0.94: SmartHab, Watson TTS, Azure Event Hub

Logs please?

Hi,
I ran the upgrade from 0.92.2 to 0.94, almost everything worked perfectly except for one thing.
Wemo Maker switches no longer recognised in HA. All other Wemo devices work perfectly.

I rolled back to version 0.92.2 and wemo maker switches restored.

Any thoughts?

this is how I have them in config.yaml (only first 2 are wemo maker)
wemo:
discovery: true
static:

Is there a way to disable or move the new Configuration Editor to the bottom of the page or it’s own page?

It is a great idea, but I’m not using it (at this stage) and even if I were, it would be far more efficient to keep the Check Config and Reloading options at the top as they are used far more often rather than having to scroll down every single time.

5 Likes

Not at the moment no

2 Likes

Bummer, Thank you.

Hopefully it’s on a todo list at some stage

There is further discussion here 0.94: Config page, is it possible to hide/minimize disabled panels when using YAML config?

2 Likes

Reinstalling the trakt component fixed the issue

What have other people done with the replication of Owntracks devices? Like mentioned here, I now have two entities, device_tracker.XXX_nokia61 and device_tracker.XXX_nokia61_2. Only device_tracker.XXX_nokia61 shows up in group.all_devices.

Just attempt to remove the duplicated _2 one?

I’ve added here: Fresh Hass.io Installation does not work correctly!?

My Hassbian doesn’t start any more after the update. I will probably only restart it when a current image is available.

Fritz Box download and upload speed sensors are no longer working for me since this upgrade. I couldn’t find anything in the release notes breaking changes.

There are problems with component support, some scripts only run with Python 3.5, they need to be reworked first to run with 3.6 or 3.7.

Currently not compatible:
eq3 Bluetooth
AVM Fritzbox

I have therefore made a downgrade and I am back to 0.93.2. I am curious whether the scripts will be revised because I think my thermostats are not very common.

Does that mean that we - as users - don’t have the ability to do that at the moment? Or does it mean that the devs don’t have the ability to do that at the moment?

As I suggested in the other thread, why can’t the previously titled “General” page be left exactly as it is and renamed “Configuration Validation and Server Control” with a new link to it just below the “General” button and put the new general configuration settings in the current “General” page as it is?

I like the new editor for setting your location, etc. but have a couple of suggestions.

1. It doesn’t look like there is a way to manually enter a latitude and longitude, the only way I can set the location is by selecting it on the map which can sometimes be a bit fiddly to get the location exactly right).
  2. One of the videos demonstrating the new interface showed an option to detect the location by IP address, I can’t see this in the interface. Was this removed? Could an option be included to set this based on current location, especially if a mobile device is used to access the frontend?

This is not true.

Are you running HA in Docker with a non-root user? Then you are facing an issue with a missing, but uninstallable dependency on fritzconnection package.

Is anybody else having trouble with the TP-Link component after upgrading? I am getting ‘entity not available’ for half of my lights and switches…

Okay, than have a look here: Fresh Hass.io Installation does not work correctly!?

After upgrading to 0.94 the GpsLogger component seems to stop working:

2019-06-09 15:21:36 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component device_tracker
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 153, in _async_setup_component
    hass, processed_config)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/__init__.py", line 115, in async_setup
    legacy_platforms = await setup.async_extract_config(hass, config)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/setup.py", line 109, in async_extract_config
    platform.name, platform.type))
ValueError: Unable to determine type for gpslogger: None

The config is:

- platform: gpslogger
  password: !secret gpslogger_password
  new_device_defaults:
    track_new_devices: false
    hide_if_away: false

Have a look at the release notes, there’s a change to gpslogger (device trackers)

I used gravatars for pictures in the old known_devices. Is this not possible anymore?

1 Like