0.94: SmartHab, Watson TTS, Azure Event Hub

Lutron Caseta control still not working (non-pro hub)

Thank you, to all the contributors for their hard work and continued efforts on this project.

Loving the new entity management for Google Home! Any chance this will be making it’s way to alexa?

How do we add a picture to device trackers under the new method?

But what about aliasses for Google assistant? How can you setup them in new UI?
Also like rooms?

Use the person configuration and add a picture to that in customize.yaml

I didn’t realize that you could set up Homekit control without an Apple TV or iPod as the hub. Thanks for the tip.

I actually use the tado app and Google Assistant for most control/automation, but I like being able to see room temperatures in the frontend. I’ve configured the Homekit integration for tado and will have a play with it. Having a failsafe for the cloud is probably overkill for my needs since the thermostats can also be adjusted manually.

I would consider removing the (somewhat flakey) native tado component entirely if the Homekit integration is more solid. However, I rely on tado presence detection as one of the main ways to know if someone is home.

That is why I have set both of them up. I use the Homekit Controller to manage the devices (and changing temps etc) and I use the Tado Component for device tracking (which isn’t working for me in 0.94 yet).

You need Apple Devices if you want to use the Homekit component which exposes HA entities to Homekit.

So to prevent confusion:
Homekit Controller (no Apple required)
is the controller which you can connect Homekit enabled devices to. You could see it as a Hub like the AppleTV or iPads are. No Apple devices are required as it is just meant to connect HK devices to Home Assistant.

Homekit Component (Multiple Apple devices required):
is the component that exposes unsupported (and supported) entities to an actual Homekit hub. To do this you will need a Hub (ATV, Homepod or Ipad) and probably a second device like an iPhone or iPad to control the devices. The component is only useful for Apple users that want to use Homekit.

Since I don’t use the entity editor and prefer all my config be in the YAML files, I’m trying to figure out how to do the device tracker configurations before I do the update. I think the basic stuff will be the same, I just won’t be able to name the devices now in the known_devices.yaml and will instead need to use the person component. What I’m not sure on is how to assign a picture to the “person” as it doesn’t seem to be a part of that in the config examples unless I’m missing something? I like having the pictures assigned to the people because it makes a quick glance at the map to locate everyone easier.

It’s the same as for all the other entities. So if you prefer YAML, use customize to customize the name and picture.

1 Like

Duh :man_facepalming:

Hi,

Is anyone else having issues with darksky and sun. The sun component is well off with its sunset and sunrise, i’ve got lights coming on when it’s broad daylight outside, sunset is reported as 19:04 when it should be at least 21:30. Also, i’m not sure where darksky thinks i am but i can assure you it isn’t 25C here at the moment. My latitude and longitude are set in my zones.

Just a mad question @balloob but will YAML mode become deprecated in the future? Say uhm, when 1.0 gets released for example? And if so, would there be any chance to have !secrets in our configs? (Or alternative methods).

1 Like

I get the following error when I try to add my presence cameras.
Device refused to add pairing as it is already pairing with another controller
Not sure why, it’s not paired with anything else.

Thanks for the clear explanation. Appreciate it.

Looks like it’s not working for me either since the update. I hadn’t noticed.

I’m getting the following error updating to 0.94:

Unable to install package hass-nabucasa==0.13: ERROR: python-jose-cryptodome 1.3.2 has requirement pycryptodome<3.4.0,>=3.3.1, but you'll have pycryptodome 3.8.2 which is incompatible

Rolling back to 0.93.2 and the error goes away.

How can I resolve this?

Edit: I’ve now got this working following a uninstalling pycryptodome and reinstalling Home Assistant.

My trådfri integration have broken down 4 times today since update to 0.94. Roboot does not help, I need to delete the integration and add it again. Anyone else having this issue?

1 Like

Do you have it paired to an actual Apple Homekit Hub? If so you will need to reset it first (look in the manual of your device how to do that). You can only pair devices to a single instance of Homekit, so the controller basically mimics that. If you use Apple devices in your home (and if you use Homekit), feed the entities back to homekit afterwards with the Homekit component. Man this sounds so complicated when I read it back haha.

Edit: also note that not all device types are supported with the controller yet so you might not be able to add them at all. I don’t know about camera’s though.

You should also know that the Homekit component (Not controller) in Home Assistant does not support camera entities yet. Therefor if you pair your homekit cameras with HA, you can not send them back to Homekit. You can see which device types are supported to feed back to Homekit here:

@balloob said it will be fixed in 0.94.1, so expect it to work again very soon.

What version did that start? Mine is still working fine on 93.2.