0.99: Withings, Device Automations, launch Home Assistant Cast from Python

I think the difference is I am using unifi_direct instead of the unifi component. See if you can run it using unifi_direct.

I added a couple of new switches just last week while on 0.98.5, and they were grabbed and automatically imported into known_devices.yaml.

Great job guys!! Can you please add MQTT devices to the simplified automations process?? This is IoT’s and DIY basic protocol. I think it’d make a lot of sense to add this. At least the ones being added to HA by MQTT Discovery, so HA knew what are the status values, on/off payloads etc. Keep on the great work!:+1:

This release is really great indeed!:smiley::smiley::smiley: It is immediately visible that Lovelace got even better! Bram’s work is truly valuable :+1::+1::+1:. One remark though - frontend timer control doesn’t allow to set timer duration making dynamic timers still dependent on additional GUI entities like input_boolean, input_datetime and automations… :slightly_frowning_face: Adding a duration field to the frontend would be truly awesome and would make the frontend timer control complete (and would let me to get rid of unnecessary input_boolean and input_datetime! :slight_smile:)

I’ve filed a bug for this in Github as I thought the new frontend time buttons do not work. And they don’t for the initial duration. More here

I have an issue with the cast.show_lovelace_view service.
When I cast I get Error: Unable to find a view with path “cast” which is one of my views. It’s the same with all my other views, however if I use “default_view” for the path it works an shows the Home view. Also tried with 0,1,2… etc. with the same result.

hmm the changes in the unifi integration seems to break a some more for me than mentioned.
Settings like username/password/verify_ssl are no longer possible via configuration.yaml, which forces you to use the frontend integration to reenable the unifi component.

If you have additional settings like filtering on ssid you still need to input a host and site.
Unfortunately the docs are a bit unclear in what the input needs to be:
Same address/site as relevant config entry, needed to identify config entry.
I just figured out that site is the name of your site in the Unifi Controller. host stays the same as before.

I haven’t tried it but from looking at the docs it says that it only reports devices connected to the AP. I’m not sure why but a bunch of my wifi devices show in my controller software as being hardwired so I don’t think those devices would get picked up in that integration.

Besides I also still use my asus routers and those devices connected to those AP’s definitely show as hardwired so they wouldn’t work either.

So I don’t think that’s a viable solution.

As-per docs worked fine for me:

configuration.yaml

pi_hole:

sensors.yaml

- platform: pi_hole

I’m running Pi-hole on a separate Pi, available at pi.hole. Are you running it as a Hass.io Add-on?

I currently have pi-hole as hassio addon, and another pihole instance (not HASSIO) on a separate pi3.

The pihole as HASSIO addon integration (sensors and switch) works perfectly, but if I wish to use the pihole instance of the pi3, don’t I need to put the password somewhere, I do not see it in the options

maybe as this

pi_hole:
  host: 192.168.1.5

?

Been trying to make it work on beta. It seems that cast is loading legacy frontend (states). As I didn’t had any path configured in ui-lovelace.yaml I was trying to make it work with numbers as it was mentioned it gets tabs by their order. So, when I finally got it showing, it was “states” interface. Looking forward for the fix by developers.

Its a bug with UniFi, I have it on my todo if I can work around that issue with the UniFi integration.

1 Like

Is there any way you can tell us how the device tracker stuff is supposed to work just to try to clear up some of the confusion surrounding it right now?

That’s great, as stated, it didn’t for me.

Yep, as stated.

I think that anything that is connected to a a router before Unifi, even on WiFi, is seen as wired.

Can you move the WiFi items that are on the Asus routers to the Unifi AP at all? If you, you could use Unifi_direct.

anyone tried the !secrets options yet in 0.99 ? how to use it in add-ons?

"username": "!secret addon_ssh_username",
"password": "!secret addon_ssh_password",

gives me this error :

not a valid value for dictionary value @ data['options']. Got {'ssh': {'username': '!secret addon_ssh_username', 'password': '!secret addon_ssh_password',

and without quotes, i cant save …

"username": !secret addon_ssh_username,
"password": !secret addon_ssh_password,

Same issue at my place :confused:

And trying to readd the integrations only gives me “unknown error occured”…

I am using the hassio addon also, and adding the ip address and port didn’t fix the error for me with 192.168.0.38 being my hassio/pihole address

pi_hole: 
  host: 192.168.0.38:4865

Have you added anything into sensor.yaml?

I am also missing any triggers for device automation’s. Using the default ui.

Hi all,

I’ve just updated to 0.99 and Cast integration is not working anymore. I can’t delete it or manage it.

I’m the only one?