0.98: Improved entity management, options and Home Assistant Alerts

Try clearing your browser cache.

Just tried, no change. Even tried in an incognito window.

Will you be able to disable and enable entities from the api? Ive been looking for a way to automatically disable misbehaving sensors for years!

just tried to update my Raspi4 running hassio(beta) 0.97.2 but I get the following errors

19-08-29 09:20:05 INFO (SyncWorker_18) [hassio.docker.interface] Pull image homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant tag 0.98.0.
19-08-29 09:20:06 ERROR (SyncWorker_18) [hassio.docker.interface] Can't install homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant:0.98.0 -> 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error ("readlink /mnt/data/docker/overlay2: invalid argument").
19-08-29 09:20:06 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Update Home Assistant image fails

Any thoughts ?

any thoughts. I have tried to reboot the pi restart hassio, etc.

Do all integrations have the disable features or only certain selected ones?

In my Configuration - Integrations screen, I have the following integrations, and they all have the new System Options button:

Google Cast
TP Link Smart Home
HACS
MQTT
deCONZ
Mobile App for iPad and iPhone

The deCONZ also has the new Config Entry Options button as described in the original post.

1 Like

The googlehome component still worked reliably to sense alarms and timers for me, using an Insignia NS-CSPGASP-B. I haven’t tested with my other google assistant devices, and I have not used the device tracking feature.

For now I have added the component as a custom component. Anyway that feature could get added back?

I am also not seeing labels in the deconz options pop up window.

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat.

Trap for players: the binary sensor might always be available but its state is “unknown” for at least an hour after restarts.

1 Like

I also have this for both Deconz and Unifi Controller. Just checkmarks and no label texts. Not working!

I tried to open in Firefox and I see te same problem as I see in Chrome so it cannot be a cache thing. I cleared the Firefox cache completely and still the same

Running HA in Docker on a nas (Synlogy DS218+) for serval time stable.
Since the new version HA totaly freezes up randomly twice now, RAM uses 996MB, normaly around 330MB. The ‘terminal’ in Docker shows no further output.
By restarting the docker container HA starts again, but the logfile is flushed and gives no further details.

I also with the Unifi controller, checkmarks no label text

said it here, Markdown-mod - Improve the built-in markdown card but gladly repeat it:

A major step taken now we have native Jinja templates in the Markdown card, let’s all support that, kudos to the dev’s that have made this possible!

I’d really love to voice the wish that Lovelace adopts native Jinja, and that templating will become available throughout the HA instance, and be consistent in its implementation in the various (custom) cards… version 1.0 should be ready for native Jinja :wink:

For now: happy templating in Markdown :wink: Thanks again!

1 Like

If you delete you confirmation.yaml - a new one should be created upon next restart…

(Just be sure to save you config files if you have any special settings you want to preserve / build upon)

Anyone else getting a configuration check failure for the Environment Canada weather componenet?

[12:17:35] INFO: Installing Home Assistant: latest...
[12:17:35] INFO: Please be patient, this might take a few minutes...
WARNING: You are using pip version 19.1.1, however version 19.2.3 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.
[12:18:18] INFO: Installed Home Assistant 0.98.0
[12:18:18] INFO: Don't worry, this temporary installation is not overwriting your current one.
[12:18:18] INFO: Making a copy of your configuration for checking...
[12:18:28] INFO: Checking your configuration against this version...
[12:19:48] ERROR: The configuration check did not pass!
[12:19:48] ERROR: See the output below for more details.
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of colorlog==4.0.2
Testing configuration at /tmp/config
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of python-ecobee-api==0.0.21
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of sqlalchemy==1.3.7
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of pymyq==1.2.1
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of aiounifi==11
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of env_canada==0.0.24
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of plexapi==3.0.6
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of netdisco==2.6.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of homeassistant-pyozw==0.1.4
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of influxdb==5.2.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of mutagen==1.42.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of gTTS-token==1.1.3
Failed config
  General Errors: 
    - Platform error weather.environment_canada - Error loading shared library libjpeg.so.8: No such file or directory (needed by /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PIL/_imaging.cpython-37m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so)

Successful config (partial)

It may update once an hour, but it should be able to auto update on HA restarts, maybe in the next HA update :+1:

Im also wondering if I can update when im using Hass in Docker on Stretch on RPi

I have the same here with Unifi controller.

After 0.98.0 update, cannot install opencv.

I have Home Assistant in Docker - usually after pulling the new image and recreating the container, I have to go to the terminal and run:

pip3 install opencv-python-headless

With the new docker image being based on Apline instead of Debian this no longer works.
I did some research - and this is beyond my knowledge - but I believe it is due to the fact that Debian uses GNU libc and Alpine uses musl libc.

I guess because of the differences musl libc has significantly less python packages pre-build that you can just install using pip. Potentially I guess we can build opencv from source - but at this point I don’t want to tackle this every time I update HA image.

So I guess I have a question / request - is there another way to get opencv in an Alpine container, or can we suppress the warning? I know this is low priority since it still works - just wanted to report it.

Thank you all for the hard work on this amazing software!
DeadEnd

1 Like