0.96: Notion, updated sidebar, advanced mode

Not only are the developer tools segregated they are horizontal instead of vertical.

1 Like

sure, a line. I thought you referred to the gap…

the line is fine :wink:

and yes, I noticed the change in the individual developer tools, I was merely asking about the ugly gap.

It’s still a style choice not a bug.

3 Likes

New notifications in sidebar doesn’t behave as per current themes

AFAIK the Raspberry Pi 4 still has a 32 bit CPU so I think 32 bit is the only option but correct me if I’m wrong.

It has a 64-bit processor:
Broadcom BCM2711B0 quad-core A72 (ARMv8-A) 64-bit @ 1.5GHz

1 Like

sure, if it was designed to be like this. Maybe it wasn’t, and the gap slipped through.
no harm done.
let me rephrase: hoping the dev’s will take care of the large gap in the sidebar.

Does anyone know what the theme element is that the little notification bell uses for the “notification active” dot that is super-imposed on the bell in this version?

I had it themed differently in my custom theme so that it was red instead of the non-obvious orange that it was in the standard HA theme but now in v96 it’s even worse because it’s the same color as the user icon (light blue) and so is way less obvious than it was before. And apparently it’s not the same theme element since it’s no longer red.

Can I change it independently from that user icon color?

if not it really needs to be made so that it can so as to be able to make a notification a real “notification” instead of a “oh, i’m sorry i didn’t notice you were trying to notify me of something important” notification.

No need for an app imho. Web is working pretty fine. When you add shortcut by Chrome it will be in a kind of container without adress bar etc.

The app for iPhone is also just a browser…

can you take a pic of what you’re talking about? Nevermind, see it. Look’s like it’s pulling from the primary-color attribute

So if you change the sidebar icon color from your primary color you should see a difference.

--sidebar-icon-color
--primary-color

I believe it’s the blue dot containing the message count:

Screenshot%20from%202019-07-23%2009-34-14

I upgraded to 0.96.3, and I can’t for the life of me find the check configuration button. I have advanced mode on, and logged in as the owner. I’ve cleared the cache (Chrome). I’m not sure what is supposed to happen when i turn on the advanced mode toggle, but nothing changes - I don’t have the configuration option in the side menu any more (I did remove the config: option from the configuration.yaml file, as I figured out that was for the configurator, and it’s not the new configurator add-on - right?).

How do i find everything that was under configuration before?

You removed the option that enables that sidebar button. Always consult the docs about a integration before adding/removing :wink:

Thanks, @petro. Of course I did! Ughhh…

1 Like

That didn’t work. It changed all of the un-selected sidebar icons to red instead of just the notification indicator.

It used to use the “accent-color” - which makes sense since it would be used to “accent” a notification.

EDIT: posted an issue on the HA frontend github:

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant-polymer/issues/3414

Here is my fix, use rest

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/enphase-envoy-gateway-no-longer-reporting-after-updating-to-0-96-1/127364/9?u=jason_rhodes

Yes, thats for the icon color. The indicator color is

So you need to change the icon color to something, then the primary color to what you want the indicator to be. Sorry for not explicitly explaining that.

So if you change the icon color to be something other than the primary color and then change the primary color, you’ll see a difference.

Is there anyone out there that know what I shall do to get the Telldus live integration to work?

I restored my config from backup (0.94.3) to a different SD-card and everything worked again.

After upgrading to 0.96.1 again on that card I got the SSL-problem. I fixed it with the buster-fix, but that created the error with Telldus live.

Thx in advance

1 Like

the reason I was confused is because I was pretty sure that changing the primary-color wouldn’t get me to where I wanted to be.

that color is used everywhere (hence the name “primary” :wink:) so I end up with this horrendousness :grimacing::

It used to be separate from the other main colors and was the only thing that I found that used that element so it was easy to theme individually. Now it’s not. That’s why I wrote the bug report. Hopefully it will get changed back again.

1 Like

I agree 100% with your issue. I think it should be accent-color or some new attribute. Either way, I was just trying to get you a decent fix for the time being. I too have the same issue you have. I just don’t use notifications in the browser because everything goes to my phone. So for me, it’s pointless.

2 Likes