:0:0 ResizeObserver loop completed with undelivered notifications

Any ideas on this cryptic error message?

Logger: frontend.js.latest.202107070
Source: components/system_log/init.py:190
First occurred: 5:36:53 PM (161 occurrences)
Last logged: 6:53:34 PM
:0:0 ResizeObserver loop completed with undelivered notifications.

Thanks
David

1 Like

suddenly have the same!

Don’t worry too much as it dispersed all by its self eventually.

David

since i cleared cache it was gone

I’ve noticed that I’ve been getting these for at least the past two months. I always patch my system with the latest versions as they come out. I found out it’s caused by opening the Logbook or refreshing it. The error count increments each time you open the Logbook page. Everything is functioning fine, just these messages in the Logs.

I’m also seeing this when I refresh the logbook page while having the logbook loaded.

This plague my setup for many months, however recently I’ve reinstalled Home Assistant integrations one by one, and this reappeared only after zigbee2mqtt and tasmota integrations were put in place.

Technically this is a javascript error caused by a recursive loop within a resize observer. When you resize your browser window manually, or this can also happen automatically when scrollbars are added or when the page layout changes, then the front end rendering code needs to be informed of that change so it can update the page. When the layout changes again while the frontend code is updating it, then this error is generated.

It can be very difficult to avoid these errors in the code. The good news is that they’re completely harmless. They basically say, ok, I detected a potential infinite loop in your rendering code and stopped it. It won’t go further than that. You can simply ignore them.

8 Likes

FYI, here is the GitHub issue for these errors.

For the logbook and some other areas, this might be resolved as of 2023.2 (currently in beta).

1 Like

2023.3.3 this s*** keeps going

1 Like

Also in the new HAOS 10.0 version too!

Has anyone found a way to set a logfilter for these errors? Since they keep popping up while everything is working just fine, i would love to get rid of the errors, even if thats not adressing the root cause.
I assume the following would work for a short while, but since the component namespace keeps changing it will outdate quickly:

logger:
  filters:
    frontend.js.latest.202305033:
      - 'ResizeObserver loop completed with undelivered notifications.'

Is there a way to account for the changing namespace?