0.94: SmartHab, Watson TTS, Azure Event Hub

Sad to read this, I was also waiting for this fix :frowning:

Currently I see the

WARNING (SyncWorker_15) [homeassistant.components.netatmo.sensor] No Weather or HomeCoach devices found for None

and I just wait for the other errors to show up. Actually my NetAtmo sensors are the ones that I use the most in my HA setup.

This is truly sad…

Apologies for not being clear - in your configuration.yaml file, either remove or # the matching entries. I.e home, elevation, timezone etc, Restart and you should be able to enter them via the UI

2 Likes

i updated from 93.1 to 94.0 , all went fine, 94.0 was running,
then i decided to reboot my HassOS completely
but my webinteface doesnt come back anymore, cant assess UI anymore
i can still access the shares, i open the .log file, i still see the same info as before, no errors there
what could be wrong?

First off, thanks for the great work on 0.94. Google Assistant entity management is especially welcome.

I’ve come across one issue with 0.94. Since upgrading and also including ssdp: and zeroconf: for discovery in configuration.yaml, this device gets discovered as a Homekit Accessory:

I do not use Homekit and would like to ignore Homekit Accessory devices in discovery. According to the discovery docs, Homekit is not a valid option to ignore in discovery, so…

discovery:
  ignore:
    - homekit

… does not work.

Removing zeroconf: from configuration.yaml stops the device from being discovered.

Is there a way with the new discovery paradigm both to enable zeroconf: discovery and to ignore or permanently dismiss devices types which are not supported under ignore: in discovery?

1 Like

solved

I updated python; following the manual; but now the frontend gives me “connetion is reset” log gives no errors at al (only slow starting ping-checks), waited for an hour now…
[hasbian setup]
what is wrong?

After the python update I had to do a:
sudo hassbian-config upgrade hassbian

I actually want to tell you that you should definitely try the homekit controller on the Tado devices. It has one major advantage over the tado component. If you control the devices with the Homekit controller you can control them locally without an internet connection, whereas the tado component relies on the unofficial API which requires an active internet connection. I use it and it is great.

Though if you do not want to use the homekit controller for your tado devices (and I still recommend you to at least try it) you could also have them both set up. (The tado component as well as the homekit controller variant). That is the way I have it, and if the API fails for whatever reason you’d still be able to control your tado devices. It could also serve as a backup method.

yes, wanted that for other items also. Even though voice training is set to on, many people in the house can command the Google Assistant. Even guests can turn-on/off items in the Home. Imagine the fun the party crowd can have…

Setting a pin would certainly add an extra layer of security, so thanks fir the suggestion and thanks for taking that up #balloob

Hi, I have Netatmo products, and with the new 0.94, they are discovered as Homekit component. It asks for a code, but I have no idea how Homekit works and how to get this code.

Do I need an Apple device?

No, you do not need an Apple device. Homekit controller is just another way to connect your devices to Home Assistant by using its protocol instead of the component. In the case of Tado thermostats it actually lets you control it without an internet connection.

You do not need this if you are not planning to use it. It is also possible to have the homekit controller and the component configured at the same time. It will just result in a few extra entities.

The Homekit code can usually be found on the device itself (or in the manual). The code is an 8 digit number and looks something like 553-07-527.

This can also be very useful as a failsafe. If for whatever reason the Netatmo component fails you’d still have the Homekit controller to control the devices and vice versa. They will just appear as new entities in HA, no Apple devices required at all!

1 Like

If I understand correctly you want to use the Lovelace UI editor. Here is what I would try.
Remove the Lovelace yaml line from the configuration and restart.
Go to the UI Editor in the upper right of the Overview screen. Go to that same menu again to access the raw configuration. Your yaml customizations should work there.

Thank you for the info! Also, thanks for everything you do on the project, it really is great!

After the upgrade from 0.93.2 to 0.94 Trakt components stops working.

Strangely, I’ve commented the rows, restarted and I still see the message (in italian)

Editor disabilitato perché la configurazione memorizzata in configuration.yaml.

The rows commented are

# # Name of the location where Home Assistant is running
  # name: Home
  # # Location required to calculate the time the sun rises and sets
  # latitude: !secret conf_latitude
  # longitude: !secret conf_longitude
  # # Impacts weather/sunrise data (altitude above sea level in meters)
  # elevation: !secret conf_elevation
  # # metric fcor Metric, imperial for Imperial
  # unit_system: metric
  # # Pick yours from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones
  # time_zone: !secret conf_tz

Is it the right thing to comment out?

Thanks

Great update, thanks everyone!

That was all that needed to be done from what I can remember - this was during Beta phase, so something might have change. I reverted back to the config.yaml

if we add zeroconfig: and ssdp:, do we still need to have discovery: also ?

I’ve tried again, and now it’s working… :astonished:

Thanks

Thank you guys, seems to (so far) be running better then .93

I’m guessing yes. Otherwise there is nowhere to set platforms to be ignored.

I’m sorry if this already has been asked, but regarding the new way of adding entities that are exposed to Google Assistant;

Does the new way mean I can remove the below from my config file, or does it gets added automatically when adding new things from the Cloud UI?

# Cloud
cloud:
  google_actions:
    filter:
      include_domains:
        # Scene
        - scene      
      include_entities:
        # Lights
        - light.led_tv

EDIT: Well for some reason I wasn’t able to see the top of the desciption when opening Google Assistant:

Editing which entities are exposed via this UI is disabled because you have configured entity filters in configuration.yaml.