0.96: Notion, updated sidebar, advanced mode

I am seeing this on chrome as well. On multiple computer as well.

Move your mouse away…

1 Like

Another complaint re the new menu bar!

Makes no sense to have the icons there all the time. This takes up valuable real-estate on my fire7, and I really don’t want to go installing custom components.

5 Likes

Hi, addons are not available in raspberry pi 4. any help?

I have an issue loading KNX Climate

Error log:

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 365, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_update_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 226, in async_update_ha_state
    self._async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 256, in _async_write_ha_state
    attr.update(self.state_attributes or {})
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/__init__.py", line 181, in state_attributes
    if self.target_temperature_step:
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/knx/climate.py", line 222, in target_temperature_step
    return self.device.temperature_step
AttributeError: 'Climate' object has no attribute 'temperature_step'

My config:

- platform: knx
     name: Climate
     temperature_address: '1/0/0'
     target_temperature_address: '1/1/0'
     target_temperature_state_address: '1/3/0'
     operation_mode_address: '1/6/0'
     operation_mode_state_address: '1/2/0'
     max_temp: 26.0

It broke since 0.96, so I assume it has something to do with the breaking change, but don’t know how I can solve this…

Thanks!
Cadish

I’ve run into exactly the same issue. It looks like 0.96 requires version 1.1.1 of libssl-dev, but 1.1.0 is the latest version available on Stretch. So 0.96 will only work on Buster unless we find a way to manually install the newer version of this.

2 Likes

I’m also receiving strange errors and HA didn’t start:

2019-07-18 19:27:55 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experien
ce issues with Home Assistant.
2019-07-18 19:27:55 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for breaking_changes which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you
 do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2019-07-18 19:27:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] systemmonitor: Error on device update!
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 261, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 366, in async_device_update
    await self.parallel_updates.acquire()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/locks.py", line 474, in acquire
    await fut
concurrent.futures._base.CancelledError
2019-07-18 19:27:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Error while setting up platform feedparser
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 126, in _async_setup_platform
    SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 435, in wait_for
    await waiter
2019-07-18 19:27:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Error while setting up platform rest
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 126, in _async_setup_platform
    SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 435, in wait_for
    await waiter
2019-07-18 19:27:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] sql: Error on device update!
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 261, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 380, in async_device_update
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.update)
2019-07-18 19:27:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Error while setting up platform version
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 135, in _async_setup_platform
    pending)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 389, in wait
    return await _wait(fs, timeout, return_when, loop)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 482, in _wait
    await waiter

From the post

" * operation_mode has been renamed to hvac_mode to emphasize what the mode is for."

my KNX climates were disappear after update to 0.9.6, show lot of errors in log. downgraded to 0.95.4 (hassbian).

Prior to .96, I have been setting a text value for my nest thermostats so that when I go from eco mode back to normal operation it will set the ‘hvac_mode’ to what was set before going into eco mode. I used to use ‘…attributes.operation_mode’ to get the value but that stopped working due to changes with the climate options so I tried ‘…attributes.hvac_mode’. That just returns “None”. Is there a way to get the current hvac_mode setting?

nest_eco:
  sequence:
  - data_template:
      entity_id: input_text.nest_mode
      value: '{{ states.climate.downstairs_downstairs.attributes.hvac_mode }}'
    service: input_text.set_value`

…and after typing all that, it appears I can get the status from calling state on:

climate.downstairs_downstairs

Not really sure why I didn’t use that before, unless it was not available when I first configured this.

To everyone having issues with this:

have a look here: OPENSSL_1_1_1 · Issue #307 · home-assistant/hassbian-scripts · GitHub .
This solved my issues (running in virtual enviroment).

1 Like

So the problem at the moment is localized - trakt platfom is causing HA to hang during restart. When trakt sensor is disabled - HA start.
Other problem that I found is that smarthings integration doesn’t work.

2019-07-18 20:35:49 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry XXXXXX for smartthings

The sidebar is indeed not working as it should. On iPad (landscape) and using Chrome. The sidebar starts minimised. After opening it never minimizes again. It stays on top of the page.

Ralph

same for me

Agree with @allan. We should have the ability to hide it completely. In particular for tablet and mobile use where every pixel counts. And we should not have to rely on a custom component for it as well.

Don’t get me wrong, I highly appriciate all the hard work done, but this does not feel like a good move.

Ralph

4 Likes

Trying to fix things with SmartThing - I try to remove integration and reconfigure it.
When I deleted current integration and try to add it again - I have a new problem - list with integrations is empty - so no way to add any integration :frowning:
The things are becoming strange so I’m very close to reinstall it and start configuring from the scratch - but this is not so good in general, as there is no easy way to backup/ restore entire config.

Aaaa. This is not serios. Waiting few minutes - integration list somehow become avaliable.
Reconfigure ST integration and now things looks OK (at least for ST).

Now I have problem only with Trakt component.

The delay is the pysmartthings library installing, patience is a virtue :wink:

Anyone else having trouble putting their Ecobee into Away mode with this release? I had been using set_away_mode which has now been deprecated so I switched to set_preset_mode but it’s not activating Away mode on the Ecobee. I actually just tried using the climate card and selecting Away as the preset and I get “Failed to call service climate/set_preset_mode”.

1 Like