0.98: Improved entity management, options and Home Assistant Alerts

using Check Home Assistant configuration from 0.97.2, I got the following error
TLDR: when trying to install androidtv=0.0.24: Error loading shared library libusb-1.0.so: No such file or directory

full error:

INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of androidtv==0.0.24
ERROR:homeassistant.scripts.check_config:BURB
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/scripts/check_config.py", line 206, in check
    async_check_ha_config_file(hass)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/base_events.py", line 579, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/check_config.py", line 156, in async_check_ha_config_file
    platform = p_integration.get_platform(domain)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py", line 235, in get_platform
    "{}.{}".format(self.pkg_path, platform_name)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 983, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 677, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 728, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/androidtv/media_player.py", line 6, in <module>
    from androidtv import setup, ha_state_detection_rules_validator
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/androidtv/__init__.py", line 6, in <module>
    from .androidtv import AndroidTV
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/androidtv/androidtv.py", line 9, in <module>
    from .basetv import BaseTV
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/androidtv/basetv.py", line 13, in <module>
    from adb import adb_commands
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/adb/adb_commands.py", line 31, in <module>
    from adb import common
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/adb/common.py", line 25, in <module>
    import libusb1
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/libusb1.py", line 8, in <module>
    from usb1.libusb1 import *
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/usb1/__init__.py", line 61, in <module>
    from . import libusb1
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/usb1/libusb1.py", line 199, in <module>
    libusb = _loadLibrary()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/usb1/libusb1.py", line 173, in _loadLibrary
    return dll_loader('libusb-1.0' + suffix, **loader_kw)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/ctypes/__init__.py", line 364, in __init__
    self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
OSError: Error loading shared library libusb-1.0.so: No such file or directory
Fatal error while loading config: Error loading shared library libusb-1.0.so: No such file or directory
Failed config
  General Errors: 
    - Error loading shared library libusb-1.0.so: No such file or directory

Same here. Maybe it’s just configuration checker …

It ran under Docour

Any rpi3 hassio users noticed a drop in performance with 0.98. menus are slower, switches hesitate and slow to update status. Could be mqtt slower.

binary_sensor.updater is still showing that the latest version is 0.97.2 for me several hours after updating Home Assistant to 0.98. I have a version sensor configured using source: pypi and that tells me it is 0.98. Oddly, https://updater.home-assistant.io/ is showing that the latest version is 0.98.1.

lol. Are you trolling me? Looking for a fish slap?
If this was a genuine question I apologize. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You are a great candidate for the new hassio su repair command. :grimacing:
It addresses this situation specifically.

It looks like there is a 98.1 that is still testing commits.
Not sure what the update site is tied to - but looks like it is a little ahead of the game.

DeadEnd

Nope, trolling. I saw your channel on discord lol

1 Like

I got that but clicked upgrade anyway and all was good last night. NUC HASSOS.

1 Like

@cogneato I was guided in that direction from a helpful person on discord. It did in deed solve my problem and I am now the proud owner of a 98.0 installation of HA.

:smiley:

Anyone else using the Envisalink component and have it break with the upgrade to 0.98? Home assistant reports that “the following components and platforms could not be set up: envisalink. Please check your config”. I have not changed my config and it still matches the examples for the envisalink component online.

Just FYI, just upgraded 98.1 and on the info tab I show both 0.98.1 and

Other than that, thank for the hard work on these updates!

Try Ctrl +F5.

It is displaying correctly here.

:+1:

Didn’t consider that.

Why not run opencv in a separate docker container?

I´m trying to update hassio from 0.97.2 to 0.98.1 but keep running into the same error.
[hassio.docker.interface] Can’t install homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:0.98.1 -> 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error (“readlink /var/lib/docker/overlay2/l: invalid argument”).

Anyone else seeing this and perhaps can point me in the right direction?

Clearly you need to read the thread, it is already answered.

Yeah, It´s been mentioned but I couldn´t find a solution. Or are you talking about the hassio su repair command?

Edit: I´m gonna check that command out. But if it´s new, then I won´t find it in my 0…97.2 version of Hassio?

Indeed I was.

1 Like