0.97: Apache Kafka, Fortigate, Twente Milieu

Perhaps detecting all your devices is a good theft detection system?

1 Like

dont_track_wired_clients: 'true' seems to work

I always create a snapshot before upgrading and luckily I did so just before this upgrade, will revert back until hopefully the devs hear our cries and fix the unifi component…

Here’s a use-case I was planning to deploy in a new Home Assistant installation… I do volunteer work at a community library (they used to be part of the county library system until they got jettisoned/closed due to budget shortfalls 5 or 6 years ago.) A couple of use volunteers updated their internal network and library patron workstations. We put in a UniFi-based Wi-Fi network that’s an open Wi-Fi network for the library patrons to use.

I would like to have a handful fo device trackers for the library volunteers that staff the desk and assist with the patrons. While the library’s workstations are on a non-public network, the volunteers phones are not – the volunteers are older, retired people and not very tech savvy – they just use the public network along with hundreds of library users that come and go. I would like to note when they show up and when they leave as part of automations for lighting and other stuff – if there’s still someone around, then don’t turn things off.

So it’s really great that I can exclude wired devices and specific SSID’s, but that’s not a adequate filtering mechanism.

My situation at home also has way more wifi devices than necessary that don’t need to be tracked.

Imagine what a bluetooth-based tracker using this same policy is going to do if the device scanning is in a populated area and people are wandering by with their phones. That’s going to be a nightmare. I’ve read that architectural decision reference earlier in the thread, and I think the scenario they had in mind was some sort of API, like to a weather prediction service that returns back a whole collection of different types of information. That’s a bound set of alternatives that you can consider once; not an every growing number of alternatives.

Can “y’all” grab the old version of the Unifi component and install it as a custom component until the official one gets fixed?

Great progress of the system, congrats!
Any plans to have user permissions before 1.0? Still my wife and kids don’t like having so many things, so they dont have the app, and I want to get rid of owntracks too

Have you checked out Compact Custom Header? Can customize what parts of the UI individual users have access to.

1 Like

Just upgraded hass.io based install to to 0.97.2 and now nuheat is broken: components and platforms could not set up: nuheat. Please check your config. I have looked at changelog, and did not find anything about what need to be changed.

Error during setup of component nuheat
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/contrib/pyopenssl.py", line 472, in wrap_socket
    cnx.do_handshake()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/SSL.py", line 1915, in do_handshake
    self._raise_ssl_error(self._ssl, result)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/SSL.py", line 1640, in _raise_ssl_error
    raise SysCallError(-1, "Unexpected EOF")
OpenSSL.SSL.SysCallError: (-1, 'Unexpected EOF')

For unifi device tracking: I added a new device and put in an alias in the USG for it. However, it doesn’t show up with that alias under device trackers. It shows up with original hostname. Any thoughts on this? Does something need to be rebooted for it to pick up the alias? I have restarted HA a couple of times with no joy.

Updated to 0.97.2 and now my Neato doesn’t work anymore, I’ve reboot by it still Invalid config
The following components and platform could not set up:
neato
Please check your config

Any ideas since I just updated and haven’t changed anything?

what error are you getting and how did you install home assistant?

I have installed Hassbian since 0.3x:-)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 172, in _async_setup_component
component.setup, hass, processed_config # type: ignore
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/neato/init.py”, line 181, in setup
hass.data[NEATO_LOGIN] = NeatoHub(hass, config[DOMAIN], Account, Neato)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/neato/init.py”, line 208, in init
self._hass.data[NEATO_ROBOTS] = self.my_neato.robots
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pybotvac/account.py”, line 65, in robots
self.refresh_robots()
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pybotvac/account.py”, line 113, in refresh_robots
endpoint=robot[‘nucleo_url’]))
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pybotvac/robot.py”, line 46, in init
if self.service_version not in SUPPORTED_SERVICES:
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pybotvac/robot.py”, line 231, in service_version
return self.available_services[‘houseCleaning’]
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pybotvac/robot.py”, line 227, in available_services
return self.state[‘availableServices’]
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pybotvac/robot.py”, line 223, in state
return self.get_robot_state().json()
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pybotvac/robot.py”, line 181, in get_robot_state
return self._message({‘reqId’: “1”, ‘cmd’: “getRobotState”})
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pybotvac/robot.py”, line 63, in _message
headers=self._headers)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/api.py”, line 116, in post
return request(‘post’, url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/api.py”, line 60, in request
return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 519, in request
prep = self.prepare_request(req)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 462, in prepare_request
hooks=merge_hooks(request.hooks, self.hooks),
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/models.py”, line 317, in prepare
self.prepare_auth(auth, url)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/models.py”, line 548, in prepare_auth
r = auth(self)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pybotvac/robot.py”, line 245, in call
locale.setlocale(locale.LC_TIME, ‘en_US.utf8’)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/locale.py”, line 604, in setlocale
return _setlocale(category, locale)
locale.Error: unsupported locale setting

Try to configure the locale on your installation, that should get it corrected.

See: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/25759#issuecomment-519373109

The botvac library was updated to fix some bugs around the neato api and locale is now a requirement. Most installations should already have it done but there are a few outliers that do not.

Just commenting to follow the discussion around all things Unifi-related.

I’m a new user who has managed to get things up and running to a point that I was very happy with. Then I upgraded today and all of my presence-based automations (based on Unifi) were broken until I restored from the pre-upgrade snapshot I took.

I’m not sure what it’ll take to restore those but they worked extremely well for me before so I’m hesitant to upgrade until I can get that functionality back.

I might try it, but still, I think the core system should have this OOTB, given its importance and the basics already deployed. In case so many integrations are already supported, doubt are used by all, I think user permissions will be very much used by most users and the entire user system will be complete for the 1.0. Cheers!

Thanks a lot dshokouhi:-)
I added en_us.UTF-8 in raspi-config, rebooted and it worked.

1 Like

Next version , 0.98, 0.99 and finally !!! 0.100 XD

Ping wifi device tracker doesn’t seem to be working anymore. Will only track as ‘home’ after a restart and after a period of time changes to away when still connected

0.100 is not 1.0!

Yeah was just trying to be funny , knowing every body is waiting for 1.00

OK, I wasn’t sure if you were serious or not…