0.97: Apache Kafka, Fortigate, Twente Milieu

I don’t see how having all the devices listed is a problem. Yes, we lost functionality with this update, but it’s far from being critical or something to get worked up over.

I find it really a sad statement on some people to hear them whine and moan so much over FREE SOFTWARE that others are working hard to provide.

1 Like

I don’t care about having all devices listed. It’s the fact that the device tracking has stopped working full stop for me, and for others too.

What has stopped working with device tracker?

Somehow this update completely broke my zwave setup…

I have usb_path and network_key set in my configuration.yaml file…

Was there a breaking change to Alexa Media Player? After upgrading I’m getting this:

Unable to prepare setup for platform alexa_media.media_player: Platform not found (cannot import name 'MEDIA_PLAYER_SCHEMA' from 'homeassistant.components.media_player' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/media_player/__init__.py)).

I think there is an update to the add-on to cater for thast particular issue

1 Like

Ok, Thanks. I will look into that.

It’s working fine. Names may have changed but if you update to the new names; or rename the entities to the old names; it all works as it did.

@balloob See issue #25833 for the Ecobee issue

Really?

So you think that to show our dislike for a new feature or loss of functionality is just people whining? How do you recommend that people voice a problem that they are having and what they think is a better idea? Or is it you don’t think people should voice any negative thoughts at all? How do you think a developer will know that there is a problem unless we (the users) let them know?

I’m not sure that a loss in functionality should be a goal of any update. Loss of functionality should only ever be the result of things completely beyond the control of the developer. I’m not saying that the loss of functionality was a goal in this case (it’s more likely to be a bug) but if losing functionality is built in then that’s not a good thing and deserves a “complaint”.

5 Likes

I’m sure it’s not the goal at all. Has any functionality actually been lost or is it just a change in the way it’s presented/configured?

Be constructive and go file a GitHub issue if it bothers you so much…

An exclusion filter has been dropped so you end up with additional device_trackers for all your wifi and wired clients. Not a big deal and just a nuisance issue if you don’t want them exposed.

I don’t see it as whining. Pointing out how an update affects users (good and bad) is the whole idea of these version update topics. Many things have been fixed this way. e.g. the recent changes to the side menu.

It’s a minor nuisance to you but highly annoying to others.

Also thank you for the reply to my question above. That was precisely the information I needed.

3 Likes

Breaking Change concerning VeSync devices:
Remove it from sensors platform in Yaml and it’s now it’s own integration from what I understand as
vesync:
Brought all mine back to life after Yaml modification and reboot. Took me a minute to find the new configuration validation- Left menu Configuration and then under “Server Control”.

I see that almost all of the monitored conditions have been removed from the Unifi Tracker and there is no way to put them back in. It would be nice to be able to selectively put those conditions back in as I used ap_mac to determine what device was in what location and have a lot of frontend UI stuff built off of that as well as automations.

Right now it’s all just broken.

Also, having the device_tracker entities still show up in the States tab, even after deleting them out of the Entity Registry is kind of frustrating. I have a lot of network devices and I don’t want or need all of them showing up in HASS. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I came to write the exact same thing about the Unifi tracker :smiley:

1 Like

Regarding Unifi device tracking - You can filter out all wired clients by adding dont_track_wired_clients to the config. Not sure why this hasn’t made it into the docs yet, but it is working for me…

# Example configuration.yaml entry
unifi:
  controllers:
    - host: unifi
      site: My site
      dont_track_wired_clients: 'true'
      ssid_filter:
        - 'HomeSSID'
          'IoTSSID'

Well, there is nothing lost and we have process they describe what is going on:

That means, you need learn to live with that or create an architecture issue they describe how all the parts should work together.

Tile device tracker no longer works in 0.97.1

Error setting up platform legacy
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/setup.py", line 69, in async_setup_legacy
    hass, self.config, tracker.async_see, discovery_info
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/tile/device_tracker.py", line 74, in async_setup_scanner
    return await scanner.async_init()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/tile/device_tracker.py", line 98, in async_init
    await self._async_update()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/tile/device_tracker.py", line 129, in _async_update
    gps=(tile["tileState"]["latitude"], tile["tileState"]["longitude"]),
KeyError: 'tileState'