0.99: Withings, Device Automations, launch Home Assistant Cast from Python

Had the same problem.

Try saving the addon config again, then take a look at the hassio logs (System log) at Hassio -> System.

I got WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.secrets] Home Assistant secrets have a invalid format.

Turns out that secrets.yaml can not contain lists.

Same here, also under the device list, is there any way to remove the devices from that list? Would be nice if there could be a shortcut to disable, hide, customize, when you click on them

It shows Z-Wave devices that I thought i removed from HA, like none of their entities are present in the Entities Registry yet they show up in the Device list.

Love this view, hopefully the new Unused Device view can be integrated into other parts of HA like the Entities Registry, or even Customization (so you can bulk disable things, and see which ones have been working etc)

There are docs missing for (at least deCONZ) device automations in YAML.
I was able to ‘track’ them by adding automation in UI and looking at the file, but couldn’t find the description anywhere near automations nor deCONZ on website.

Good job anyway!

It can take up to an hour or so for the status to be updated. Just wait. Donb’t keep removing and readding!

I have replaced the old config with;

sensor:
  - platform: pi_hole

Currently 99.2 is the latest release, but in dockerhub 99.1 is tagged as latest: https://hub.docker.com/r/homeassistant/home-assistant/tags

Ok, thnx for info? But how to fix it then? Still not clear to me? Make 1 secret for that whole config section?

Also experiencing this issue with the Withings integration. FWIW more detail will appear in your browser console:

ha-config-entries-dashboard.ts:170 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘item’ of undefined at HTMLElement._continueFlow (ha-config-entries-dashboard.ts:170) at _.handleEvent (parts.js:434) at HTMLElement.__boundHandleEvent (parts.js:400)

_continueFlow @ ha-config-entries-dashboard.ts:170
handleEvent @ parts.js:434
__boundHandleEvent @ parts.js:400

Could anybody tell me if something is needed to be added to the config.yaml for Home Assistant Cast other then;

cloud:

Im trying to cast a lovelace view, but all custom elements are displaying ‘null’ in a red box.

its working fine on my Phone and computer. (im using the custom button card)

I did subscribe to nabu casa.

Try removing that from sensor.yaml.

I only have this in my configuration.yaml, and nothing in sensor.yaml

pi_hole:
  host: 192.168.1.101:4865

Thank you for the suggestion but removing it hasn’t changed the errors

1 Like

It can take a while for it to show on docker hub

Not sure if custom cards are supported yet

What custom cards are you using that are not showing up?

Can anyone teach me how to use cast.show_lovelace_view in detail?
I can cast to google hub like this:
- service: cast.show_lovelace_view
data:
entity_id: media_player.kitchen
view_path: default_view
But It shows what I do not want. Not in correct place and display language is transtated into Hub’s language.

Please format your code!

Custom Button Card

It is about 95% of my entire IU

By the way, thanks for all you do with this platform, I’m so addicted to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, it depends on the error.

In my case the error was that I had a yaml list in the secret file.
I.E

some_name:
  - Item1

updated to:

some_name: Item1

and it worked.

ah , not the case here, i dont have lists in my secrets file
can you show me how you used the secrets in the add-on config, can you copy an example from there? the whole config section

thnx