0.97: Apache Kafka, Fortigate, Twente Milieu

This is where I saw the change (above)

After upgrading to 0.97, the ROKU platform is creating the following error:

2019-08-08 07:29:45 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component roku
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 172, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/roku/__init__.py", line 56, in setup
    _setup_roku(hass, config, conf)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/roku/__init__.py", line 97, in _setup_roku
    from roku import Roku
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/roku/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from roku.core import Roku, Application, Channel, RokuException, __version__
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/roku/core.py", line 4, in <module>
    from lxml import etree as ET
ImportError: libxslt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

My setup is: Hassbian (Buster), Python 3.7
Under Beta Fixes I see @pvizeli made a change

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Agreed 100%. And I think it goes beyond the upgrade examples. The HA documentation in general is more like a programmers reference guide, often showing the minimum amount necessary to get the idea across (i.e. assuming that someone is quite knowledgeable about HA, it’s syntax, etc).

I’ve been running HA for over a year and still struggle considerably with even simple stuff - usually relying on finding other forums discussions, or digging through github to find example configurations.

With 1.0 quickly approaching, the massive publicity will draw massive numbers of new people, and the forums are going to be flooded with simple questions that could have been answered via more complete examples in the documentation.

1 Like

Got my google calendars working again, just used the original

google:
  client_id: YOUR_CLIENT_ID
  client_secret: YOUR_CLIENT_SECRET

in config yaml and restarted and got a notification about setting up calendars, copied the code and it went to google to authorise the connection. No idea why it stopped working but works now

“Brandon” was interviewed. They typically have a guest on their podcast on youtube

shell_command is crashing my HA. I see other mentions of something similar here: Shell_command crashes interface on > 0.95

any idea what could be causing this?

I have the same issue, in the logging I see the following:

2019-08-08 18:05:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 400, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_added_to_hass()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/filter/sensor.py", line 258, in async_added_to_hass
    for state in filter_history[self._entity]
KeyError: 'sensor.power_consumption1' 

This was working before the update

The config part is the following:

- platform: filter
    name: 'power_consumption_filtered'
    entity_id: sensor.power_consumption1
    filters:
      - filter: time_throttle
        window_size: 00:0:15
        precision: 3

I don’t understand the UniFi presence detection changes. After upgrade, devices on my unifi network all show as away. What needs to be changed in my config for this latest update?

EDIT: Looks like it just adds all the devices by name on the router so I will have to change the names of some of my entities that I had pre-configured.

1 Like

I wonder if this renaming only occur if you have a UniFi router?

I have a couple of UniFi access points and UniFi switches and use pfSense as the edge router that hands out DHCP leases to clients. Tracking these devices by MAC address has worked really well for some time, I hope that continues to be the case.

I have a USG and that is the integration that gets all the names and other connection info. The change is that all items in that router now show as device trackers along with the name I assigned that device in the USG.

Good for you. I’m restarting it now for 3rd time…
That part of the configuration is same as it was before. Only thing I removed was password part for Google Maps tracking (as per breaking change in 0.97), but… calendar is still not working.

2019-08-08 21:08:53 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.calendar] Error while setting up platform google
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 149, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 442, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/google/calendar.py", line 34, in setup_platform
    for data in disc_info[CONF_ENTITIES] if data[CONF_TRACK]])
  File "/config/custom_components/google/calendar.py", line 34, in <listcomp>
    for data in disc_info[CONF_ENTITIES] if data[CONF_TRACK]])
  File "/config/custom_components/google/calendar.py", line 47, in __init__
    super().__init__(hass, data)
TypeError: object.__init__() takes exactly one argument (the instance to initialize)

Didn’t find anywhere that cookie or authentication or whatever have to be delated and re-authenticated…

One thing I noticed is you’re using the custom component Google calendar, I’m just using the built in one.

Just updated to 0.97
Getting lots of errors for some (not all) of my media in helpers/entity.py complaining about missing entity-id for my media’s various switches such as “repeat switch”, “do not disturb switch”.
Here is an example:

2019-08-08 15:12:03 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
  File "/opt/homeassistant/venv_3.6/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 243, in async_update_ha_state
    "No entity id specified for entity {}".format(self.name)
homeassistant.exceptions.NoEntitySpecifiedError: No entity id specified for entity MY Fire TV Stick repeat switch

1 Like

WOW!

After upgrading I now have a gazillion device_trackers!
How do we white-/blacklist device_trackers with the new Unifi tracker?

Right now I have a device_tracker for every single connection (and servers with 2 or more connections are presenst multiple times!)

3 Likes

Yes, you are right, but I’m using generic Google calendar for component and custom component is just for visualisation (you have to have generic one working for it).

same here it’s screwed all my device tracking and several media players (custom component alexa and tivo for starters)

How long does it take to update? I’m using hass.io and clicked the update button.
This was 40min ago. Still can’t access HA.

Depending on your hardware it can take seconds up to minutes. 40 minutes seem like a bit much. Better check the console what it says.

This is what I’m trying to figure out - it is made out to be a switch to block users (but no switch appears).

Thank you! Went looking for it and thought it was gone again!