0.93: Essent, AmbiClimate, VS Code debugging

You can only edit automations that are defined in automations.yaml . Automations defined outside should not have an ID set.

The check config functionality is currently broken.

@balloob

This is valid also for my post?

Thanks

okay; so if there are no breaking changes listed that should affect me I should just update.

can anyone add any information to this:

* Z-Wave - Not a breaking change perse, just a note: Open Z-Wave has released version 1.6. The configuration files are not compatible with Open Z-Wave 1.4, the version that we are currently using. Don’t copy config files over! We’re waiting for Open Z-Wave Python bindings to update before we can update our code.

What “config files” are we not supposed to copy from where to where?

I don’t understand how this is going to affect an existing installation.

I think they mean do not try to copy open-zwave config files from their Github into home assistant.

The XML format of the device configs has changed in the 1.6 version.
Example: https://github.com/OpenZWave/open-zwave/blob/master/config/ge/14294-dimmer.xml

1 Like

Someone copied those, broke their HA installation and then got all angry at the Open Z-Wave maintainers. Which is sad. Hoping that adding that line will prevent others from harassing volunteers.

6 Likes

Looks like Google has decided to backpedal on the decision to deprecate WW Nest in August, and will keep existing integrations alive until some undetermined future point.

For these custom integrations, partners will undergo security audits and we’ll control what data is shared and how it can be used.

1 Like

I have this error too.

If extra_html_url is no longer supported, how difficult is it to switch the extra icon packs like this one or this one to using Lovelace imports?

I see that there is already an issue for custom-ui not working which I believe uses extra_html_url as well.

1 Like

Got the same here:

2019-05-16 19:58:09 INFO (SyncWorker_11) [homeassistant.components.netatmo.sensor] Netatmo refresh interval reset to 439 seconds
2019-05-16 19:58:10 ERROR (SyncWorker_11) [homeassistant.components.netatmo.sensor] No Weather or HomeCoach devices found for Maison
2019-05-16 19:58:10 ERROR (SyncWorker_11) [homeassistant.components.netatmo.sensor] Module name: "XXX" not found
2019-05-16 19:58:10 ERROR (SyncWorker_11) [homeassistant.components.netatmo.sensor] Module name: "XXX" not found

(XXX refers to the module names I have hidden).

EDIT: it appears my weather station data are still correctly gathered, even if these error messages appear in log file.

1 Like

Yeah, we forgot about the icon packs. We will come up with a solution soon. extra_html_url is not gone yet (the ES5 version is though). HTML imports have not made it as a standard, so we need to migrate to JS/module imports, just like we do for Lovelace.

Custom UI is only used in the legacy UI. Those imports can still be rewritten to be JS/module based and will continue to work for now.

2 Likes

This update breaks for me cloud component (integration through Google Home app). on 0.92.2 it is working fine but after update I am unable to sync devices or relink through app (“Couldn;t update this setting,check you connection”). Works after restoring 92.2 snapshot without any update/change of config files. I don’t use anything listed in changes/breaking changes.

1 Like

Are you exposing the media player? If yes, that’s the issue and will be fixed in 93.x

Just don’t expose or add a speaker / tv class to your media player

Issue raised

There is a temporary fix if you are using venv in there.

Yes, same here. Will post an issue on git.

When I first started with HA I tried the automation editor, hated it, and quickly moved to yaml. Because the automations created with the editor had id’s I have since continued to add them. Is this bad? Should I remove them?

Hi!

Not working ONVIF camera after update to 0.93.1

Logs:
2019-05-17 12:35:32 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.camera] Error while setting up platform onvif
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/acidquest/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zeep/loader.py”, line 50, in parse_xml
forbid_entities=settings.forbid_entities)
File “/home/acidquest/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/defusedxml/lxml.py”, line 145, in fromstring
rootelement = _etree.fromstring(text, parser, base_url=base_url)
File “src/lxml/etree.pyx”, line 3222, in lxml.etree.fromstring
File “src/lxml/parser.pxi”, line 1877, in lxml.etree._parseMemoryDocument
File “src/lxml/parser.pxi”, line 1765, in lxml.etree._parseDoc
File “src/lxml/parser.pxi”, line 1127, in lxml.etree._BaseParser._parseDoc
File “src/lxml/parser.pxi”, line 601, in lxml.etree._ParserContext._handleParseResultDoc
File “src/lxml/parser.pxi”, line 711, in lxml.etree._handleParseResult
File “src/lxml/parser.pxi”, line 640, in lxml.etree._raiseParseError
File “”, line 1
lxml.etree.XMLSyntaxError: Document is empty, line 1, column 1

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/home/acidquest/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zeep/wsdl/bindings/soap.py”, line 170, in process_reply
doc = parse_xml(content, self.transport, settings=client.settings)
File “/home/acidquest/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zeep/loader.py”, line 54, in parse_xml
content=content
zeep.exceptions.XMLSyntaxError: Invalid XML content received (Document is empty, line 1, column 1)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 126, in _async_setup_platform
SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 358, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/onvif/camera.py”, line 101, in async_setup_platform
await hass_camera.async_initialize()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/onvif/camera.py”, line 157, in async_initialize
await self._camera.update_xaddrs()
File “/home/acidquest/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/onvif/client.py”, line 233, in update_xaddrs
capabilities = await self.devicemgmt.GetCapabilities({‘Category’: ‘All’})
File “/home/acidquest/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zeep/asyncio/bindings.py”, line 21, in send
return self.process_reply(client, operation_obj, response)
File “/home/acidquest/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zeep/wsdl/bindings/soap.py”, line 176, in process_reply
content=response.content)
zeep.exceptions.TransportError: Server returned response (200) with invalid XML: Invalid XML content received (Document is empty, line 1, column 1).
Content: b’’