0.94: SmartHab, Watson TTS, Azure Event Hub

Thanks, a reload did the trick,
JP

Have you added add ssdp: and zeroconf: to your configuration.yaml file, as Lifx is now using the new discovery method

Yes I did add them.

are they in integration or unused enities. my lifx bulb are showing up

Update: I was going to integration, select LIFX, say yes to set it up, then it would say it couldn’t find any LIFX devices on the network.

NOW: I ran though that again (for the 5th time) and all the sudden it said “Success!” So now I have LIFX integration up, but it still says “This integration has no devices.”

I have my IOT stuff in a different VLAN allowing just a few ports. Does the new Discovery use different ports to scan?

Yes, I hope for the next release.

1 Like

Now we can make some cloud-enabled (Google) devices available without the pin. Any plans on allowing other entities to be forced to have a pin? Would love to be able to control some things via voice (but with a pin).

1 Like

Gah, I just did the following to get it to work:

• Factory reset a LIFX bulb
  • Joined it back to my IOT WiFi
  • Instead of the “LIFX” integration, I chose the “HomeKit Accessory” integration.
  • Added the HomeKIt code, and it popped right back into HASS.IO

Perhaps the specific LIFX integration is for all LIFX bulbs EXCEPT HomeKit compatible LIFX bulbs (like mine).

I did not think of that, but that is totally possible.

That would be great. I use input booleans for a semi-alarm system. Would be nice to be driving and OK Google, turn off the house alarm. Then have to use a pin.

1 Like

Will be fixed in 0.94.1

Migrated device tracker platforms are no longer part of the all_devices group. In a future release, the system-maintained all_* groups will go away. You will need to manually define these groups.

This is not an issue with the official container.

The container image used is https://hub.docker.com/r/homeassistant/amd64-homeassistant, I should have mentioned that. As said, this only happens when the container is run by a non root-user.

Also have a look at Github, please.

I hope the Manage Entities from Google Assistant come to Alexa

Question, how do I start using the UI editor if my config is in the yaml file? Is there a way to convert?

Remove matching entries in your config.yaml to give you access to the ui.

Quick question regarding Netatmo. I’ve been waiting for this fix (Netatmo, handle offline device by Danielhiversen · Pull Request #23907 · home-assistant/core · GitHub) since 0.92 so upgraded to 0.94 today to find my problem remains. It still won’t load my Netatmo sensors; I’m getting this in the log;

2019-06-06 16:05:26 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up netatmo
2019-06-06 16:05:34 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component netatmo
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/netatmo/__init__.py", line 91, in setup
2019-06-06 16:05:35 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform netatmo.sensor: Unable to set up component.

My config is this;

netatmo:
      api_key: xxx
      secret_key: xxx
      username: xxx
      password: xxx
      discovery: false

I’ve tried discovery: false and true, and manually defined the sensors. All with the same error above.
@Danielhiversen do you have any thoughts on this? What am I doing wrong?
Thx
JP

EDIT:
I subsequently went into dev.netatmo.com and reset/re-enabled my API there, did a restart and it’s working!
Thanks for your work on this one.

Sorry for the additional question, but what do you mean removing matching entries? What am I matching them to? Do I just clear the file and then punch it all back in via the UI?

Nice to see the device tracking being re-done, it does work but it can feel a little clunky sometimes.

I’m only using the nmap device tracker currently, I guess it’s best to wait for it to be updated to support entities before making any changes?