the errors but data are correctly displayed and gathered.

you got us there…
to be sure, would you please confirm this means a legacy HA user can safely upgrade to .93 and still use:

extra_html_url:
  - /local/custom_ui/state-card-custom-ui.html
  - /local/custom_ui/state-card-tiles.html
  - /local/custom_ui/state-card-value_only.html
  - /local/custom_ui/custom-weather-card.html

is this something the dev team is working on, or something the user should do on their side?

that is not 100% true. Most of all customizations work perfectly fine in Lovelace. In fact, custom-ui has many possibilities Lovelace misses out on still, like full support for templating. Would be really appreciated if the team would consider keeping that supported going forward.

again, that sounds truly great, is there anything the user can do, or do we have to wait for the dev-team to do this.

thanks.

There’s a card for templates in Lovelace. 📝 100% Templatable Lovelace Configurations

Has there been a change in the “Unused entities” tab ?
I mainly use picture elements cards so all my entities used to show up there.
Since updating, only ones that are not on any of my picture element cards are in the unused entities tab.
I guess this is sensible, but is not the case for conditional cards etc, they are still there
Am I missing something?

I get a lot of Xiaomi error logs since the Update to 0.93.1

Got exception while fetching the state: Unable to discover the device 192.168.200.28

After a few minutes the device is available again

roborock vacuum ?? its stable here

Clicking on 0.93.1 “release notes” in the Hassio dashboard takes you to this blog. Where may I find the specific fixes in 0.93.1? I think I am only seeing the original .93 information here, except when extracting bits here and there in the comments.

Also, why was @w1ll1am23’s critical PubNub Wink component update ( #23710 ) not mentioned in the release notes? It was in fact merged into .93.0.

EDIT: nevermind about the .93.1 release notes. I see it was just added. Thanks. s

After a few restarts seems to be stable again

No data from my Netatmo weather station since ~4h now.
Just checked log file, and I get:

2019-05-17 14:00:15 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of sensor.netatmo_cuisine_temperature is taking over 10 seconds
2019-05-17 14:00:15 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update for sensor.netatmo_cuisine_temperature fails
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 220, in async_update_ha_state
    await self.async_device_update()
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 377, in async_device_update
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.update)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/netatmo/sensor.py", line 216, in update
    self.netatmo_data.update()
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/netatmo/sensor.py", line 544, in update
    self.station_data = self._detect_platform_type()
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/netatmo/sensor.py", line 522, in _detect_platform_type
    station_data = self.data_class(self.auth)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/smart_home/WeatherStation.py", line 23, in __init__
    resp = postRequest(self.urlReq, postParams)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/smart_home/__init__.py", line 39, in postRequest
    if params
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/urllib/request.py", line 222, in urlopen
    return opener.open(url, data, timeout)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/urllib/request.py", line 525, in open
    response = self._open(req, data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/urllib/request.py", line 543, in _open
    '_open', req)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/urllib/request.py", line 503, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/urllib/request.py", line 1360, in https_open
    context=self._context, check_hostname=self._check_hostname)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/urllib/request.py", line 1320, in do_open
    r = h.getresponse()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/http/client.py", line 1321, in getresponse
    response.begin()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/http/client.py", line 296, in begin
    version, status, reason = self._read_status()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/http/client.py", line 257, in _read_status
    line = str(self.fp.readline(_MAXLINE + 1), "iso-8859-1")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/socket.py", line 589, in readinto
    return self._sock.recv_into(b)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/ssl.py", line 1052, in recv_into
    return self.read(nbytes, buffer)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/ssl.py", line 911, in read
    return self._sslobj.read(len, buffer)
socket.timeout: The read operation timed out

After a restart, Netatmo data are here again.
Something is definitely going on with this new release regarding Netatmo integration.

Likewise for me with the Google Assistant component … I’ve had to revert 0.92.2 in order to sync.

I use custom_ui for changing icon colors, sometimes based on conditional logic. Is there a better way to do that without custom_ui, short of implementing it separately for all cards? The template card looks like it could handle the logic, but not colors directly.

guys with google issues? are you running 93.0 or 93.1 ?
in 93.0 , indeed if you exposed the mediaplayer, that sync was not possible
fixed in 93.1

Probably requires the the dev of the custom-ui to do that part.

Ah … you are correct. It’s now working with 93.1. Thank you

Please forgive my ignorance, but is Hassio for 0.93 not yet available? I see that other hassio users are on 0.93.1, but I’m on 0.92.2 and I do not have an upgrade option on the Hass.io dashboard.

I’m on HassIO and it’s prompted me to upgrade up to 0.93.1, so might just be you. Reboot the host?

1 Like

Yeah, I rebooted. Guess I need to plow through the log to try to understand why I’m not getting the upgrade prompt .